Rejection

The next week was horrible.Apparently one of my friends had asked him if he liked me again and he laughed.He then said that he didn't like nobody.That same day I saw him walk out the school with a girl.He was really close to her and was talking to her.

I couldn't really take it anymore After that I spent all of lunch locked in a bathroom stall,crying over the wasted time.Why did it take so long for him to finally say it?Why did he stare at me,if I really was meaningless to him?I was so meaningless that he even laughed at the question.

I found out later that the girl was just his friend and that he didn't like her.He had already been asked that before and he responded by saying that she wasn't his type.Apparently his type was hispanic girls.I rolled my eyes when I heard this because I was hispanic and he didn't like me.

Every day when I saw him I would hide behind people.It was currently friday and I couldn't wait to get out the school.It was the last day before spring break.

After lunch I was standing with Sara joking around outside of her classroom.Normally I wouldn't stand near her class because he was in there but I hadn't seen him all day.When her teacher opened her classroom door, I was shocked to see him sitting there.

"Look he is here" she said while pointing at him.

She did that right in front of everybody.This week can not get any worse I thought while walking away.Now he knew that I payed attention to whether he was here or not.After that I spent the rest of the day wearing a hoodie and trying to be invisible.He spent the rest of the day looking at me every time he saw me.

                              ****

When 8th period was finally finished I ran up the steps to the fourth floor.Diana was waiting for me,we were going to walk together.When I reached the fourth floor,Diana stood there waiting for me with a smile on her face.

"Guess who just walked by with his friends"?she said.

I sighed and shook my head.We began to walk out the school.When we reached the bus stop,I saw him standing there with his friends talking.He stopped to look at me when we walked by.

We were halfway to my house when I heard some voices behind us.I wondered if it was him.A minute later, a group of people passed by us.It was 3 girls and 1 boy.My blood started boiling when I saw who the boy was.What a suprise.Once again he was with a girl.But not just one,three.He looked back at me and I turned towards Diana.I started mimicking his movements.

"Ok,so he has one hand in his pocket and the other one on his side".I said while doing the exact same thing.

She looked at me and started laughing.I couldn't help but join.As soon as we started laughing he turned around to look at us.This continued until we reached the stores.Every time he turned around,I looked the other way and made sure to not make eye contact.When we reached the stores,the 3 girls went inside and he kept walking.We ended up right near him and I couldn't joke around anymore.

"I told you he walks the same way home as me"I whispered.

"Stop talking" she said being extra loud.

"I'm not even talking"I said while smiling at her.

Out the corner of my eyes,I saw him turn around again.We reached the hill near my house. Diana decided to go in the store at the exact moment he started going down the hill.By the time we finished,he had already reached the end of the hill.Why did he even look at me?He doesn't like me at all so what's the point?

I sighed and went into my house.I spent the whole entire spring  break crying in my bed,wishing I could forget him.