This Is Why You Don't Look Up

Chapter Twenty-two

(Jeff's P.O.V.)
Ben was in the shower and he isn't exactly known for taking short showers. I decided to do a little drawing. I drew a picture of a single black rose lying in front of a tombstone. Liu barely even got a chance to see my beautiful face before I killed him.
I really miss Liu.
I waited a while before I decided to check on Ben. He'd been showering nearly two hours, which was unusual. I knocked on ths bathroom door and waited.

No response.

I knocked again, "Ben this isn't funny, I know you're in there.

No response.

I turned the door knob, but it was locked. I tried to pick the lock and the door slowly crept open. I walked into the bathroom and to the shower and no one was in here.

(Ben's P.O.V.)

I set the shower on scolding hot and hopped in. I hated being in cold water because it reminds me of the day I drowned. I grabbed my shampoo and started washing my hair. The strawberry scented shampoo seems a bit girly, but I like strawberries and it made my hair smell good. I rinsed out the shampoo and I felt as though someone were watching me. I thought of the story my mother told me as a child, the story of the little creatures that peer over your curtains and watch you shower.

My mother told me not to look up when I was in the shower and I've done a good job at not looking up......but right now, I let my curiosity get the better of me, and I looked up. It was awful, the creature had cold black eyes and looked as though it was molding. It let out a low growl and jumped over the curtain, pouncing me. It picked me up and carried me out of the room into a rather dark, very large room. I tried to scream but something was stopping it from coming out. The creature's hand was covering my mouth. I heard a low growl as the creature grew larger and larger.

I felt hands under me grab and pull me down, into the underworld. Is this it? Am I going to hell? I should've never looked up. I blacked out and everything after was a blur.