Chapter 6 (REVISED!)

Hopestar didn't know what to say, that was, until Mistfur was eager to know about this.

"Good morning, Mistfur." Hopestar purred. "I'm glad you made GrassClan, SunClan, and BreezeClan safe from danger. Petalstar, Adderstar, and Brownstar told me to thank you for all you have done for their clans. We are all very proud of you."

"Hopestar, tell them I say: "You're welcome" and tell them I did the best I could." Mistfur purred.

"I will. Can you help me announce a clan meeting? You can come up with me and the other three leaders. I know this is very strange in your case, as you are a warrior, but... I need you. I will congratulate you and honor you." Hopestar asked.

"Really? Yes!" Mistfur yowled.

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey come join beneath the Highrock for a Clan meeting!" Mistfur and Hopestar meowed at the same time.

As soon as the cats arrived, Mistfur and Hopestar spoke. But first they heard questions from the cats.

"Why is Mistfur up there? She's so... wonderful..." Whitefur purred and questioned.

"Is Hopestar replacing her deputy?" Cinderpaw wondered.

"Why are SunClan, BreezeClan, and GrassClan's leaders up there?" Harefur hissed angrily. "What isn't she telling me?"

"Silence!" Mistfur silenced them. "Thank you. Let Hopestar talk for once!" Mistfur continued.

"Thank you, Mistfur. SunClan, BreezeClan, and GrassClan have had their camps destroyed by Twolegs." Hopestar announced. The cats in MistClan gasped.

"They are enemies," Harefur whispered. The cats murmured in agreement. Hopestar waited for the cats to stop murmuring before she started talking.

"We have agreed that SunClan, BreezeClan, and GrassClan will stay with us until they find their new camp areas. They have promised for no battles to happen until they leave. The only cats who will have a battle are those vicious Twoleg cats in a clan called FireClan." Hopestar announced.

"We must stay vigilant, or we could be next." Mistfur meowed.

"Yes. Yes. Learn from Mistfur, everyone."

***

It has been three moons since the leaders came to MistClan. Nothing was really happening in the conjoined clan.

But then suddenly...

A loud crashing, yowling, and banging noise sounded from the clearing. "What... was that?" Mistfur asked, tail whipping back and forth in alarm. All of a sudden, FireClan cats arrived, with their leader, Red! "Attack!" Red yowled. "This territory will be mine soon!"

"Everyone! Split up! We can defeat all forty of them!" Hopestar hissed.

"Bluetail?" Mistfur asked. "Yes?" Bluetail replied.

"Fight with me?" Mistfur mewed, purring. "Of course." She replied

"It's time to attack those horrible cats!" Bluetail hissed. "Yes. You get Grass. I'll get Red." Mistfur ordered. "Red?! He's the leader. No one has defeated him. Ever!" "Yes, I know. But I won't let his clan destroy my clan!" Then the two heard a screech. "Harefur!" Bluetail and Mistfur meowed.

"Let go of me, you inconsiderate furball!" Harefur hissed. He was fighting with Nut. The two hissed. Harefur writhed under Nut's strong grasp, and he aimed a blow at him, but missed.

"No way." Nut meowed. "This is the end. Goodbye, clan kittypet!" Nut chuckled. Nut dug his claws into Harefur's flesh, and then Harefur fell with a thud.

"No!" Mistfur yowled. "Harefur!" She wailed. Someone seemed to hear, since she saw another she-cat gaze at her, then him sadly.

The cat was blue-gray, and had beautiful green eyes. Mistfur only knew her as Brook.

"No!" Brook came in chased Nut away. "Stop! Nut. I cannot believe you. You are my brother. I can't take you attacking this harmless cat! Oh, ow..." Brook hissed. Brook was FireClan's deputy. Harefur could tell Brook was having kits because of her plump belly. Then Harefur closed his eyes and prepared to meet StarClan, but he was still alive.

Nut ran away, meowing and hissing away from MistClan's camp. "Are you okay? Harefur!" Brook meowed in grief. How did she even know his name?

"Paws off my deputy!" Hopestar meowed. Her claws were exposed, but Brook didn't care. "Your deputy... My brother killed him!" Brook replied.

"What?" Hopestar meowed. "Harefur... please wake up..." Brook meowed.

Harefur's eyes opened. "I... can't thank you... enough, Brook. With you chasing Nut away.... I don't know what to say..." Brook licked Harefur's cheek sadly. She actually loved Harefur.

"I'd do anything to protect you, dear cousin."

So Harefur was Brook's kin... Hopestar thought. I wish I knew that earlier...

Then Red came along. "Well done, Brook. I see you have caught another MistClan warrior." He proudly meowed. "Another?!" Hopestar hissed. She saw Mistfur, Darkwind, and Heatherfur collapsed onto the ground.

She was deeply concerned for Mistfur, however. She was about to reward her again for her noble efforts in bringing the other clans to her own, she was thinking like a warrior. Oh, poor Mistfur...

Brook gasped. She had no idea who the three unconsious cats were. "Mistfur... Oh, Mistfur!" a cat cried. "Speak to me, Mistfur!" she continued.

"Who is that meowing for this... Mistfur?" Brook asked.

Hopestar pressed her nose to her deputy's fur. "Oh... That's Bluetail. She's a SunClan warrior." Hopestar meowed as she grieved for Harefur.

"Bluetail?!" Brook meowed in shock. "Why so shocked?" Hopestar asked. "Bluetail... She... is... my sister!" Brook revealed. "What?!" Hopestar replied. No cat knew Bluetail had a sister.

The truth was revealed.