Chapter 1 (REVISED!)

A loud storm roared overhead, and Dovepelt and Heatherfur huddled up together, with Wetnose, the medicine cat, as well. Wetnose growled. "Stupid storm," she spat. "My leader promised me she would take me to the land of the sparkling waters!"

The land of the sparkling waters was a serene place with plenty of herbs and a beautiful shrine where prey roamed. Wetnose wished she lived there the rest of her life.

Her leader knew of that place since she was a kit. She did not have to live under the guardianship of her parents anymore. After all, she became leader just twelve short moons ago. She had already lost six lives for a reason she wouldn't ever share.

"Really? It had to rain?" Dovepelt growled. She looked at her swollen belly and groaned. Pain lit up like fire in her belly as soon as she turned around. She whimpered at the pain softly. Apparently, she felt something like a sad/pain crossing at the moment.

Wetnose was in with the queens because she couldn't stay in her den. Also she couldn't even go to her den. It was too stormy for even her to handle. At least she brought herbs for a reason. She laid them beside the queens. and started sorting a few berries and leaf pieces on a big leaf.

"Dovepelt," Wetnose meowed. "Tonight your kits are coming and you need herbs to ease pain." Wetnose pushed a few berries and leaves toward Dovepelt. Dovepelt moved the herbs into her mouth with her paw helping to guide them, and she swallowed them hard. She didn't want pain when she was having kits. But unfortunately, there was going to be pain.

Dovepelt felt a horrible pain twist at her belly. "Oww!" She yowled.

Heatherfur stood beside her. "Dovepelt? Are you all right? It'll be fine..."

Dovepelt wanted to wail to the sky in her own fear. But she kept her mouth closed and only whimpered.

Wetnose gasped. "Stand back!" She yowled to Heatherfur.

Dovepelt gasped as she felt the strong spasms ripple through her quickly. She hissed and yowled as she struggled to push with all her might.

Wetnose looked at her. "You're doing great. The first one is coming."

Heatherfur sighed in the background. I wish I knew what it were like to have kits, she thought. Then Dovepelt would know, and be prepared. I guess now I know... Oh StarClan...

She was so lost in her thoughts. When she looked back, Dovepelt was panting and struggling with the last kit.

"Is she all right?" Heatherfur mewed softly.

"She is, she's just using all her strength at once, which is not good."

Heatherfur gasped in fear as she saw the last kit come, then she saw Dovepelt collapse and wheeze and gasp with all the breath she had left.

Dovepelt looked at her kits and groomed them as they squealed and mewled. "Dovepelt!" Heatherfur gasped.

"Look at my three little kitties." Dovepelt could only manage to say.

She then looked at them. "This she-kit I will name Ivykit... and the tom Sedgekit..."

She looked outside. The storm had stopped and a pure bit of mist surrounded the camp.

She looked at her gray and white she-kit. "Mistkit..." She murmured, grooming her fur.

Later, since the birth of three healthy kits, Redfur, the father, entered the den faster than a mouse dashing under a tree. He stood beside Dovepelt.

"What's going on? Is everything okay?" Redfur asked. Dovepelt replied happily but tired, "You have two beautiful daughters and a son!"

"What did you name them?" Redfur asked. Dovepelt closed her eyes for a few heartbeats, and replied as she opened them, "This white she-kit is Ivykit, the tom with the amber ears is Sedgekit, and this gray and white she-kit is Mistkit."

"Sounds wonderful." Redfur purred. They touched noses and purred loudly.

***

It was 5 moons since their birth, and three kits were cuddled up by their mother, sleeping peacefully.

Mistkit opened her eyes. She saw her mother, Dovepelt, calming her two other kits, which were her brother, Sedgekit, and her sister, Ivykit. She could hear them mewling as the thunder boomed outside.

"Why is it raining? It's Newleaf." Mistkit hissed quietly. She and her sister and brother were going to be six moons old that day, and Mistkit didn't know it. Mistkit looked at a den with 4 apprentices in it. The apprentices' den. I'm sure that Hopestar will make us apprentices soon, Mistkit thought.

The next day, she woke up feeling odd. She thought something was missing. So did her sister and brother. She yawned, showing her small pink tongue.

"Sedgekit! Ivykit!" Mistkit called quietly.

"What is it?" Sedgekit whispered excitedly for no reason, apparently.

"Yeah?" Ivykit whispered. Mistkit couldn't remember what to say. Her thoughts were still small. She finally remembered and mewed, "Do you think you're forgetting anything?"

Ivykit and Sedgekit looked at each other. They stared at Mistkit with wide, questioning eyes.

Just then, Mistkit heard her leader climb onto a rock called the Highrock. Their leader's name was Hopestar. She was a beautiful golden she-cat.

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey come join beneath the Highrock for a Clan meeting." Hopestar called. Just then Mistkit remembered what to do and she remembered why she was to be up there now. "We should go up there too. We're 6 moons old now." Mistkit meowed. "Oh, yes... I remember now!" Ivykit squeaked. The three kits went to the Highrock and climbed up onto it.

"Today, Mistkit, Ivykit, and Sedgekit have turned 6 moons old. They are ready to become apprentices." Hopestar meowed.

"Ivykit, until you have recieved your warrior name, you will be known as Ivypaw." "Ivypaw! Ivypaw!" The clan cheered. "Sedgekit, until you have recieved your warrior name, you will be known as Sedgepaw." "Sedgepaw! Sedgepaw!" The clan cheered. "And Mistkit, until you have recieved your warrior name, you will be known as Mistpaw." "Mistpaw! Mistpaw!" The clan cheered loudly.

Why are they cheering so loudly? Mistpaw wondered. Maybe one day, I will become leader... And I will assign these parts and be leader. Oh boy, being leader sounds fun!

Hopestar announced the names of the mentors. "Ivypaw, your mentor will be Frostwing." "I'll try my best to train pretty Ivypaw." Frostwing meowed exitedly. "Stop! You're too much..." Ivypaw felt nervous and embarrassed at the same time all of a sudden.

"Sedgepaw, your mentor will be Honeyheart." "Thank you, I will do my best to train young Sedgepaw." Honeyheart meowed. Sedgepaw was unhappy and he sighed softly. Honeyheart was the bossiest cat around MistClan!

"And Mistpaw, your mentor will be..." Who's going to be my mentor? the suspense is killing me! Mistpaw thought.

"Whitefur!" Hopestar called.

"Wow, really?" Whitefur meowed. Mistpaw was Whitefur's first apprentice. Wow, that cat... I'm his first apprentice... Wow...

The three new apprentices had a tour with their mentors and then began their training to become warriors the very next day.