Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Amy POV

" Ladies and gentleman, here tonight we have our Trick riding team preforming a new performance" Jim ( The announcer ) Runs to the side and Music starts to play. 12 girls on horses ride our hanging upside down. The crowed cheers and the girls get back up right in unison. The girl at the ground looks like my best friend Jaide I haven't seen in years. As I look closer i is her and I cheer. She looks like she was falling off her horse when all of a sudden her feet touch the ground and she is straight back on. The other girls Follow and they do this in a line. They are galloping around the edge of the arena when she gets her foot from the striup and locks it onto the horn on the saddle. She then just casually leans back and holds her other leg in the spits as she is galloping around the edge of the arena.

They all ride out and we all thought that was it when we saw two grounds man bring poles and jumps out. All of a sudden through the gate Jaide comes out standing on the back of two horses and rides around the arena The crowed cheer and roar as she gets the horses to go faster. She turns around and looks at one of the jumps and turns the horses around. They are galloping to the jumps and the two horse leap over at the same time. She lands and the crowed goes crazy. All the other riders come out and they all do a last lap around the arena while they are hardstanding on there horses with their heads against the saddle. They ride out and thats when the music stops.

" Wow what a performance, We will have a short break and then we will continue with our winners" Jim says.

We are waiting for about 10 mins then Jim says " Ladies and gentleman, here tonight with us sitting right over there on the stands are our winers of today rodeo. We have our ropers, barrel racers broncs and bull riders" We all stand up on the chutes and raise our hats in the air. The crowed roars and leaves a eco in the air. We all sit back down.

" Ill start off with the ropers first, In first place for team roping is Nyoaki Perce and Jorja Fawkner. One of our all girl teams." The girls jump off the chutes and head over to jim and shake his hand and receive their buckles. They hold them up and go stand at the side to get a photo. We hear lots of men wolf whistle and they just giggle to them selves.  " We now have broncs. Our winner tonight for broncs is Jess Harwood." Jess stands up and gives jim a hand shake. He gets his buckle and we her all the girls scream. As jess is he winks and blows a kiss to the closet girl and I swear she nearly faints. I chuckle to my self as he is getting his photo taken.

He goes and stands next to the girls and they all just stand there and face Jim waiting for the next person to be called. " We have our Barrel racing next and tonight our winner is Amy Johnson who had broken an arena record today with the time of 13.04" The crowed cheers as I jump off the chutes and walk over to Jim. He shakes my hand and hands me my buckle. I smile and go over to the photographer and stand and smile as she takes my photo. I then go and stand next to Jess and look over at Jim.

" Tonight we say good bye to a great bull rider and a favourite for us all. Tonight this young man has just won his last rodeo event." He looks over at Derek and he stands up. "Derek Collins, come collect your last buckle" Derek jumps off the chutes and walks over to Jim. He shakes is hand and holds to buckle in his hand. He holds it up and the crowed cheers. His face comes up on the big screen and everyone looks at it. He walks over to get his photo taken and stands there while the lady takes his photo. He walks over and stands next to me he wraps his finger in mine as Jim speaks. " So tonight we are going to farewell two of our favourite competitors tonight, Derek and Amy. Can you guys come out the front please". We walk out the front and everyone cheers. I get handed a bunch of flowers and Derek gets handed a bull riding buckle with his name on it. We wave at the crowed and we lift our hats. Im to busy waving at the crowd to notice something has changed.

Some of the lights turn off and a spot light hits us. I look over and see Derek is kneeling on one knee. I put my hands over my mouth as a tear roles down my cheek. I look up and see that we are on the big screen and under neath the other guys are all standing under it with a banner saying "Will you marry me?". More tears come out as I stare at Derek who is holding a black velvet box. He opens it and it reveals a ring, a diamond ring.

He says to me as he looks me in the eyes " Amy, I love you so much and I want to spend the rest of my life with you, start a family and live a life with you. You make me so happy that words cant explain. Will you do the honours of making me the proudest man alive. Marry Me Amy Mae Johnson." I burst out into tears and nod my head saying yes. I hold out my hand and he he slips the ring on my finger. He stands up and I wipe the tears from my face. He picks me up and I jump into his arms. I wrap my legs around his waist and he kisses me. The whole arena cheers and wolf whistles and our family come out into the arena. I jump off Derek and stand on my tippy toes and give him another kiss. " I love you" I say in between each kiss I give him. " I love you too" He says as he kisses me very passionately. I let him go and give all our family a hug.

They all congratulate us and Derek picks me up and gives me another kiss. " I have been waiting all week to do that" He says as we walk out the gate.