Chapter Sixteen

I stumbled a little as Molly pulled me towards the parking lot that held cars for people who were working. I cringed as she let go of me and helped me lean against a car, Luke was two cars over trying to break into one. Molly looked at me, guilt washed into her eyes. I looked away from her and down on the gash in my leg, my black skinny jeans were washed with blood on my left thigh, they were ripped and stained, my jacket was disgusting, and my weight V-neck was covered in blood,dirty, and sweat.

My hand went down to cover the gash to try and ease the pain, I put my hand over it and winced.

"Don't do that, you'll make it worse" she said swatting my hand away, I flinched at the sudden movement. She rolled her eyes and went down to eye level to see how bad my thigh was.

"Nothing can be worse than this" I said not talking about the gash. She looked up at me, with sorrow in her eyes.

"This isn't your fault Leah, you did everything you could" she said trying to make me feel like my brothers not be captured by the socialist wasn't my fault.

"And it wasn't enough" I said turning away from her, a tear rolled down my cheek, but I quickly ripped it away with my gross sleeve.

"Got it" we heard Luke murmur, Molly quickly through my arm around her shoulder, and helped me walk to the car. The car wasn't anything fancy, just an old jeep. I quickly go in wincing as my sore thigh touched the leather seat.

"Now where are we going" Luke asked quietly looking at me for answers.

"Somewhere, anywhere but here" I said looking out the window. Luke nodded before driving off to a hotel.

I sighed as I looked out the window, the window was open sending my messy hair into a spin. I rested my head on the door, closing my eyes, just trying to forget. I felt someone crab my hand, I looked back to see Luke holding my hand with one hand as the other drove. His eyes drifted from the road, to me, he smiled at me, I just turned back to the open window.

¨We're here¨ Luke said pulling up to an old hotel. The sign said ¨Welcome to Woodbury Hotel¨ I cringed as flashbacks came of ¨Hotal Megan¨. I shook my head, and made my way into the hotel. The hotel was a crusty brown, with brown leather couch up against the far right wall, a black counter was in the far left.

I sighed as I walked over there, I leaned up against the counter, as Luke got us a room. We walked out of the hotel, and into our room. It wasn't fancy, It had two beds, a couch, a small TV, and everything was a cream color or dark gross brown.

"Alright, I call first shower" Luke said dumping the duffle bag on the leather gross couch, and headed towards the shower.

After everyone and a shower, and had eaten (thank you takeout, note to self don't get the vegan salad) Molly and Luke were sitting on the bed watching the news well I towel dried my hair.

"Reporting live, three young teenagers were seen running away from the Megan Hotal, who was set on fire, and destroyed. If you see these three young teenagers" they showed a close up of Molly, me, and Luke "call 911, they are very dangerous". Luke sighed and turned off the TV with the remote.

"Great now were wanted fugitives" I said throwing my towel into the bathroom. Molly fell back on the bed, and rubbed her eyes.

"We need to get to your dad, like now" Molly said looking towards me.

"We don't know where he is, even if we did, what would we tell him, hi I'm your long lost daughter, wanna help get your two sons back from the group you stole from seventeen years ago" Luke said rolling his eyes.

I sighed, as I leaned up against the small dresser, I looked up as a thought popped into my head.

"Molly wouldn't Megan know where my dad was" I asked her. Molly sat up, curiosity filling her eyes.

"Yes, she would, why" Molly asked. I stood up straight, trying to figure out the whole plan.

"You spent time with Alex, couldn't you hack into Megan's security files and found of ware he is" I asked her, please say yes, I kept saying in my head.

"Look even if we had a computar, Alex didn't teach me everything, and Megan's files would be on high locked down" she said shaking her head.

"We can get you a laptop, but couldn't you at least try" I asked. Luke sat up and went to the large duffle bag that sat on the leather couch.

"A laptop is no problem, I may have taken it from Megan" Luke said, hanging a black laptop over to Molly.

"You stole Megan's laptop" I asked, bewildered.

"I did not steal it, I borrowed it" he said in defence, I rolled my eyes, and looked over to Molly.

Molly rolled her eyes at me "fine, I'll try" she said, I smiled at her.

Three hours later, of coffee, and chips Molly yelped in victory.

"Guys, I got in" she said, me and Luke rushed over to the bed, looking over at the laptop. Molly did her magic, and got us into her files.

"It looks like your dad, is in Colorado" she said looking at the laptop, most of the things on it made no sense to me, but it did to Molly, which I was thankful for.

"Does it say anything about a name" I asked her, I did no longer want to call him "dad" since he never was.

"Um, yes. Its Mike, Mike Color" she said looking towards me, I nodded at her.

"Thank you Molly" I said sincerely.

"I told you we'd get them back" she said trying to make me feel better, and it did. For once I didn't feel hopeless, we could get to Mike, it was going to be a long drive though, but it would be worth it.

"Let's get some sleep, tomorrow we leave" I said standing up, and shutting off the lights. Tom, Ben I'm coming for you, just hang on.

///

Hey guys! New update! Wahoo, ok so super excited only a couple more chapters till the end of this book, and then on to the last one. Until the next time, BYE!