Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Ashton's POV

We arrived at the hospital and we were all sent immediately to the waiting area. We've been waiting for what? Couple hours? And there's no news on Abby. Many doctors have ran in and out of her room, that only scares us. At one point one of the doctors gave us a look of sympathy. When I got that look, my heart sank. I feel as if she's close to death. The guys and I were all looking down at the ground, none of us have ever been in the hospital before.

But now we have a daughter who works in the CIA, I have a feeling we'll be here quite often. "Abby Irwin?" The guys and I all stood up as soon as he said 'Abby'. I ran up to the doctor and clung onto his white, lab coat. "Is she ok?" Tears were already welling in my eyes. "Why don't you go see for yourself?" The doctor said whilst smiling. My heart lifted, she's alive. I looked back at the guys and showed them my smile which made them all smile widely too. The guys and I walked calmly to her room, we all wanted to run. I think that everyone that saw us knew that.

I got to the door first and turned to face the guys. "We should try and be quiet, well not quite. But not shouting at the top of our lungs." The guys nodded knowing what I meant and I slowly opened the door to see Abby laying on the bed looking up at the ceiling. "I don't want your disgusting food." She said, not even looking at us. "I'm sorry, but we don't have any food, we can go and get some for you if you want?" Calum said whilst smirking. Abby gasped and sat up but fell back down in pain. "Hey guys." She said slightly smiling.

The guys and I walked in and sat around her bed. "Listen," Abby started with a sigh, "I'm sorry you had to see that, I'm sure it was quite...scary. And I understand if you don't want me anymore." Tears started to run down her face, I wasn't sure if it was out of pain or out of sincerity. "Abby, how many times do we have to tell you? We already love you, you're apart of our family now. You're my child, and none of us could be proud of you." I said which made Abby cry even more.

"I'm sorry, it's not like me to burst into tears." She said trying to giggle. "It's fine, we understand." Luke said whilst lightly rubbing her knee. "I'm guessing that Crystal is definitely...dead." The guys and I looked down and Abby bit her lip trying to fight back the tears. I laid down on the bed next to her and wrapped my arm around her. "Let it out hunny, we're not going to judge." And just like that Abby became a waterfall. "I can't believe I actually killed her." She said, there was more rage in her voice now.

"It's a good job you did because I did more research and she was planning to kill everyone in the agency, she was a double agent." Everyone turned to the door to see Libby standing there with a smile on her face. "So wait, was she just using me to get close to everyone else so they'd all trust her? Because she was with me?" Everyone remained silent and Abby smacked her hands to her face groaning loudly then punching the air. "Why am I so stupid?! I should've noticed!"

"Abby, don't beat yourself up about this. Nobody in the agency thought Crystal would ever do something like that...Jamie, he's always been a dodgy person, I've never trusted him." Libby said as she walked over to me. Abby turned slightly so she was facing me. "Can you get me some food that's not from here?" She asked whilst pouting, I groaned and she smiled. "What do you want?" Abby looked back up to the ceiling then back at me.

"Fish and chips?" I chuckled and patted her head softly. "I'll go and get you some fish and chips." I got off the bed, to be replaced by Michael, and headed for the door. As I grabbed the handle Abby stopped me. "Make sure no doctor sees you with the food." I groaned and looked back at her. "I'm not a spy, I won't be good at this!" I complained, Libby stood up and walked over to me. "I'll help you then." Then Libby and I walked out and headed for the Fish and Chip shop.

Michael's POV

"Hey guys, can you give Abby and I a moment? It'll only be a couple minutes." Calum stood up and Luke whined. "Sure mate, we'll be back in when it's been exactly two minutes." I groaned and the two boys walked out leaving Abby and I alone. I turned to face Abby and she was already looking at me giving me a look of confusion, I chuckled and grabbed her hand. "How you feeling?" Abby giggled and looked at the ceiling.

"I'm feeling great, you know why?" She asked looking back at me, I shrugged my shoulders and Abby sighed, "well, my best friend shot me and her boyfriend tried to slit my throat and I killed the two of them...I feel great." By the time she finished she was in tears again and Calum and Luke walked back in. "Mate, what did you do?" Calum asked his eyes wide, Luke just chuckled. "Ashton's gonna kill you for making her cry."