Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

Amy POV

I was inside the trailer getting changed when all the girls came rushing in to help me get ready. They think I don't no how to get dressed sometimes. I got dressed in the clothes I brought yesterday while Bethany did my hair in a tight messy bun and Jorja did my makeup but not to much because I hate it. Me and Ny were the more boyish girls in the group so we didn't really own hair and makeup things. All I own is a hairbrush and some hair ties, aswell as some foundation and mascara, maybe a little lipgloss. As I was finished i slipped on my boots and hat and sat down on my bed. It was 5.50pm and i was starting to get a bit nervous. I don't no why, I just get nervous a lot. All the girls looked at me and said, " If he doesn't think your hot then he is blind". We all crack up in laughter. I just gave them all a smile and we all laugh, and I thank them for helping me get ready when we all hear a knock on the trailer door.

I jump up and looked at the girls with a face that says. " do I look okay". They all scream "you look great". I open the door and in front of me i see a very handsome Derek standing in front of my trailer chuckling to him self holding a bunch of flowers. As I step out all the girls stick their heads out the side of the door and all look at us as i make my way over to him. They all look like they have seen a ghost for the first time. They are just staring at us with a massive smile. As i reach him he just looks at me and says " Wow Amy you look amazing" I just blush and we make our way over to his truck. He opens the door for me and helps me get into the truck because I'm so small. Wow that's just so embarrassing. I can't even help myself into a truck without any help.

"My friends are a bit embarrassing, and weird." I chuckle as he starts the engine. "That's ok, my mates were in the trailer making sure I looked presentable. They think I have no idea how to get dressed and get ready for a date " he says as he looks at me for a second. "I know right the girls think that my legs and arms don't work so they had to get me ready. It took them ages to get me ready when I could have been ready in 10 minutes" I chuckle. Derek laughs and turns the radio on a station with country music. A new song comes on and we both just sit in silence. Not a bad silence but a silence that isn't awkward.

As we reach the destination after a very silent 30 minute drive he stops the truck and gets out and opens my door. "Thankyou" I say with that blush from earlier still on my face. As i step out of the truck my eyes open as wide as the can, what I'm looking at is beautiful . " Wow, this place is amazing. How did you find this place". He had brought me to a massive field with wild horses in the distance. "This is a place me and my mates found when we came camping after we had all won, and I'm very glad you like it". He says as he looks really proud. I was looking around when I saw a picnic blanket and a basket sitting on a hill under a tree with two champagne glasses next to it and pillows around the tree. The tree looked beautiful it had fairy lights in it and it lit up the whole tree. He puts his arm out and I take hold of it. We were walking over to the blanket when I see that the wild horse up closer. We sit down and just admire the view.. He poured me a glass of champagne and we tapped glasses. " To a wonderful night to come" he cheers. I laugh and repeat it. " to a wonderful night to come".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were talking all night about how we got into rodeos. He started rodeos when he was 3. He used to go with his dad. he started bull riding at the age of 10. Me on the other hand, I stared rodeos going to rodeos at a very young age, I went to rodeos with my parents when I was still in mums tummy. I have been going my whole life. I started to compete in high school. We talked about our friends, how I met the girls and how he met all his friends and just about our life. His life is very interesting. I found lots of things interesting.

He opened the basket and pulls out a brown paper bag from the steak house. I laugh as he hands me a plate with my meal on it and he laugh because I'm laughing. "I can't cook so this is the best I could do" he chuckles as he gets his out. "It's lovely. I'm nor the best chef either" I respond. We enjoy our dinner, laugh and talk about up common events.

It was now 11pm and we were still chatting away when i started to feel sleepy. I lay on my side with my right hand resting up against the side of my head listing to what he was saying. I started to close my eyes and the last thing I remember is him in the middle of a convocation and then it just going black. I must have fallen asleep. Im a very heavy sleeper and don't wake up till i want to. My parents learned the hard way when most days I was late for the bus and that meant dad driving me into school every morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up and I was laying down in a comfortable bed, a really comfortable bed. This was not my bed. I shot up to see sleeping on the couch in his trailer Derek. I quietly got out of bed and slipped my boots on and grabbed my hat. I was walking out the door as quietly as I could when I kick my toes on the edge of the bed, " SHIT" I yell as I hold my foot and hop everywhere. I turn around and hear him sitting up on the couch. You should of seen his face it was priceless, it was like he had been waken by a gun shot. " Morning" I say in an embarrassing tone as he turns around and sees me leaving. He jumps up and he only had his jeans and i white singlet on which you could see his abs through. That just makes me speechless.I just stare at him and he laughs. " i.. uhh... I had a great night last night, it was awesome". He just laughs at me and gestures for me to sit down. I sit next to him and he told me what happened last night. " I was in the middle of telling you about my sisters and their family when I look over and you are fast asleep. So i tried waking you up but you wouldn't, so I waited a few more minutes and tried again but you still wouldn't move so I carried you to my truck and brought you back to your tailer but it was locked and I didn't Know where your friends were so i brought you back here".

"Thanks, the girls knew it was you knocking at the door because they just text me saying sorry we didn't let you in last night thought you might be having to much fun with a laughing face." I said while laughing at the end part. " I new someone was in the trailer, I could hear giggling and the curtains were moving but they wouldn't open the door". He says while laughing.

I look at my phone and see the time, I quickly say " SH1T, I have to race in 2 hours I better get going, Thanks for a great night lets do it again sometime". Hey before you go you still haven't given me your number. " I quickly jump back into the trailer and grab his phone. I type my name and number in a take a quick ugly selfie and set it as my profile photo. As he sees what I did he laughs as I run out of the trailer and over to mine to get ready to ride.

" Yeah sure defiantly, I got your number so ill call you" he yells as I run for my trailer. That was an awesome night. I hope do do something again.