Chapter 21 ♥

*IMPORTANT REQUEST*

Whoever knows how to make a trailer, please write me on messages.

Chapter 21

Opening my eyes, I sigh tiredly and sit up slowly. I gaze to my side to see it empty, feeling a pang of pain in the heart and tears forming in my eyes. I quickly shake my head to the sides before looking over at the clock just to find it's 8am in the morning. I roll my eyes in annoyance and get up, grabbing my robe and wrapping it around my body.

Walking downstairs towards the kitchen, I quickly put four slices of bread in the toaster and lay four bacons on the pan before making some coffee. I hurriedly make everything ready and rush upstairs.

"Good morning, beautiful creatures." I say to my two beautiful daughters as I walk into the room. I spot both of them in their own beds, slowly waking up from their peaceful sleep. I can't help but grin.

"Did you guys sleep well?" They mumble "mmm" as they turn to face me with a smile, letting me know they did. I go over to the curtains to draw them open. "Breakfast is almost ready." I let them know on my way out and go back into the kitchen.

20 minutes pass before two happy girls march into the kitchen with smiles on their faces.

"Are you guys hungry?" They nod together as they sit down next to the table. I hand them their plates with the eggs and bacon and give them both a glass full of orange juice before I take my coffee and start sipping carefully the hot drink when the door swings open and Erin walks in.

"Morning!" She announces happily and comes up to us. "Aunt Erin!" The girls shout happily together and rush to hug Erin's legs. She giggles sweetly and bends down to give each a hug. "Morning, magical mermaids." Erin says with a smile. "How was your sleep under the water?"

"Hard. I couldn't breathe!" One says, making Erin giggle. "Girls, stop talking to Aunt Erin and come finish your breakfast." They both groan. "Aw, don't worry, I'll be here most of the day. Now go and eat if you wanna grow up and be as tall as your mommy." The girls cheer up and run back to their seats, continuing to eat whatever is left in their plates.

"Morning, sis." Erin welcomes me as she approaches me and hugs me tightly. That hug feels so good.

"Morning." I mumble through my lips and sigh. "How you doing?" I just shrug and take another sip from my coffee as I stare at my girls eating.

"It's been five years." She announces quietly. I sigh sadly once more and nod. "I'll always be here." Erin assures me and wraps herself around me for another comforting hug. I smile weakly at her and head over to the sink to put my cup in it. I'm just about to open my mouth, telling the girls to hurry up so they won't be late when arms engulf around my tummy from behind. "Morning, beautiful."

It's only when my daughters shout that word that I believe he's actually here.

"Daddy!!" They both shout together in surprise and run up to Justin to hug him as tight as they can. He lets go of me and picks both of them up with his muscled arms. "How are my beautiful princesses?" Erin clears her throat hesitantly before speaking. "Mermaids. They're mermaids." She says, rather surprised.

I still face the sink, unable to twirl around to face my beloved husband. "Mermaids? Really? Well, then, I better let you go back to the water before you die!" Justin says dramatically.

I listen carefully to my daughters' laughter as they both get twirled around by Justin.

"I see you just ate, so I guess spinning around might have been a bad idea." Justin worries. "Why don't you go upstairs and relax a bit so you won't puke or something?" He suggests. I can see in my head how they both smile big at him and nod. I listen quietly to my daughters' footsteps getting further and further with my back still facing the stairs.