Chapter 14

Chapter 15

Amy POV

I wake up to a warm body wrapped around my back. I turn around so I don't wake Derek up. As I turn fully over I'm surprised by Derek staring at me. I smilie and stare into his eyes. He leans in and kisses my forehead. I smile even more and give him a peck on the lips. He strokes my hair out of my face and gets up out of the bed. " What time is it" I say as i yawn. " 6, We have a big day and night ahead of us today babe" He says as he he slips his jeans and shirt on. " I have to go and talk with my boss today and finalise everything then I have to go and choose a bull to ride, so I wont be back till around 9, I'll have to get ready to watch you ride at the start and when you are barrel racing" He says as he gives me a kiss and jumps out the trailer door.

I slowly hop out of bed and put on some old jeans and shirt so I can go out and wash Tucker and his tack before I have to ride around the arena to Start the rodeo. I tie my hair up in a messy bun and put on my old boots. I grab my tack box and head out to Tuckers pen. When I get there he is waiting at the gate, watching me as I open it. I close it and then put his halter on and tie him to the railing. I go and get two buckets of water and but soap in one. I carry them into the pen and set them down next to Tucker.

I then grab all his tack and start to wash it. I was all his tack and set it to dry. I grab one sponge and put it in the soapy water and give Tucker a big wash. I scrubbed all the dirt off and his Buckskin coat looked shiny again. I then rinsed him off with the clean water and another sponge. I let him try and I go get him some water to drink and some hay. When I return I see that he is all dry so I get my brushes out of the tack box and start brushing him down.  I finish his body so I put my brushes down and grabbed my mane and tail comb. I brushed his tail and gave it trim. I had to get all the burs out of his tail because he had been rolling around. When I was finished, I grabbed a band from the tack box and braided his tail to make it curly when I take the braid out. I combed his mane and gave it a trim and braided his mane in a  cool way.

As I was finishing I was about to tip the buckets off water away when all of a sudden I'm drenched with cold water. I quickly turn around and se Derek looking up at the sky whistling, " Whoops must have bombed the bucket" He says as he laughs and has a big smirk on his face. I just look at him and he stares at me. I keep staring when I suddenly run and jump onto Derek with my legs wrapped around his waist. I give him a massive squeeze so I wet him with my wet clothes. He looks at me with a shocked face then puts me down. I go to walk out off the pen when I see the other bucket of water sitting on the ground. I slowly walk over to it so Derek wouldn't notice and pick it up. I tiptoe over behind Derek and dump the basket of water on his head. He turns around with a massive smirk on his face and I just look at him thinking, " He should be mad", when all of a sudden I'm picked up and are now laying in the mud made by the water. I just scream and  Derek laughs, He comes to help me get up and the he grabs my hand I yank him down and his is now laying next to me. He stares into my eyes and says " You still look hot with mud all over your face" while wiping mud off my cheek. I just laugh and peck his lips. We both jump up and we head to the shower rooms.

I have a nice warm shower and wash all the mud out off my hair. I get out and dry my hair and head back over to the trailer. As I walk inside Derek is packing his Chaps and rope into his bag and sipping it up. I head over to my bag and grab out my good pair of jeans and my good shirt. I put them on then put on my belt with my last winning buckle. I slip on my nicest boots I brought and my white hat. I put a bit of makeup on and put my hair in a high ponytail. I jump out of the trailer door and see that Derek has caught tucker for me and already tied him to the fence. I go and grab my saddle blanket and put it on. I then get my New saddle and fix it up so it fits him. I put is bridle on and tie my rope around the horn of my saddle. I walk back into the trailer to see Derek dressed in his jeans and a black t-shirt, with his boots and a black hat. I walk over to him and give him big kiss. " I need to go to the arena now, Ill talk to you after I start the rodeo" i say as I give him another kiss. " Im heading to the arena now, but first I need to take care of something" he says as he walks out the door. Before I could say anything thing he was out the door and half way to the arena. I walk outside and untie tucker. I put my foot in the stirup and jump on.

I ride to the arena and go up to the starting gate. Im running around the edge of the arena holding the flag so I go first. The arena is packed and there is music playing. Then the announcer comes out into the middle off the arena. I am passed the flag and I am now holding it up at the entrance inside the arena. " The lady we have with our flag is Amy Johnson. Tonight is Amy's last competitive barrel race for a while as she has been offered a job working for cowgirls and angles barrel racing, The biggest barrel racing company. We wish her all the best and may her new life be wonderful" The announcer says into the microphone. Everyone cheers and people are yelling my name. I run out and me and tucker run around the edge of the arena with the flag while the anthem is playing. I look up at the audience and see Derek, But he is sitting with other people. I look closer and see that Derek is sitting with my mum, dad, cody and his family. They all wave at me and a big smile appears on my face. I make it back to the gate and hand them the flag. I jump off tucker and run straight for the stands.