Chapter 11

"Sandwing! No!" Mistfur cried as Sandwing and the dogs fell off the cliff. The dogs fell off, but Sandwing hung on to the edge.

"Mistfur! I can't. I just can't hang on anymore! I... I can't live anymore..." Sandwing sighed. "W-w-what?" Mistfur asked, with clouded eyes.

"Mistfur, I'm sorry! I really can't live for MistClan's sake. I'm sorry, Mistfur. I am not worthy of living anymore." Sandwing meowed, deep pain in her eyes. Sandwing let a tear drip onto Mistfur, and Mistfur let a tear drip onto Sandwing, in emotional pain to see her die.

"This.. is.. goodbye!" Sandwing cried. Then she lifted herself up to lick Mistfur gently for the final time. Then she let go of the edge and she fell down the cliff. She was in the paws of StarClan now.

"Rest in peace, Sandwing..." Mistfur meowed sadly as she grieved for Sandwing in peace.

***

"Everyone! Sandwing! Sandwing is dead! She saved us all from the dogs! I tried to rescue her, but she decided to rest in peace and she fell down the cliff." Mistfur explained.

"What?! This is terrible!" Icewhisker cried. Hopestar joined in. "Sandwing... She's dead! Oh no! I know the next deputy shall be chosen immediately."

Just then Red popped in. "We surrender to your clans. From now on I'll be a good cat. I promise." He purred. "You sure?" Mistfur hissed? "Yes. FireClan surrenders. They would like to join your clan as loyal warriors, and please let me back in, Hopestar!" Red meowed in a begging tone.

"Excuse me, Red? We said we want to be in a new clan called HazeClan, but you can go back if you want." Ice meowed. "I actually want to head back to BreezeClan..." Poppynose decided. "YOU DO?!" All the FireClan cats gasped. Even Brookfur gasped that. "Yeah... I'm uncomfortable in FireClan... and yet HazeClan... Not my thing." Poppynose hissed.

"It'd be great to have you back, Poppynose!" Morningheart gasped with delight.

"Only if you promise to be nice. And then I will let you back in as Redheart." Hopestar hissed. "I promise." Red meowed. "Very well. You shall be known as Redheart." Hopestar meowed out loud. "Redheart! Redheart!" The clans cheered. It seems they heard Red's arrival.

"Mistfur. My clanmate." Bluetail meowed.

"Yeah..? Wait... You're coming back?" "Yes. Now that my dad is back and no longer evil, Raintail and I are returning to MistClan. SunClan has actually scared the fur off me sometimes..." "Okay, Bluetail." Mistfur purred. "It's good to have Raintail and you back." "It is, Mistfur..." Bluetail replied.

Then something was coming out of the ground. A cat who looked buried under there for longer than six moons sprung up, her dirt colored blue-gray fur showing off. "I'm back... Bluetail? Raintail? Brookfur? Redheart? It's so good to see you!" "Who are you?" Mistfur asked. "My name is Windflight," the cat meowed.

"M-mother? I haven't seen you in..." Raintail meowed. Then she passed out. "Raintail, Bluetail, Brookfur, Redheart... It's great to see you all after SUCH a long time." Windflight purred.

Windflight... has returned? Hopestar thought.

Just then Hopestar arranged a clan meeting. "Okay. Three announcements. One, Windflight has come alive somehow. Two, The new deputy. The new deputy shall be Mistfur." "ME?!" Mistfur gasped. "Three, Red is coming back as Redheart." Just then words broke out through the crowd.

"Windflight is... alive?" Cedarheart asked.

"Hopefully Red doesn't do anything bad. Otherwise I'll rip his fur off!" Poppydawn hissed.

"Mistfur is deputy! Wow!" Adderheart meowed.

"You idiot! Do you want to be too much of a pain?" Blacktooth hissed.

"Shh." Graynose hushed Blacktooth.

"Blacktooth's got a point. What if Poppydawn is too much of a pain? And wow, Mistfur is deputy!" Jaggedflight meowed. "Yes. I am sure of that. I'm sure we'll be great friends if we become leaders, Mistfur." Inknose purred. "Yeah, Inknose. You after all, are very loyal to GrassClan." Mistfur meowed.

"Hush. The new deputy commands everyone to hush so Hopestar can continue." She continued. Just then Hopestar hissed,

"That's all for now. I need a patrol to lead SunClan, BreezeClan, and GrassClan to new areas to live. Mistfur, Bluetail, Dovewing, lead them. Off you go. The rest of you look after the elders and queens."

"Goodbye, everyone." Adderstar, Brownstar, and Petalstar meowed.