Chapter 34

"Mistfur?" Dovepelt asked with worry. Mistfur said nothing. She stayed there, grieving softly. "If Adderstar died, it'd be serious..." Dovepelt continued.  

"Why do you care about Adderstar do much? And it's Whitefur I will cry for." Mistfur nudged a paw toward her eyes.  

"I was with her ever since I was a kit. I defended my brothers and sister like no other," Dovepelt explained softly. "I had no choice but to defend my mother and my brothers and sister. Oneleaf was my father, and a cat named Opaltide was my mother. The cats battled in a battle with SunClan. I was Dovekit back then. My brothers were named Tidekit and Leafkit, after my parents, and my sister was named Adderkit. I defended my siblings and mother like no other. I even managed to kill a SunClan apprentice. No joke." Dovepelt continued.  

"Adderkit? It sounds familiar." Mistfur meowed strangely.  

"Yes, I will admit it. I will. But Mistfur... Adderstar was my sister. Continuing the story. I was fighting through the painful and starving moments that leaf-bare. I defended my brothers and my mother, because a SunClan warrior was after them. I was sadly badly injured while I defended, but however... The warrior got in..."

Dovepelt's voice broke. "And... He... Killed my mother and brothers... And he took Adderkit away. I heard her crying and I thought to save her, but I was badly injured, so I could not turn back. Adderkit was gone... And I never saw her until she became clan leader... And the worst part... She didn't even recognize me!" Dovepelt meowed in grief and sorrow.  

"Dovepelt! As a kit you couldn't fight! But you were brave, and I'm sorry about your siblings and your mother." Mistfur replied sadly.

"Oh, I guess you are right... There is no need to be sad." Dovepelt replied. "So, see you later!" Mistfur waved a paw. Dovepelt waved back. Mistfur padded out of the Warrior's den.

Suddenly, Mistfur felt a small ripple pass through her body, she gasped and she fell with a thud.

"Mistfur?" Jaynose asked.

"I'm fine... just get these kits outta me."

"Oh man..." Jaynose gasped. He carried Mistfur off to the nursery.

Mistfur's vision blurred, and she woke up, seeing Jaynose and Frostfire beside her.

"Are you okay, mother?" Frostfire asked.

"Mrrh. Yes. Just fine." Mistfur answered.

"Mistfur! I have to tell you something extremely important!" Jaynose exclaimed.

"What is it?" Mistfur asked.

"I love you, Mistfur!" Jaynose mewed.

Mistfur suddenly jumped up, ignoring ripples in her body. Who knew...