Chapter 23

Kyle's POV

Anna sat down on my hospital bed and put her arms around me as best she could, and I did the same to her.

"I was so worried about you," she said, as she wiped the tears from her eyes.

"Anna, dont cry...," I sighed. But she couldn't help it. She cried into my shoulder even more.

Billy held up his phone and pointed to the music app. I mouthed to him, Stained Glass Eyes and Colorful Tears. I looked at Anna, and then whispered to her ear, "may I have this dance, my beautiful princess?"

She looked at me with a smile, wiped her eyes one last time, and stood up, grabbing my hand to help me out of bed, and held on as tight as she could. I almost fell over, but she was able to catch me each time. The beginning of the song started to play, and I put my hands on her waist and swayed with her. I saw Billy get up in the corner of my eye and I wasn't sure as to where he went, though he left his phone there. I kept swaying, and pulled her closer.

With a minute left in the song, at Anna's favorite part, I realized a whole bunch of visitors, nurses, patients, and even doctors were crowded around our huge room, thanks to Billy pulling the curtains hiding our room to the side, making the dance public. As the music began to fade, I looked down at Anna, and she looked up at me. I pulled her closer, and I kissed her as the music faded into silence, and the crowd around us began to cheer. I think right in that moment, I became the happiest I've ever been, despite being in a hospital.

__________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE!

Hey guys,  I'm so glad to see that you're all liking the work so far, but I don't know where to take it from here.

So, i'm going to leave it up to YOU! Please, leave a comment and let me know what you want to see happen next. If I get AT LEAST 5 comments from 5 different people  telling me what they want to see happen next, I'll pick at least 1 of the ideas someone has submitted and put it into one of my upcoming chapters. Every comment counts, because writers block SUCKSSS. Anyway, thank you for getting me to 10K views/reads, it means the WORLD to me! I love you all so much. 

- Meghan ♥