Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Amy POV

Im sitting on Tuckers back at the bottom of the paddock and see everyone stand up, they all look at me as the girls all ride to the start of the isle. They jump off and start to walk down. Derek brother in laws grab the horses and toe them to the post. I make my way to the start of the isle and jump off tucker.

Im watching the girls walk down the isle and smile as they each make it to their spot. I start to walk down the isle and see all my family and friends smiling at me. It makes me feel so happy

Derek is standing their with the boys and his smile is reaching from one eye to the other. I see a tear roll down his check. . As I reach him and he grabs my hands and we look at the pastor, there is a huge bang and we all look around scared. On the top of the hill is my old boyfriend Liam, holding a riffle. All the guest duck down as he points the gun towards Derek and I. All I can here are all the little kids crying and everyone screaming.

I see him put his finger over the trigger and Derek stands in front of me. We hear a bang, then everything goes black.

I shoot up from my sleeping position and see a worried Derek staring at me. " Babe, you were having a nightmare, I couldn't wake you up. You were screaming and I was really worried" he says with a concerned voice. He grabs me and hold me tight as I just cry in his arms.

We stay like this for a while until I lift my head. He wipes the tears from my face and kisses me. " we will talk about it tomorrow, get some sleep" he says gently as I lay back down. He puts the covers over my body and wraps his arms around my waist. He kisses the side off my neck before snuggling in and drifting off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to the smell of bacon and eggs and see that Derek is not in bed with me. I look at the clock and see that its 10.30am!! I shoot out if bed and rush down stairs. As i reach the bottom of the stairs with a big thud, Derek turns around with a massive grin on his face. "Good morning my beautiful fiancé, did you have a good sleep?". I walk up to him and give him a hug. "why didn't you wake me" I ask as I snuggle into his chest. "because you needed sleep. I have already done all your jobs and Delighla is fine. But maybe tonight we can stay in the barn because I think she is about to pop."I look up and smile.  " I love you so much" I say as I lean up and give him a kiss. He smilies in the kiss and puts his hands on my waist. I go to put my hands around his neck when we hear the doorbell ring.

He sighs as he lets me go and heads to the door. I hear people talking and then 3 figures come around the corner and into the kitchen. " Amy, this is my younger cousin Ella and her partner James I was telling you about that is having the baby boy a few weeks". I smile as I nod and go and shake their hands. "Nice to meet you, and congratulations on the baby" I say to James as he firmly shakes my hand. I shake Ella's hand She smilies and looks really happy. " Hi nice to meet you, I'm Amy. Congratulations on the new arival to come" I say with a big grin on my face. Someday I hope to have a little family of my own. That would just complete my life.

"Hi nice to meet you too." Ella says with a big smilie on her face. " This little one here is going to be the next bull rider in the family". Would you guys like a cup of coffee" I ask as I head to the kettle. " Yes please that would be great" Ella replies as she sits down behind the counter "Yes please" James says as he takes a seat next to Ella and Isaac.

Derek finishes the food and I finish making the coffees. I hand James and Ella their coffees and give Derek his. "Lets go to the lounge room its more comfortable" I say as I head to the hall way and they all follow. Derek takes a seat on the couch and I sit next to him. Ella and James sit on the opposite couch. Ella grabs something out of her bag and hands me an ultrasound photo. In the photo I can see the shape of a perfect little baby. I stare at the picture as I hand it over to Derek to have a look. He takes the picture from my hand and just stares at it. "Oh i cant wait to be a dad " Derek says as he still stares at the picture.

" I guess you guys are wondering why we are hear." Ella says as she holds James hand. Derek and I look up as she speaks and Derek turns his body around so he is facing them.  "Just a visit isn't it" Derek asks. " Yeah, we just wanted to show all the family before we leave". "Leave?" Derek questions. "We are moving over seas in two months to be closer to James parents as I'm not that close to mine" Ella says as she looks up and gives a weak smile to Derek. "Oh" Derek says as he stands up and walks out of the room and up the stairs. "Derek, Im sorry. Its what James and I want. We want to be able to still travel. With the the surprise of a baby that we didn't want we need someone to help us out" Ella says as she starts to get off the couch to follow him up stairs. She has tears rolling down her cheek and james is holding her hand tightly. "I knew this was going to affect him" She says as she falls back into the couch and into James arms.

"Is ok Ella, Ill go talk to him" I suggest as I stand up. She just nods and then cries into James chest. I walk up the stairs and then up the other set of stairs into our bedroom. Derek is sitting on the edge bed with his head in his hands. "She is like a sister to me" he mutters as he looks up and looks at me. I wrap my arms around him and hold him close. "When her parents left her my mum and dad took her in and acted like she was their child. She is my best friend and my younger sister. I cant let her go now, Im not finished looking after her." He says as he looks at me. "She is happy with James and this might be good for her. You can still look after her. She wont leave you she will always with you" I say as I point to his heart. He smiles and gives me a kiss. "This is why I love you" he says as he stands up and grabs my hand.

We walk down both sets of stairs and back into the lounge room. When we walk in Ella looks up. She jumps up from her seat and gives Derek the biggest hug ever. He hugs her back and I smile. "Ill miss you so much" he says as he is still hugging her. "I'll miss you to but this is what I want and mum and dad are happy for me. We will still keep in touch and I came here to give you the photo and to say goodbye". She kisses his cheek and heads back to James. "Well I guess this is goodbye for now" Derek says as he gives her a huge hug. We walk to them to the front door and we say our goodbyes. We watch as they hop into their car. We stand at the door as we watch them drive down our driveway till you cant see their car anymore. We walk inside and Derek looks at the photo Ella gave us. "i cant wait to be a dad, I just cant wait" Derek says as he gives me a passionte kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hey I'm so sorry I haven't been posting, Ive just got back from a horse camp and I wasn't able to write there. It may be awhile till i post again, but please don't stop reading. Vote and comment. It means a lot. Suggest my book to friends. Ill really appreciate it.

xxx Charley