Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Amy POV

With out a thought I hop straight on the back and sit down. I look up at Derek who is still playing with his fingers, " You joining me cowboy" I ask while I have a big smilie on my face. When those words come out my mouth Derek is straight on the back of his ute sitting next to me. He sits right next to me and gives me a peck on the top of my head as he puts his arm around my shoulder

The movie starts at its Red Dog. " I have to warn you, I cry in this movie" I say to derek as he looks down at me and laughs. " don't all girls cry in this movie" he says with a smirk on his face. As the movie is going i start to get cold, Derek notices so he puts a blanket over us bother and cuddles me even more. "I could get used to this" I say while looking up at him and giving his cheek a kiss. " Well I could get used to this to" he says and his soft lips touch mine. There is that tingling feeling again.

The part where John dies come up and I snuggle into Derek's chest. I bust into tear and he rubs my head. He kisses the top of my head which makes me cry even more. When he runs his fingers through my hair I get this feeling that makes us a whole. I smile while tears are still streaming down my face. He wipes them off and kisses my cheek. He keeps running his fingers through my hair.

I start to get tied so I rest my head on his chest. He rubs my head and moves my hair out of my face. He kisses to top of my head and we keep watching the movie. Red dog dies on Johns grave and the tears just stream down my face. He laughs at my reaction but wipes the tears from my cheeks.

The movie ends and by the end I'm in more tears then ever and Derek isn't that far off. The credits stop playing and the screen goes black leaving the whole drive ins pitch black. Derek finds this funny because I can hear him laughing and then all of a sudden he is lifting me up and he has jumped off the back of the ute.

He is running down the drive ins with me hanging over his back yelling and giggling for him to stop. We are getting all the people looking at us. When he finally stops we have reached a large tree with lights in it, Just like our first date. It was so beautiful. He puts me down and stares into my eyes. There is a silence but not a bad silence until it was broken by Derek " Amy I know we have only just started dating but I know you are the girl for me! I've has a few girlfriends in my time and they have all not been as beautiful and great as you." He gets down on one knee and my mouth opens. A tear rolls down my cheek " Its ok its not a proposal, yet, but a promise ring to say that i will always be there for you in all you tough times and that my love for you wont ever stop'' he says while he stairs at me. I burst into tears while I have a massive smilie on my face. I nod my head while crying and Derek puts the ring on my finger. He stands up and I crash my lips against his. " I love you Derek Collins " i say as tears run down my face. " I love you to" he says as he raps his arm around my shoulder while holding my hand. I jump up and put my legs around his waist. I give him a passionate kiss and he returns it.

We get back to the ute and most of the people have left. we jump into the ute and Derek Drives back to his trailer. I turn the radio on a soft volume and sway along to the songs.  " Jorja Took your trailer home so is it ok if you bunk with me" he says while he is driving. " We will have see'' i say with a smirk on my face. He looks at me with one on his and turns the music up. We dance and sing play around. It was so fun. The drive back seems forever so i decide to close my eyes. I was pretending to be asleep and I feel him grab my hand in his. I open my eyes and squeeze his hand and he smiles. I close my eyes again and fall asleep.

Dereks POV

I pulled up to the trailer and turned to look at Amy. She was fast asleep. I went around to her side of the ute and opened the door, and carried her into the trailer. She wrapped her arms around my neck while I played her down on the bed. I took off her boots and hat and sat them down next to her on the floor. As i was walking away to go and lay on the couch I hear a little voice call me. I turn around and Amy says " come give me a cuddle goodnight" in a very cute sleepy voice.

I take my top off and put some boxers on go and lay next to her on the bed and she rests her head on my chest. I slide a strand of loose hair out of her face and put it behind her ear. I give her head a kiss and i go to get up when she pulls me back down. " stay with me" she says and pulls me closer to her. I do as she says and i lay down next to her in bed and let her rest her head on my chest. I pull her closer and she snuggles into my chest. We stay like this for what seems like forever but then I look down at her beautiful face and she is fast asleep. I close my eyes and fall asleep. this is the best night ever!