Chapter 3 (REVISED!)

It was already the time of icemoon.

Mistpaw was asleep when... "Mistpaw! We have to get to the Gathering." Whitefur whispered. Mistpaw yawned and sighed, "All right, let's go."

"Come." Whitefur nudged Mistpaw again and left. Mistpaw sighed. Why do they make these things anyway? Mistpaw thought in confusion.

The cats arrived at the Gathering. They talked for a bit. Mistpaw could hear some conversations:

"I can't believe he would do this to me. This is the third time!"

"No course can set your mind free."

"I caught a huge squirrel yesterday!"

Then the other leaders arrived.

Adderstar, the SunClan leader, meowed, "Finally, they've arrived, now the Gathering may begin."

"I guess I will start now. MistClan brings wonderful news. We have six new kits born to Heatherfur and Tigerheart." Hopestar meowed.

"Congrats!" purred Leafflight happily, sounding more jumpier than ever.

"There are 4 toms and 2 she-cats. They are named Goldenkit, Cinderkit, Scorchkit, Dawnkit, Pinekit, and Jaykit!" Hopestar continued.

The cats were happily murmuring until Hopestar announced who named the kits.

Mistpaw sighed. Within many moments, the Gathering was finally over. She sighed as Whitefur came to get her. "Anything wrong?"

She twitched a bit. "No, just tired. At least the Gathering's over now."

"You'll get used to it, especially if you become leader or deputy."

Mistpaw sighed happily. I hope I do, she thought. After they entered MistClan's camp Whitefur murmured, "Good night... Apprentice." He yawned and left.

Mistpaw nodded briefly before padding back into the apprentices' den, her nest waiting patiently for her to lie in it.

She did, and she slowly closed her eyes as she was dozing into a very peaceful sleep...

***

5 moons and 3 quarters of a moon have passed. Mistpaw was still in training, she needed more.

The cats were all asleep. The next morning, Mistpaw woke up to a snoring tone. She groaned and thought, Not again...

The snoring came from Oneleaf, all the way in the elders' den. It was closest to the apprentices' den and the nursery.

The warriors' den, the leader's den, and they even had a deputy's den... Were far away.

"Ugh... When is this training over..." mumbled Mistpaw. "I wake up to snoring every day..." she whispered.

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey come join beneath the Highrock for a clan meeting." Hopestar mewed. After all the cats arrived, Hopestar continued:

"Goldenkit, Cinderkit, Scorchkit, Dawnkit, Pinekit, and Jaykit have turned 6 moons today. And now until they have earned their warrior names, they will be Goldenpaw, Cinderpaw, Scorchpaw, Dawnpaw, Pinepaw, and Jaypaw!"

Excited yowls erupted from the clan cats.

"My sons and daughters are apprentices," Heatherfur meowed.

"No more meowling! I have one more announcement. Three of our apprentices are becoming warriors today, which will be Mothpaw, Icepaw, and Sedgepaw. Crowpool, Graynose, and Honeyheart have agreed with me that you should become warriors. Step on up, you three." Hopestar meowed proudly.

"Mothpaw, Icepaw, and Sedgepaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your clan, even at the cost of your lives?" Hopestar meowed with delight. Mothpaw and Icepaw were Hopestar's daughters. "I do," Mothpaw meowed. "I do." Icepaw mewed. "I do." Sedgepaw promised.

"Then by the powers of StarClan I give you your warrior names. Mothpaw, from this moment you will be known as Mothnose. StarClan honors your courage and your determination, and we welcome you as a full warrior of MistClan." She then turned to Icepaw and meowed: "Icepaw, from this moment you will be known as Icewing. StarClan honors your bravery and your agility, and we welcome you as a full warrior of MistClan." She finally turned to Sedgepaw and meowed clearly, "Sedgepaw, from this moment you will be known as Sedgewhisker. StarClan honors your strength and your enthusiasm, and we welcome you as a full warrior of MistClan."

"Mothnose! Icewing! Sedgewhisker! Mothnose! Icewing! Sedgewhisker!" The clan cheered.

"I need to decide mentors for the six new apprentices now," Hopestar meowed. "Goldenpaw's mentor will be... Adderheart, Cinderpaw's mentor will be Redfur, Scorchpaw's mentor will be Raventail, Dawnpaw's mentor will be Jaggedflight, Pinepaw's mentor will be Applenose, and Jaypaw's mentor will be Poppydawn."

"Yes!" The six mentors meowed all at the same time.

I hope they become strong warriors of MistClan! I was practically named after this clan! Mistpaw thought gleefully.

"You are dismissed now." Hopestar meowed, clear enough for everyone. "Enjoy your day."