Remembering Brenden

I sighed and walked into the school.It had been a week since I found out.I had only cried once. After that I stopped feeling any emotion.I walked around the school with the same blank expression on my face and didn't smile at all.I spent my lunch period staring at the wall.
My friends said that this time I handled it worse than the last time he'd done something to me.I barely spoke and when I did it was because I had to.I took different ways to my classes so I wouldn't see him.I saw him ocasionally and whenever I did, he tried to talk to me.I completely ignored him and walked the other way.
I looked around the empty hallways.I didn't feel like going to class so I started to walk around the school.Eventually I got tired and went into my classroom.

******

I was going down to lunch when Wendell came up to me and handed me a letter.I immediatly knew who it was from and tried to give it back to him.

"Look,he's been walking around like a lost puppy all week.He doesn't even talk anymore.I haven't seen him fucking smile all week.Just do us all a favor and read the letter".

Why would he be acting that way?He wasn't the one who had his heart broken.I sighed and took the letter.I opened it and saw a whole page full of words.

Lily,

I know you don't want to talk to me but you have to know what really happened.Bianca kissed me.I did not want to kiss her.And being completly honest that kiss was horrible.As for what she said before she kissed me,well that was the stupidest lie I've ever heard.I wondered why you believed it so easily.So,I confronted her and she told me about how she told you that she was my girlfriend.I need you to know that she is NOT my girlfriend.There's no way she'd ever be my girlfriend.
I also want to tell you about how I feel about you.It took me a long time to figure it out but I have feelings for you.I care about you so much.I love it when your eyebrows knit together when you concentrate or when you get confused.That face you make when your trying not to laugh.The way that your eyes shine whenever your laughing.I really do like you Lily.Can you give me a chance to prove it?
-Brenden

I stared at the letter in shock and read it over and over again.For the first time in a week I smiled.
I looked around and realized that the hallway was close to being empty.Everyone had gone in the cafeteria and I was one of the few people left.I went upstairs to the spot where Brenden and I used to meet when we walked together.I looked around and saw Brenden standing there with a hoodie on.When he saw me he stopped what he was doing to stare at me.He had bags around his eyes and looked depressed.My heart ached for him.I ran to him and threw my arms around him.He put his arms around me and held me.

"I care about you too" I said.

He pulled back and looked at me.

"Really"?

"Yes".

His eyes instantly brightned and he smiled.I looked at his lips and he leaned in.Our lips met and I moved in closer.His lips were soft and perfect.If I could I would kiss them all day.All of a sudden images of me and Brenden kissing filled my head.I gasped and pulled away.Images of him pushing me against the wall began to play in my head.I started to remember everything.I remembered the arguements we had and the many times I had forgiven him.I also remebered how he hadn't known how he felt about me.

"Lily are you ok"?

I looked up and looked at him.He was different than the guy I had known before the accident.Could he really have changed?

"I remember you" I said.

His eyes widned and he looked at me waiting for my response.

"How could you know now that you have feelings for me?What changed"?

"I saw the accident happen.I was behind you.I was the one who called 911.When I saw you lying there unconscious I got so scared.I didn't want anything to happen to you and I thought you were dying.I cried and sat there with you until the ambulance came.I realized at that moment that I cared for you".

I couldn't believe it.He did care for me.But I was just so confused,I couldn't be in a relationship right now.

"Thank you for that.I do care for you but can you just give me time to sort my feelings and memories out" I said.

He looked at me with sadness in his eyes and nodded.

I felt that ache in my heart again.I moved closer to him and kissed him.He immediatly kissed me back and wrapped his arms around me.When the kiss started to get intense I pulled away.

"Please don't be sad,I just need a few days that's it".

He nodded again and smiled.I leaned in to whisper in his ear.

"Your my hero".

I pulled away from him and walked back to the cafeteria.