After the first word

The next day during fifth period,my friends and I were walking to the cafeteria when I looked down the hall and saw him walking.

As soon as my friends saw him,I knew I was doomed.I tried to run into the cafeteria,but I was grabbed by my bookbag.They were determined to push me to him.

"You guys aren't helping her by doing that".

I turned around and looked at him with wide eyes.He actually talked.He said a sentence.And he defended me.I couldn't help but stare at him.My friends kept telling me talk to him.

"I did it yesterday.Damn.You know what,hi.There I said it"I said while walking into the cafeteria.

I walked in and waited for them to come in.Finally after a few seconds they walked in.He was walking and my friends were behind him.Eventually they reached my table.I watched him keep walking towards the lunch line.

"Oh my god,Lily!So we asked him if he liked you and he covered his face with his hoodie and looked the other way.You guys are defenitly gonna go out".They said.

What?Why would he react that way?He probably had something on his face and didn't want my friends to see it.I turned around and stared at him.He was looking straight ahead, pretending he didn't see me looking at him.Yea,no way did I believe for even a second that his reaction was good.

All day I walked around thinking about his reaction.After every class,I would find him standing near the places we saw each other.He would stand there waiting for something.

Everytime he saw me,he would stare at me and I would stare back.After 7th period I decided to do the same to him.I stood on a corner of the hallway staring,while he stood on the other corner staring back.Eventually I decided to go to class and I walked past him.It was probably nothing I thought.