Chapter 16

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey join beneath the Highrock for a clan meeting." Hopestar immediately called. Mistfur was confused. "Uhn?" She groaned, then she climbed up to the Highrock.

"Today I have two announcements! As some of you may know, Goldenpaw is becoming a warrior today, and a thing that none of you know, my parents visited me and Chestnutstar, my father, gave a new prophecy: The clan will be saved thanks to the misty stars. And I think it has something to do with Mistfur." Hopestar's long tail flicked over to Mistfur. Mistfur was flabbergasted. Me? Why me? Couldn't it have been someone else? Why am I asking all these questions? Mistfur thought for a second.

"Anyway, Goldenpaw, step up. Goldenpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code, and to protect and defend your clan, even at the cost of your life?"

"I do, Hopestar. I do."

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Goldenpaw, from this moment you will be known as Goldentail. StarClan honors your courage and determination, and we welcome you as a full warrior of MistClan."

"Goldentail! Goldentail!" led the cheers. "Halt!" called a voice. It was Wetnose. "There's one more ceremony." It was Pinepaw's full medicine cat name ceremony. Pinepaw became Pinefur.

"Pinefur! Pinefur!" led the cheers, once again.

Adderstar, or Addertail returned to MistClan. Addertail was having yet another kit. This time the two hope it would be a she-cat. Once again, their wish came true. It looked amazingly gray and orange with black stripes. Mistfur and Addertail decided to name the kit Frostkit. There was a surprise. Another kit came. It was a she-cat. Mistfur and Addertail named the kit Bumblekit, because it looked like a bumblebee. Later. There were tiny pawsteps approaching. It was, yet another kit. It was a male. Its name was also Bumblekit. The kit decided to stay in MistClan and never come back.

Addertail had to return to SunClan as soon as possible. Mistfur promised she would raise the kits alone. Secretly! The kits looked for milk. Fortunately, Mistfur had milk in her. The kits will survive.

"Hey!" A voice came from the clearing. "What's going on here?" It was Hopestar. "Kits? Milk? Blood? What is happening? Mistfur, are these kits yours?"

"Hopestar, I-"

"Not a word. So you've been hiding a secret, huh? You can't fool me, Mistfur. I am talking to you!"

"Yes, I know. But Hopestar-"

"Mistfur!" Hopestar said sternly. "Answer me at once! Or I will claw your fur off! I will also-"

"THESE ARE NOT MY KITS, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!" Mistfur hissed. "THEY ARE ADDERSTAR'S! I PROMISED HER I WOULD RAISE HER KITS MYSELF AND SHE WOULDN'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THEM AT ALL! IF SHE KEPT THEM IN SUNCLAN, NO ONE WOULD KNOW WHO HAD THE KITS! SHE BROUGHT THEM HERE!!! AND I AM HAVING KITS SO I CANNOT RAISE, LIKE... 6 KITS ALONE!!! Um, I just said the whole thing to you, right?"

"Yes... A-Adderstar, or Addertail had these kits?" Hopestar stammered.

"Yes, Hopestar. I am going to be dead, right?"

"No, Mistfur. If you are raising and having kits, then it is my duty to do something about your position."

"Hopestar! You don't mean..."

"Oh, I mean. I'm sorry, Mistfur. You have done your very best... Go to the queens, you are dismissed."

"But I-"

"Now." Hopestar meowed.

"I just wanted to-"

"Now," Hopestar said more angrily.

"say that-"

"NOW!" Hopestar meowed very sternly.

"I'm sorry." Mistfur dashed out of her den. The kits followed.

"Mistfur! Wait! Frostkit! Swiftkit! Bumblekit!... Other Bumblekit! Come back! Oh, it's all my fault.." Hopestar cried.

***

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey join beneath the Highrock for a clan meeting." Hopestar then called.

The cats were gathered. Hopestar's sad look wiped on her face. She then spoke:

"As... some of you may know... Mistfur has been excused from being deputy for personal reasons."

The cats glared around in dismay. Hopestar silenced them with a look, and continued, "I have made my decision... The new deputy is..."

"It'll be me." Mousewhisker hoped.

"Nope, It will absolutely be me." Hazeltail hissed.

"It should be me." Tigerheart said.

Hopestar had a blank look on her face. Her eyes were closed.

"Redfur."

"What? Me?" Redfur was astonished.

"Redfur will take over Mistfur's position. Let's hope he doesn't keep any secrets."

"Redfur! Redfur! Redfur!" Led the cheers of many cats. Mistfur sighed.

"What's wrong, Mistfur? You don't seem too happy, like always." Frostkit mewed.

"Yeah, are you sad? I want to know what it's like to be deputy." Bumblekit mewed.

"Me too, Bumblekit." The other Bumblekit mewed softly, his blue eyes glimmering.

"Can I help you feel better?" Swiftkit meowed.

"No thanks. Do you want to learn some awesome moves?"

"Okay!" Frostkit mewed.

"I don't see why not," Bumblekit mewed. The kits called the female Bumblekit, and the male Bumblekit #2.

Mistfur taught the moves to everyone. The kits learned very quickly. It seemed so fun, that the other kits wanted to play too. Mistfur thought the kits were impressed at themselves. It was Frostkit who learned the best, with Swiftkit coming in a close second.

***

It was about three moons later. Brookfur's kits were being apprenticed. Somehow Nightpaw collapsed after her mentor was chosen. She was dead. Marshpaw decided to leave to BreezeClan. Toadpaw, Firepaw, and Stripepaw are left now. Toadpaw's mentor was Tigerheart, Firepaw's mentor was Hazeltail, and Stripepaw's mentor was Redfur. Larkwing joined the elders, and somehow, BreezeClan invades.

"Attack," Brownstar ordered. Dovewing was almost killed by a bite to the throat. She scratched the cat who did that deeply. In its ear. Dovewing found out the cat who was scratched was Batwing. He lost too much blood and died. Everyone heard Icywing is the new deputy.

Petalstar arrives in MistClan camp secretly to talk to Mistfur, and she decides that she wants to take Frostkit with her. Mistfur declines, It is another secret, and it is against the warrior code.