Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

Amy POV

Bethany, Ny" I say with confusion on my face, as I enter the tent to collect my number. "I haven't seen you guys in ages" I say running up to them with so much excitement and giving them all a hug. " its been 6 day Amy, 6 Days!" Ny says as Lj comes up and puts his arm around her waist. We last saw each other when they all came to my ranch for a bonfire before our rodeo season. It was an awesome night. We all just chilled around the fire sang songs and played truth or dare like teenagers. "Hey baby, you excited to rope tonight" Lj says as he gives her a quick peak on the lips. " Ready as ill ever be babe." She says as she returns the kiss.

"Ewwww" is all I manage to spit out as all four just stare at me just stare at me. I hate seeing people kiss in front of me, especially my best friends. " Oh Amy, just because you haven't found your self a cowboy yet. Don't mean you wont enjoy it when you do" she says with a massive grin on her face. " oh i have a cowboy in mind, but I'm telling you right now he will never notice me." with a sad expression on my face.

I walk up to the person at the desk and say my name. She gives my my number and I walk back to the girls. We walk outside and chill and talk outside of the tent. It makes me feel special hanging out with my friends they make me happy and let me be myself.

As I walk back to my trailer to unload Tucker and fill his feed bag and water bucket, I glance over to see that the bull riding has started. I quickly finish my doing what I was doing and head over to the stands and start to watch. I like the bull riding and maybe I might find someone ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

17 bull riders have gone now and I'm starting to get a bit board. I haven't found one that catches my eye. I was just about to get up to go back to the trailer and check my phone when I hear the name I have waited for being called up next. "Derek Collins , riding Air time." I sit back down in a flash and watch as he makes his way to the chute. He stands on both edges and slips onto the bulls back. He is talking to some of the boys and I recognise one as Jess Power. I went to school with Jess and we were really close until I moved away and had to start at a new school. I just stare at the monsters shoot. Derek puts his hand in the air and nods his head. Jess pulls the gate open and Air time jumps out and starts to buck. 5 seconds have passed only three more to go. The adrenaline inside me was going off. The buzzer goes off and the crowd goes wild. " That ladies and gentlemen was Derek with 89 points which puts Derek in the lead and the winners of tonights round". I jump up in my seat and yell and cheer. That was an awesome ride. He looks around and throws his hat into the air. It lands on the ground and he picks it up and climbs the fence.

I see a young girl go up to him and jump on him. He kisses her and it breaks my heart. I just look away and head back to finish what I was doing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 hours have passed and I am now waiting by the gates to enter the arena. I'm very nervous but I see my friends in the stand watching. Tucker is very excited and is pulling me trying to make me go in now but i just whisper to him " buddy you have to wait for Bethany to finish her round then its our turn". Bethany has a great run and doesn't knock down any barrels. Her horse comes prancing in and sniffs tucker. We laugh and she wishes me luck.

The announcer called us up to the gates to enter, I had butterflies in my tummy. "YAH" I yell and Tucker takes off around the first barrel, it doesn't get knocked over, we went around the second barrel, that wasn't knocked over either! The last barrel was up and me and Tucker went around and my boot hit the barrel. I thought that it was going to fall over and I held my breath but the barrel just swayed and then landed back into it position. I let our a massive sigh of relief and ran back to the gates. " That laddies and gentleman was Amy Johnson and Tucker with a time of 15.43 seconds, which means they are the winner of this round". I hear everyone cheer and scream as I ride Tucker back to the trailer to get ready for the after party at the bonfire.

I put tucker away and put his rug on. I give him some more water and hay. I walk up to the trailer and jump inside and slip on some new jeans I brought,  an aqua shirt and my good Arit boots. I put some makeup on to make me look presentable just in case I see Derek, which I won't but who knows. I grab my phone and walk out of the trailer. I quickly head back inside and check myself over again before heading to the bonfire.

As I was walking to go to to the bonfire I stopped to check on the horses. They were all fine and are all just happily lazing around. I went up to them and gave them all a pat. I made my way there and  meet up with the girls. All we did was walk around talking to everyone while they were congratulating me and going to get drinks. I felt awesome going and talking to everyone. It feels good to be with friends. But I have a feeling someone is watching me. The girls were with the boys and I just hung with them. I like hanging with them, they make me feel like family.

I needed to go to the bathroom so I left them and went to the bathroom. I did my business, but felt like someone was watching me still. I was a bit scared but didn't really think about it. As I was walking out I got stopped by a very firm hand around my wrist.

It was Chase Churchman, The roughest cowboy around. "So I  hear you won tonight, do you want to do a little celebrating". I was really scared and didn't know what to do. "GO away Chase, I don't want to be near you" I yell as I try and get out of his hold. "Thats going to be a bit hard then isn't it" he says with a smirk on his face. I'm now freakish out and there is no one around. "LET GO" I yell as he tightens his grip but all he does is drag me around the back of the bathrooms and pins me against the wall. "We could have done this the easy way, but you have chosen the hard way haven't you" he says as he stares at me with a massive grin on his face. "Let me go" I yell again. I'm petrified and not sure what to do. "not this time sweetheart" as he puts his hand over my mouth.

He then starts to drag me to this trailer. As I squirm to try and get out of his hold I hear someone running up to us. "Hey dude let her go". The male voice says as he runs up to us. I'm starting to feel better, but not until I'm free. "Why should I" Chase says as he tightens his grip on my wrist even more. "Just let her go she dosent deserve this, so let her go". "What are you going to do about it". "Ill do this (WHACK) he punches Chase in the face and grabs me and we run off.

I didn't get a good view of the person until we stopped and he asked if I was alright. I was so terrified but thankful at the same time. As I caught my breath and looked up I saw staring at me with a worried face,  Derek Collins. I just mumbled yeah as I slid down the side of the wall where we stopped, with little tears running down my face. He slid down next to me and we both just sat there is silence. "Thanks" I say with a soft voice as I look up and make eye contact, " No worries Darlin, I'm just glad I could help. Do you need me to take you to the hospital?" I just look at him and shake my head. We sit in more silence. It's very awkward but I'm think it's just because of what happened.

After a few minutes of sitting in silence he breaks it by saying " I'm Derek and you must be Amy". I just look up and smile and think, wow he know's my name I am now very excited! " yeah that's me the only single person here. Everyone else is dancing with there partner" I say sarcastically with a little laugh. " No actually, I'm single to , me and my girlfriend just broke up because I seen her with my Friend Leroy. I've seen them together a few times I just haven't said anything only thinking she was drunk, obviously not". He has a sad look on his face while he was telling me this. " Sorry I didn't mean to dump that on you," he says and he just puts his head down.

I thought I better at least talk a bit more so i just asked " How did you find me exactly?" with a small smile across my face. I was really thankful. He looks up and sees my smile and a little one appears on his face. " After I broke up with my girlfriend I was just walking back to my trailer when I seen him dragging you. You were squirming so I new you were in trouble. So thats how i found you." with a big grin on his face. " Thanks, I really appreciate it" I say as I stand up. " I'm going back for a drink with my mates. They are probably wondering where I have been. Would you like to join us?" I ask "sure" he says with a massive smilie on his face. " I seen you ride today you were awesome." I say as I look down at the ground, to scared to make eye contact. " thanks. I watched the barrel racing and you were perfect. I can't believe that barrel didn't fall over." He says as he looks at me with a smile on his face.

AUTHORS NOTE

Hi guys thanks for reading  my story. I have school so I will try and update as often as I can xx