Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Amy POV

4 weeks later (11th of May)

Derek and I have been living in our new house for a few weeks now and have settled in perfectly. Its awesome living with him. He helps me out all the time and is always happy.   I thought it wouldn't work and that we would always fight, but not once has that happened.

Our friends love our new house and come over for bonfires every weekend. Our family love how we have settled in nicely.  Lulu has grown and is very cute but is very helpful. She loves the horses and usually sleeps with them in their stalls. Derek has started his new job, raising bulls for rodeos and Ive started mine. I really enjoy my job. It makes me feel all grown up even though I'm 25. Ive had lots of customers who have loved my work.

I have had 2 camps come and stay for two nights and have loved it. They stay up in the paddock in their trailers with me as their leader. The girls are really good and its great how they bring their own floats and horses. We have bonfires and I get my barrel racing friends to come and show the girls some things. My boss has dropped 1 mare off that is pregnant and wants me to train the foal, her name is Delighla. She is due in a few days so Im keeping a good eye on her. We have had cameras set in her stall to keep an eye on her at night.

Jaide and Shae arrived and had settled into the loft. Jaide got a job with Derek's job and is now a secretary at our barn. She works in the office in the barn with all the paper work. She helps with organising everything. Ive chosen my bridesmaids and Jaide is going to be my maid of honour and Bethany, Nyoaki and Jorja are going to be my bridesmaids. Shae is going to be my flower girl along with Lou. Derek has decided that Jess would be his best man and Matt, Lj and Tuff will be his grooms man. He wants Jack to be the ring man. I have to choose my dress and veil today, so Jaide is coming with me and so are the other girls. My wedding is in 1 and a half months and we are really excited.

Today we have our wedding appointments like dress fittings, tux fittings cake testing and flowers. A lot of planners have been at our barn planing on what the decorations would be. The wedding reception is going to be held in the barn and the ceremony will be held the top paddock. But thats all I'm revealing now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Im walking up to my ute where Jaide, Nyoaki,Bethany and Jorja are waiting. I jump in and I start it up. " Lets go dress shopping" I yell and the girls scream. I rev the ute down our driveway and into town which takes 1 hour. I turn my cd player on and the disc starts playing. We are in town and jamming to the cd when I park the ute outside the bridal store. Next minute Derek's truck pull up next to our truck and he jumps out followed by the boys. They turn around and see us so we jump out and pretend we didn't see them. We walk into the shop and they just stare at us. We then see them walk across the street and into the tux shop. " Oh so thats what there doing" Jorja chirps as Jaide talks to the lady at the counter.

" Which one is the lovely looking bride" the lady says. I put my hand up and the girls squeal. We walk over to a room and sit down on the couches. A lady comes out and hands us a champagne glass each. We all click glasses and cheer. " To Amy" they shout. The lady at the front desk comes in and closes the door. " Hi ladies I'm Charlotte, I'll be helping you ladies out today. Lets choose a dress for the bridesmaids first." she says as she pulls open a door and a pole with dresses on it comes out. The girls rush over to see the dress. "O.M.G these dresses are to die for" Nyoaki squeals. "Look at this dress, Its lovey." Jaide chirps. They all stop looking and turn to see Jaide holding a coral coloured strapless dress with a flower belt. Its just a casual dress Which is the kind  I wanted. They all look at the dress and scream " Hell yes" at the same time. "i knew this dress was a winner, I have three others out the back" Charlotte says. She walks out the back and comes back out with three dresses. She hands the girls each a dress and they walk into the dressing rooms. Charlotte puts some music on. She puts on "Single Ladies", which is a really weird song to put on at a wedding dress fitting. Anyway Jaide then walks out of her dressing room.