Chapter 27

"What do you mean, 'go home'?" Kyle said.

Billy looked over at us, concerned.

"I... I think i should go." I stuttered.

"But you just got here! You don't want to stay awhile?" Kyle's mom questioned.

"My mom.... Might be worried about me," I lied. She could care less as to where I am.

I stood up, grabbed my sweater, and headed to the door. 

"T-thanks for having me.." 

I looked down and blinked the tears out of my eyes.

"Anna, wait." Kyle hollered, but I kept walking. 

God damn it, why am I so depressed all of a sudden? 

I stepped down from Kyle's doorstep and sniffled. Snow began to fall from the sky at an alarming rate, and I felt my tears freezing in my eyes. Closing my eyes, I fell to my knees, and began to sob. 

Soon after, Kyle came outside and saw me on my knees, crying. He then got on his knees in his new skinny jeans, getting them all wet from the surrounding snow. But he didn't care, he put his arms around me anyway.

"Anna.. what's wrong.."

I didn't answer. I couldn't tell him I was fine because I wasn't. But I didn't know how to describe my condition. I shook, because I was so cold. It feels as if i'm the only one going through this wave of sadness, guilt, and depression. I wish all of this would just end.. 

"I'm okay, Kyle. I just need a minute."