Chapter 12

<><> Victoria's pov <><>
( Time skip to the day of the talent show.)
Beep, beep, beep. I woke up to my alarm clock going off. I got up and grabbed a towel and went to the shower. I washed myself and got out and dried off. I got dressed, did my make-up and hair nice because today I'm singing in front of everyone at school. I left my room and went to make breakfast. I cooked eggs and pancakes and set the table. A few minutes later the girls came down.
" You ready?" Courtney asked,
" As ready as I'll ever be!" I said.
" So what song are you doing?" Emily asked
" That's a surprise for you guys." I said with a smile.
" Do you think you are going to win?" Courtney asked.
" I don't know. I really don't want to win. I'm just didn't it because Miss. Bay said something about it and it seen fun." I said.
" Will good. We are proud of you." Emily said.
" Thanks." I replied.
" We know how much you are stressed. And we want to know that we love you. Also Mom and Dad would be very proud to said your their child." Courtney said.
That brought tears to my eyes.
" I love you too. You guys are the only thing I have left. And I know that you worry about things but everything will but fine. I'm here if you want to talk about anything. Okay." I said.
" Yeah same here if you want to talk." Emily said.
" Let's eat and go to school." Courtney said.
( Time skip before the talent show starts.)
I'm backstage and Cal walked up.
" So you ready?" He asked.
" Not really. This is my first time in front of people and really sing." I said.
" You'll do great I sure of it." Cal said.
" Thanks." I replied.
" Hey Freezy." I heard and looked to see who it is.
" Hey guys." Cal said happy.
" Oh hey Victoria." Tobi said.
" Hi." I said and put on a fake smile.
" You know each other?" Cal asked.
" Yeah but I got to go to the bathroom be right back." I said and left.
I walked in and grabbed my necklace. I got it back three days ago. I careful put it on and looked at it.
" This is for you guys." I said and walked out.
I went back to the stage and sat down on the floor. Singing in my head.
" Hey Victoria are you okay." I heard and looked up.
" Oh yeah Simon thanks for asking." I said quickly.
" Wait that the necklace?" He asked.
" Um, yeah I just got it back a few days ago." I said.
" I'm still sorry about that be the way." He said sat down next to me.
" Why are you sorry you didn't do anything." I said and looked at him and the eyes.
" Will if I never asked if you wanted to sit by us that would never of happened." He said.
" It's fine." I said.
" Will I'll be going. I'll be in front if you get to nervous just looked at me. And act like no one is there. Okay" He said.
" Sure thing." I said and he left.
The lights went out and Miss Bay started to speak.
" Well hello everyone. We got great acts today. And need I'm introduces the judges. Mr. Lee, Mrs. Powers, and Mr. Adams." Miss Bay said.
The judges walked out and took the seats.
" The opening act it CalFreezy with Poi Led." Miss Bay said and walked off stage. I went and watch Cal. He is good and the music was great for the tricks he did. When he was done Miss Bay walked back on stage and introduces very one. Time went on and she called my name. Here goes nothing. I walked on stage.
" Hello. I want to say that this sing goes to my parents. Sadly that they pass away and I want to let my sisters know that this is for them too." I said.
The crowd cheered. You Should Be Here By Cole Swindell started to play.
" It's perfect outside it's like God let me dial up the weather
Got the whole crew here, I ain't seen some of them in forever.
It's one of those never forget it, better stop and take it in kinda scenes.
Everything's just right yeah except for one thing.
You should be here, standing with your arm around me here.
Cutting up, cracking a cold beer, saying cheers, hey y'all it's sure been a good year.
It's one of those moments, that's got your name written all over it.
And you know that if I had just one wish it'd be that you didn't have to miss this
You should be here.
You'd be taking way too many pictures on your phone.
Showing them off to everybody that you know back home.
And even some you don't yeah
They say now you're in a better place
And I would be too if I could see your face.
You should be here, standing with your arm around me here.
Cutting up, cracking a cold beer, saying cheers, hey y'all it's sure been a good year.
It's one of those moments, that's got your name written all over it.
And you know that if I had just one wish it'd be that you didn't have to miss this.
Aw you should be here.
You'd be loving this, you'd be freaking out, you'd be smiling, yeah
I know you'd be all about what's going on right here right now.
God I wish somehow you could be here.
Oh you should be here.
Yeah this is one of those moments that's got your name written all over it
And you know that if I have just one wish it'd be that you didn't have to miss this.
Aw you should be here.
You should be here. " I finished the song. I looked to see everyone on there feet and clapping. I smile and walked off. About 5 minutes later Miss Bay called everyone to the stage. I walked out with Cal next to me.
" Okay let's see who the judges picked this year. But first I want to say that you all are very talented. And brave to come up here today and show us your talent. But anyway the top three are in. In third place Joy Hannah with an amazing dance performances. Second place is CalFreezy with the poi led. And in first place can I get a drum roll please." Miss Bay said. Everyone started a drum roll.
" Victoria with a beautiful song." Miss Bay said with a big smile.
" What?" I said in disbelief.
"Go on." Cal yelled.
I got up and walked over to the mic.
" Wow I don't know what to say. When I joined the talent show I didn't think I was going to win. I did it because it sound like fun to me. I did it for my parents, their lives got cut short. I wish I had more time with them. And I hope that they are proud not only me but my sisters. Proud of three beautiful women that they could of call their children. There is not a day that goes past and I didn't think of they. So with that thank you guy's for picking me." I said and left the mic. I got to backstage and I felt tears go out my face.
" Well everyone had a nice day." Miss Bay said and I heard everyone started to leave.
" Congrat... hey are you okay?" I heard and looked up to see Cal.
" Yeah, yeah I'm fine." I said and still felt the tears.
" Come here Victoria." Cal said. I walked over and he pulled my into a hug.
" What was that for?" I asked.
" You just looked like you needed a hug." Cal said with a smile.
" Thanks. But you should've win first place. You were great really." I said.
" Well I though I wasn't going to hit the top three so.. But you are a really good singer." Cal said.
" Hey guy's." I looked over to see the whole Sidemen.
" Hey." I said.
" You were great." Simon said.
" Thanks."
" I got you this." Tobi said.
I looked to see flowers.
" Thanks." I said with a smile."
" So are we cool?" Tobi asked.
" Yeah it's fix and right here. But no one is allow to hold it." I said.
" Okay." Harry said.
" Let's go for food." Ethan said.
" But we just had lunch like an hour and a half ago." Vikk said.
I laugh and we all head out. It was nice to get away from everything for once.