Chapter 5 (REVISED!)

"Jaypaw, it's getting late. We should head home." Mistfur meowed.

Jaypaw replied in a soft mew, "Okay. It was really fun!" 

Mistfur sighed and looked up. "Hopestar won't be pleased to see us come back later than all apprentices' scheduled end of training time..." She sighed. "If we're caught, we're crowfood." She shuddered at the fact.

"Yes, let's get back to camp." Jaypaw agreed.

The two headed back to camp. On their way back they saw the three other leaders with all their clans. There was Adderstar, and her clan, SunClan. There was Brownstar, and his clan, BreezeClan. And there was Petalstar, and her clan, GrassClan.

"What are you guys doing out here so late? Tonight's not the Gathering!" Mistfur asked with a soft purr in her voice to not make her seem threatening.

"Twolegs ripped into our camps and destroyed them!" Brownstar hissed angrily, his tail lashing back and forth.

"Now we live together-" Adderstar meowed. But her voice was cut off by the yowls of Petalstar.

"Now we don't have anywhere to live!" Petalstar yowled. "And you said we can live in a cozy place!" Petalstar hissed to Brownstar.

"What in the name of StarClan did I do?! All I did was to tell you what to do!" Brownstar hissed back.

"Stop!" Mistfur hissed. "I have had enough of all these unnecessary harms! You all know better than to just hiss around like that! Think about your clans! The only one who should be leading these clans is Hopestar! However, Hopestar wouldn't give a single respect to all you!"

"But we're tired-" Weaselfur hissed. But he was cut off by a SunClan cat named Dappleberry. "And starved!" Dappleberry meowed. "....and we had to escape with our lives." Weaselfur continued.

"Listen. How about we talk to Hopestar and she will agree or maybe disagree." Mistfur meowed calmly.

The cats headed back to MistClan to speak to Hopestar.

"No way. They couldn't have abandoned their camps! You're seriously joking." Hopestar hissed.

"No we're not," Mistfur meowed. "Seriously, we're not!" Jaypaw continued.

"Okay. Bring SunClan, BreezeClan, and GrassClan. Tell them they can stay until they find a new camp." "You're the best, Hopestar!" Mistfur purred. Hopestar blushed.

"Jaypaw, take Goldenpaw, Cinderpaw, Scorchpaw, Dawnpaw, and Pinepaw!" Mistfur ordered. "I'm on it!" Jaypaw replied. And Mistfur, Jaypaw, Goldenpaw, Cinderpaw, Scorchpaw, Dawnpaw, and Pinepaw headed out.

"D-did Ho-Hopestar s-say y-yes?" Bluetail shivered as she spoke.

"Yes." Mistfur meowed. "She told you to stay until you find new clan areas."

"Thank you!" Adderstar, Brownstar, and Petalstar said, then gave a respectful lick to Mistfur's ear, one by one.

Mistfur gave a soft purr and bowed down.

"Thank you, Mistfur. BreezeClan owes you a debt of gratitude. Hopestar is very lucky to have you." He replied, making the BreezeClan cats gasp and murmur. There has never been a time where Brownstar said anyone was great.

"Silence!" Mistfur yowled to the meowling cats in BreezeClan. "Let's get to the MistClan camp."

"SunClan gives you praise, Mistfur." Dawnfur purred. "Thank you, Dawnfur." Mistfur bowed her head.

"Can we... at least get some... sleep... for once?" Dawnpaw yawned, forcing herself to stay awake.

"Yes, Dawnpaw. Let's have Mistfur lead the way." Pinepaw purred. "She's the warrior."

"Alright! Follow me to my camp!" Mistfur meowed.

This is it... My first duty as a warrior... I hope that Hopestar can accept them! 

The cats reached MistClan's camp.

"Okay. Adderstar, Brownstar, Petalstar, tell Hopestar you have arrived to MistClan camp. Jaypaw, Goldenpaw, Cinderpaw, Scorchpaw, Dawnpaw, and Pinepaw, go to bed. I'll come with you," Mistfur ordered.

"Yes, Mistfur. Good night, everyone!" Dawnpaw meowed. "Come on, guys!"

"Yes. Good night," Adderstar meowed.

"Good night," Brownstar and Petalstar purred at the same time. Then Adderstar, Brownstar and Petalstar went into Hopestar's den while the 7 remaining cats went to bed.

The leaders headed to Hopestar's den.

"Hopestar?" Petalstar meowed. "Yes? Oh, well, well, well. If it isn't Petalstar, Adderstar, and Brownstar. Why have you abandoned your camps?"

"Twolegs have come into our territories and destroyed our camps." Brownstar hissed, trying to keep it cool.

"Is that so?" Hopestar asked. "Oh yes, it is so." Petalstar meowed. "Can we stay until we find new clan areas? We just need to confirm with the leader until anything is possible," Adderstar added.

"Yes. I will tell you where to sleep tomorrow. There are so many empty nests no cat has claimed. You will sleep in my large den tonight," Hopestar ordered.

"Yes, Hopestar." Brownstar meowed quickly. "Can you tell Mistfur we all thank her? For all she has done for our clans?" Adderstar purred.

"Of course. When she wakes up." Then all the cats went to sleep, waiting for the next morning.

***

It was morning in MistClan's camp. Hopestar was staring into Mistfur's ice blue eyes as she woke up. "What is it, Hopestar? What do you have to say?" Hopestar took a deep breath. And then she couldn't wait to tell Mistfur about what the leaders said.