Chapter 33

Mistfur never believed the dream she had last night. It was a StarClan party. She would never have realized it, but she wanted to have a gathering with StarClan instead of the four clans tonight.

Mistfur appeared very happy. She couldn't wait for icemoon for her gathering with StarClan cats instead of Clan cats.

Whitefur's spirit appeared in front of her. "Hey, Mistfur! Why so excited? Is it the Gathering tonight? With the Clan cats?"

"No, Whitefur. I need you to do me a favor."

"Sure, Mistfur! What is it?"

"I want to have a gathering with all the StarClan cats instead! There are four clans anyway, so we can have a huge gathering!" Mistfur meowed excitedly.

"Okay! I'll invite everyone! Do you want me to invite a cat in the other side of StarClan?" Whitefur asked.

"Yes, Whitefur. I want you to invite Hollyleaf." Mistfur meowed quickly.

"Will do. She's been your friend for moons, ever since those secret days."

Mistfur's secret best friend was Hollyleaf. No cat knew this, but her and Whitefur, and no one else knew. Whitefur vanished. Mistfur meowed happily, "I can't wait until icemoon... ugh..." The kits she was having gave her pains. The kits were coming in one moon now. She felt a mysterious pang hit her mind. What if not all the cats show up?

***

Mistfur closed her eyes and dreamed happily. The Gathering was full of cats. She could see all four clans' cats who died. She even saw Hollyleaf there, standing in MistClan's side. She could tell Hollyleaf might have formed an alliance with her, even if she and her were from different clans, and different sides of the forest.

Three leaders stood on the tall cloud. Sunstar, Breezestar, and Grassstar. Since they didn't tell her there was no Miststar and she had been killed forever, they invited Mistfur to be temporarily Miststar.

"Now, let the gathering begin," Miststar ordered. "We must proceed with happiness."

Miststar and the other leaders talked about StarClan life. Miststar, actually, talked about all four clans. The cats were interested in Miststar's speaking. They didn't always know about all the clan cats in the forest. Even Hollyleaf was impressed. She didn't know about the other side of the forest beside her.

At the end of the gathering, Hollyleaf went back to the other side of StarClan, and Miststar became Mistfur once again. "Let's do this again another day, Mistfur! I'll invite more cats from the other side of StarClan." Hollyleaf called as she left. "Great! See you soon!" Mistfur called back.

"Whitefur, can we do this every full moon?"

"Sure, Mistfur! I'll see if the other cats agree." Then all the cats faded away. Mistfur started to play around. She started to jump on the clouds, meowing, "I'm Starstar, leader of StarClan!" Mistfur laughed at that name. Starstar? That wasn't normal. But then, she woke up. It was a bright and early sunhigh. Mistfur told Hopestar about the StarClan gathering, and Hopestar was very shocked. Mistfur invited Hopestar to the gathering, and she said yes. Mistfur told her father, Redfur, that at the next full moon, he was to go to the gathering and tell the other cats that Hopestar and Mistfur had something important to do. Redfur nodded in agreement.

***

It has been a day before Mistfur's kits were being born Mistfur and Hopestar sleeped together, in pairs, in the leader's den. Mistfur and Hopestar walked to the clouds, where all the cats were waiting. Mistfur said that she was to be leader because the founder was Miststar, so she was Miststar.

"Okay, Miststar! Call me Hopestorm then. I'm not doing this for nothing." Hopestorm replied with a grin.

"Okay," Miststar replied. The gathering started and ended quickly. The next morning, Hopestar and Mistfur told the clan cats about the fun gathering they had. All the clan cats were impressed. Who knew Mistfur had such bright ideas? No one.

As Mistfur walked back into her den, she saw a dead rose. She remembered Whitefur's death like he was literally killed by a twoleg. Mistfur started to cry a bit.

Dovepelt padded into Mistfur's den. She looked at her daughter with sad amber eyes. She padded over to Mistfur and sat down beside her. It was then she decided to ask a lot of things to her daughter. Dovepelt then took a deep, fresh breath of air and looked at Mistfur closely.