Chapter 1

I knew it was coming, I knew the time would come, I knew I would really be leaving sooner or later.

"Honey, the car is already packed, I'm waiting for you." My mom yells from the door.

"K, be there in a sec." I was already ready. I've just been sitting in my room, well my old, room floor for about fifteen minutes. This is the last time I'm gonna see this place.

All the amazing memories, the terrible memories, the memories I just didn't care about because I never thought I'd ever miss them. Well, you can't miss something until it's gone.

I finally stand up and dust off my jeans. Maybe I shouldn't have sat on the floor regarding my jeans are light blue. I run down the stairs and slowly close the door. Last time I'll see this place again.

My mom starts the car and I hop in the back. Soon we're driving off to New York.

• • • • •5 Hours Later

That ride wasn't so bad I guess, except when my phone died three times because the car charger was being stupid, or when my headphones flew out the window, or when I spilled my Wawa's coffee on my Vans, other than that it was an ok ride.

"Here we are." My mom slows down and parks in our new driveway. I get out the car and open the trunk.

"Mom, I'm gonna take a few bags up then change my shoes and come back." She nods then goes back on her phone. Wow, this is a big house, well bigger than our old one. I drop the bags and look in all the rooms to pick my own.

Oohhh, this one has a window sill. My mind has been made up. I drag all my bags into my new room and one of my mom's into her room. Time to change my shoes. How in the world am I gonna wash these?

Let me just wear my Infrareds. I go back outside and get three more bags and my mom follows me with two.

"Did you clean your shoes yet?"

"Nope, I really don't know how I can." We first put my bags in my room.

"Can't you just soak them in soapy water?"

"Of course not, or then my design frame won't have a design anymore. I'll just have black Vans with a weird white section." I had to learn that the hard way.

"Well, I think that's your only choice." She says after putting down her bags. We both go back outside and each grab a suitcase.

"I'll just Google if there's some other way." I really hope there's another way on Google, or else bye bye to my Vans. My mom and I go back one more time to get our last bags and both collapse on the floor from exhaustion.

"What a workout, am I right?" My mom says and I laugh.

"Just realized you left the car doors and trunk open."

"You brought it up." She hands me the keys and I unwillingly get up. "While you're out there I saw a couple girls, you should go make friends."

"Only if you make friends, too."

"Deal." She says and gives me a thumbs up. Once I get outside I look around to see what girls she was talking about but I guess they found me first.

"Did you just move here? I saw you and your mom unloading your car." A girl a little taller than me says excitedly.

"Yea-" Before I can finish her friend interrupts.

"Finally another girl! All we have is old people and these three guys in this neighborhood. Not that mind the guys though, if you know what I mean." She playfully winks and nudges my arm making me laugh.

"What are your names? And the guys' names too?" I nudge her back and we all laugh again.

"I'm Tatiana but call me Tati, I'm a little more boy crazy than her."

"And I'm Dinah, you can call me D. And she's a little more everything crazy than me. And you are?" They introduce themselves.

"I'm Cassandra." I introduce myself.

"But we'll call her....Cassie." They say at the same time. The sound of guys talking brings our attention to the next door house's doorstep.

"Thug Jesus finna beat both of you." The light skin says.

"You thought! Y'all ain't ready for the D.Gord." The brown skin guy jumps down the doorsteps.

"Let's just get this settled because everyone knows the PapiChulo is gonna smash both you guys." The Hispanic one dribbles the ball between his legs.

Once they all look over to us they nudge each other and whisper. While the light and dark skin are whispering the Hispanic one does a flirty nod and winks at me. Oh my gosh, he just winked at me! Maybe this move isn't so bad.

I turn around and Dinah and Tatiana are quietly squealing and jumping up and down a bit. They grab my hands and try to make me join but I'll pass since now they're staring a lot more than they were.

"Omg, D, did you see that?" If Tatiana noticed then I'm definitely not dreaming.

"Tati girl you know I did! I can't believe he winked at me!" Tatiana stops jumping and gives a confused look.

"No, no, no, he winked at me." Tatiana says.

"I think I would know when a person winked at me or not and he winked at me." Dinah gives her a knowing look.

"Guys, I think they can hear you." I whisper. They both look over to the boys staring at us and look away embarrassed. Well I thought he winked at me but now I don't know.

Tatiana and Dinah have obviously been living here longer so he was probably winking at them. The boys laugh then go play basketball on the court down the street.

"Do you have a basketball?" Tatiana asks me.

"Yea, why?"

"Let's go play some basketball."