Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Amy POV

I just put my phone down when the announcer says Dereks name. I watch as Jess ( His best mate) pulls the gate open and the bull comes bucking out. Everyone is screaming Dereks name and whistling. He has 2 more seconds on the bull, when the bull bucks one last time. The buzzer goes off and the crowd goes wild. He jumps off the bull and throws his hat into the air. "That was Derek Collins with a score of 90.4. This takes him to the finals!" the announcer yells. I stand up on my seat and cheer. He sees me and blows me a kiss. The girl next to me thought it was for her so she sent one back. I turned around a looked at her with an angry look on my face. " Thats my boyfriend" I say with a angry voice and while staring at her " oh sorry, Last time I checked his Facebook he was single." she says with a smirk on her face. I felt like putting my fist in her face. I have no idea what came over me. " well for your information, He is MINE so back off, if you don't believe me check his Facebook again" I say and turn around and walk down the stands to get tucker ready to ride.

It was my turn to ride, so me and Tucker entered the arena. I blew Derek a kiss, and he blew one back. The girl that i had the fight with looks at him in horror. I just smiled at her and got ready to take off, I yelled " YAH" and tucker took off. The first two barrels were perfect, we went around them just at the right moment, but then came the third barrel. As we went around the barrel, Tucker went around to quickly and to sharp. I started to fall off! As I was falling my foot got stuck in the stirrup. Tucker was dragging me along the ground. The whole stadium stood up and watched in shock and horror as everyone one came rushing to help. I got my foot out of the stirrup and landed on the ground with a big thud, my head hitting first. I didn't want to open my eyes and I was having trouble speaking because of all the tears rushing down my face.

All the paramedics came over to me and and held my head into a stable condition. " Hi Amy, we are holding your head now so try not to move while we put a brace on ur neck ok." one of the paramedics said. All i could see was a crowd of people start to form around me and then all of a sudden it was broken by someone pushing through. " Its ok, I'm her boyfriend" the young voice says. Thats all I remember before closing my eyes.

Dereks POV

I go and sit on the chutes with Jess and the boys and we start talking when they announce the barrels. I see Amy and tucker and she enters the arena. I look over at this girl and she is looking at me with a frustrating face. I then look over at Amy and she's is giving her a smile that says " sucked in" I just chuckle to my self and get back to watching the barrels. Amy sees me and blows me a kiss and I blow one back. She enters the arena and takes off. She does perfect for the first two barrels and then the last barrel was awful. Tucker went around to snap and She falls off and everyone stands up in the stands and everyone runs to go help her. I quickly jump off the chutes and run into the crowd. People were holding me off and pushing me back but I pushed through. " Its ok Im her boyfriend" I say as I push through all the people. They all look at me and quickly let me through. She looked like she was really hurt and I hate seeing her like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amy POV

We arrived at the hospital and they put me into a private room. I didn't wake up till about 3. When I woke up I seen a worried Derek sitting in the chair holding my hand. When he seen me waking up his frown turned into a massive smile and as quickly as I could open my eyes his lips were on mine. " I'm so happy you ok" he says as he gives me another kiss.

We waited doe the doctors and They did heaps of x-rays and tests but I had to wait for results. The doctor came into the room and told Derek and I the results. I had minor concussion and would have a few headaches for a few days but thats all that was worth worrying about. They said I could start barrels again next week. Derek stayed with me the whole time and i was released at 5.00pm.

" Hey are you still on for tonight or do you want some rest" Derek says to me as we hop into his ute. " Tonight sound great, shall we head to the drive ins now?" I say as I look over at him with my big brown eyes " Sounds great" he says with a massive smile on his face.

We drive to the movies and he quickly hops out of the ute and straight to my side of the door. Instead of grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the ute he says " stay here I'm just fixing something in the back of the truck" with a smirk on his face, he closes the door and is working on the back of ages I turn on the radio and listen to some Taylor swift. Finally he opens the door of the truck and pulls me out. As he does i let out a little giggle and his hands cover my eyes. " Derek why are you covering my eyes, this is stupid " I say with a giggle " You will see, just wait" he says while he laughs. We stop moving and he uncovers my eyes. " Omg Derek this is beautiful" i say as I turn around and see Derek staring at me. He snaps out of his trance when I wave my hands in his face and his reply was so cute, " It sure is but its not as beautiful as you". He blushes and looks down at his feet while playing with his fingers.

Im standing here looking at the back of Dereks truck. Its so gorgeous! It has candles all lit around the edges and soft blankets and pillows in the tray! This is going to be a great night.