Chapter Nineteen

Driving. Something I've had to get used to, not that I wanted to anyways, but it has become a habit of my to drive like a crazy person. Witch in this case is helpful.

"Lose them Leah" Luke yelled from the back seat. Currently two cop cars were chasing us in Colorado, currently 25 miles away from ware Mike lived. Witch I found out was in the middle of the woods.

"What do you think I'm doing" I said with sass well swerving around a car well running a red light. Sure to cause some traffic.

"Well aren't you losing them" he said well staring out the back window. Soon shots could be heard. Luke turned back to us staring at us with wide eyes.

"There shooting at us" Luke said well silently sitting well staring at the rode in front of us.

"No I thought they were popping balloons in their car like a clown" I said sarcasm dripping from my words, "of course there shooting at us!" I yelled at him. Well swerving around two cars going into a different lane.

"There" Molly told me, pointing to an alleyway to the side of a cafe that was slim. I hurried and turned to the right, going up on the curb and driving down a bit, I parked the car. Soon I heard sirens going off and more than two cop cars driving past us. I swore under my breath, most of followed us.

I slowly pushed on the gas pedal only for the car to screech against the side of the two buildings. Everyone in the car turned words me.

"Were stuck" I exclaimed.

"No, really" Luke said with an eye roll falling back on the seat.

*************************************************************************************

Luke, Molly and I hurried and walked into a rusty, old Inn. As we walked in, I soon relied that it was a bar to. Every noise stopped and people looked at us like we had three heads. We made our way over to the bar I had to go on my tiptoes to see the bartender.

"Can I talk to the guy who can get us a room, please" I asked.

"You're talking to "the guy who can get you a room" the man said, he wore a white buttoned up shirt that was unbuttoned at the top with an apron, he had shaggy long hair, blue eyes and a strong jaw.

"Then, can you get me a room" I said dragging out the "then". I silently prayed he would give us a room.

"No" he said well wiping down the bar.

"Please sir, we've had a really right night, we'll pay" I pleaded with him.

He didn't look up from the bar he was wiping down "how rough" he asked us with a raised eyebrow. Like 'getting chases down by cops and getting stuck in a hallway in your car, then climbing out the back window' kind of rough.

"Our car broke down and our phones died" I told him.

He looked up at us and sighed, "Fine, its forty bucks per night" he told us.

"Fourth bucks" Luke exclaimed.

"Take it or leave it" the bartender said.

"We'll take it" I told him.

I opened our room and started at it, to say it was gross was an understatement. It only had one bed that had gross brown sheets that was covered in dirt; there was a leather couch that probably held thousands of germs and a small coffee table that held the small TV.

"I miss New York" Molly told me.

"Me to" I told her going in and dropping our duffle bag on the floor by the couch.