Chapter 20 ❤

Chapter 20

You know how it feels when you have a bad dream that never ends? Not only it never ends, it also repeats itself nonstop, showing you the same horror you try to forget? You can't wake up, you can't open your eyes, you can't be sure if it's real or not, you can't do anything but watch. Do you know that feeling?

Well, this is what I feel right now. The moment of Justin being stabbed in the stomach keeps repeating itself in my head non-stop. I don't know for how long it's been repeating itself, but I'm sure it's been a very long time.

Here it comes again;

"YOU WILL NEVER HAVE HER!" Justin shouts. Blood is pouring out of his arm. Sean all of sudden smirks and says, "Never say never" before sticking the knife inside Justin's belly.

I can't help but shrink whenever the last part arrives. Unfortunately, I not only hear those words, but also see it happening. I see all the blood coming out of Justin's tummy and dripping out of his mouth. If I was awake, I'd be puking my guts by now.

Worst part is that I can't even tell if it's a dream or not. I've been stuck in that black space for awhile, I don't know what's actually happened and what I'm only imagining. Hopefully, it's all a dream and I'm about to wake up in Justin's arms in his bed.

"Emily, my sweet, precious baby.." I all of sudden hear a voice mumbling these words in full concern and love. I vaguely feel a hand stroking my head and lips kissing my forehead tenderly. "I miss you so much..." The voice cracks at the end. "Please don't leave me... Not you, too..." The voice slowly becomes louder and clearer, letting me know it's a woman talking.

I try to mumble something but nothing but a slow sigh comes out of me. "Emily?" I hear the woman crying. That woman.. Her voice.. Sounds so familiar.. "Emily, honey, can you hear me??" My mom! That's my mom! But why is she scared to lose me?? Did something happen??

I struggle to move myself to let her know I'm okay but it's like all of my bones are gone and I'm a jello. I feel a hand gripping mine, squeezing it gently. I manage to move my fingers a bit - just enough for my mom to breathe out in relief.

"Oh my god, Nurse! She's waking up!" Cold wind hits my face as the door swings open and footsteps rush in. This time I succeed to move my head, slowly and gently opening my eyes. It feels like I haven't seen the sunlight for a week or so.

Struggling to open my eyelids, I lift my arm up a little and stroke my mom's cheek gently. I blink hard until I finally manage to open my brown eyes and see my mom and a nurse staring at me with smiles in a blur. "Hi.." I mumble huskily and cough. The nurse rushes to hand me a glass of water and sets it on the table when I'm done taking a few sips.

"Where's everyone?" I murmur, want to know where they are. "With Justin." My mom answers as the nurse exits the room. "Why?" I ask. "Don't you remember?" She looks at me shocked. I return a dumbfounded look. "How many days was I out? Why am I even here? Why don't I feel anything moving in my tummy?? Mom, what happened?!" I cry out, rapidly start to freak out. Did I abort them? Did they die? What happened to my babies?!

"Relax, the babies are alright and you've been out for nearly four days." She answers me calmly. "But why am I in the hospital? And where is Justin? Why isn't he here??" She takes a moment to think and about to answer when the door opens wide and Chaz walks in together with Erin.

Erin?

"Ohmygod, Emily!" She screams and hurries up to hug me whilst crying a river. "I'm so glad you're alright!" She exclaims in my ear and hugs me tighter. She lets go of me and looks at me confusingly once she sees my lost face. "What?" She mumbles. "Can someone please tell me what happened??" They all share shocked and cautious stares before Erin grabs my hands and sits down next to me.