The first word

I sighed while walking to lunch with Mary,Sara,and Diana.The first few classes had gone by fast and it was already time for lunch.Normally I would be excited to go to lunch but Brenden hadn't been coming lately.It was pretty boring without him.I took my seat and saw a 9th grade girl watch the doors of the cafeteria.Her name was Bianca and everyone knew she had a crush on Brenden.She didn't have this lunch period but she came to it anyways just so she could see him.I rolled my eyes and turned the other way.

Lunch went by fast.Pretty soon it was 6th period.I tried to not look at the clock every five minutes.Eventually the bell rang and I made my way to 7th period.When I got there,the subsitute sent me and Mary to hand some papers in to the main office.

"What should we do now"?she said after we handed the papers in.

"Let's go to the first floor" I said.

Sara had told me about how Brenden had class in the 1st floor now and I wanted to see if she was right.We walked through the 1st floor.I looked in the third classroom and he was in there just like she said.He saw me and I completely freaked out.

"That was his class"I told Mary.

"Really"?she said.

Then she went back and stood in front of the classroom door.

"What are you doing"? I said while pulling her away from the classroom.

We reached the end of the hallway and I let go of her.

"Why did you do that"?

"I wanted to check if that really was his classroom".

"Obviously it was cause I told you I saw him.Great,he probably saw that".

She shrugged her shoulders.I was about to tell her how stupid we probably looked when,the door to his classroom opened.

I saw someone stick their head out the door and look both ways.When the person looked in our direction,my breathing increased and my heart started pounding.It was Brenden.When he saw us standing there he went back inside.

"Oh my god!He just stuck his head out the door and looked at us"I told her.

She looked back to his classroom and raised her eyebrows.

"Mary,we have to go.He's going to come out".

We started walking towards the direction that we came from.When we reached the cafeteria doors,Mary suddenly had the urge to pee.

"Sorry,girls but we can't let you inside" the security guards said.

"You see, I told you" I said while trying to pull her to the exit.

A second later I realized it was too late.He was already outside of his classroom.He was at the water fountain near us,filling his water bottle up with water and looking at me.

Mary saw me and turned around to see what I was looking at.When she saw him standing there, she winked at me and began to walk towards him.I knew exactly what she was going to do.So,I turned around and went up the first flight of stairs.I stood there and listened to what she was saying to him.

"You know my friend Lily"-

"Stop Mary,I know what your doing"I screamed.

She continued talking.I was so nervous,I couldn't focus on what she was saying to him.Eventually their voices started getting closer.

"She's right here, on the stairs" She said.

I turned around and started going up the steps when I saw them walking towards me.I covered my face with my hands and kept muttering, oh my god.

They kept walking and I decided to stop walking.There was no use,they would eventually reach me.I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks.
When they finally reached me,he walked slowly by me.

"Say hi to her" Mary said.

He turned his head to the side and looked at me.

"Hi" he said.

I almost had a heart attack.His voice was so deep.He kept slowly walking up the stairs.I had to respond.If I didn't then it would be rude.This was my chance to talk to him.I took a deep breath.

"Hi".

OH.MY.GOD.

My voice came out breathless and high pitched.He went upstairs while Mary and I just stood there looking at eachother.When he left,we began to walk back to class.

"Did you hear how stupid my voice sounded"?

"Yea"she said while laughing.

I groaned.When we got to class she went to tell the rest of my friends what had happened, while I just sat there in silence thinking about my stupid reaction.