Chapter 6

We played so many games. Now we're just talking and laughing. Daniel's also sitting next to me, but I'm not complaining.

*****10 minutes ago

"Tag you're it." Kevin tags Devin.

"Bruh, I am not playing tag with you." Devin says but as soon as Dinah walks by he tags her. "No tag backs, not playing anymore."

Dinah tries to tag Kevin and they both laugh and run around the room. She almost gets him but he backs away and bumps Daniel so hard he falls on me on my bean bag chair. Dinah got him after that.

"Sorry." He whispers because our faces are so close together.

"It's fine." Instead of getting up he squeezes next to me.

"Scooch." He pokes my side and I giggle. "You're very comfortable." He lays on my shoulder.

*****

"Yooooo, what happened to your Vans." Kevin yells picking them up.

"Oh yea, I spilled coffee on them." Honestly I'm too comfy to care about those anymore. Kevin shakes his head.

"Tisk, tisk, tisk. These shoes are dead, gonna have to buy new ones." He says in another funny accent.

"Hey, that reminds me, you still owe me my five bucks." He smacks his teeth.

"Eeeeehhhhh," he says as if he's thinking. "I'll pay you later."

"Kevin."

"No really, I promise." He puts his hands up in surrender.

"Pinky promise then." I stick up my pinky. He starts to walk over and sticks out his pinky.

"Sike!" He pulls it away and slides it behind his head.

"You better pay me my money."

"Bitch, better have my money." Tati and D sing then laugh.

"Pay me what you owe me." Devin continues.

"Turn up to Rihanna while the whole club getting wasted." My mom sings as she opens the door. Everyone laughs. "You guys good?" We all nod and say yes. "If you want to you can watch a movie down stairs. I rented some."

"Movie!" Kevin and Devin yell and run downstairs. Daniel gets up and sticks out his hand.

"You might wanna hurry unless you don't have a problem with scary movies." A problem I have indeed. I grab his hand and he pulls me up but doesn't let my hand go. As we walk by my mom winks at me and I squint my eyes at her.

"Poltergeist! Too late, no one can change their minds because I already put it in. So if you're scared, suck it up." Kevin flexes. "Just kidding, or cuddle with KevieKev." He smiles at Dinah and puts his arm over her shoulder when he sits down.

"Lights go off, too." Devin dims the lights all the way off and sits next to Tati who is cuddling her knees. So glad I'm holding Daniel's hand. We squeeze at the end of the couch and get ready for the movie.

"I'm so scared." Dinah says and hides behind her hands.

"The movie didn't even start, this the previews." Kevin pulls her hands down and holds one.

"I know but the fact that we're watching a scary movie makes me scared enough." I agree with D, I do not like scary movies. But the thing is, once I start watching one I can't stop because I wanna know what happens till the end. And then after I watch it I get super scared. Sad cycle.

After a few minutes the movie starts. Fifteen minutes in and I'm already terrified. This closet business is too real for me, I'm scared to go in my own closet now.

"We forgot our blankets. Someone needs to go get them." Tati says and cuddles closer to Devin.

"Nose goes." He says and touches his nose. Everyone else does and I'm left confused.

"Go get 'em." Kevin points upstairs.

"Wait, what? What is nose goes?"

"When someone says nose goes and you're the last to put your finger on your nose, or don't do it at all, you have to go do whatever was told. And you lost so," Devin explains.

"I really don't want to go upstairs by myself. Can someone else please do it?" I beg.

"You were last, sorry." Devin watches the movie intently as if he were half listening.

"I'll go with you." Daniel whispers and we go upstairs. Halfway up I slip my hand into his. We get the blankets and are about to leave the room when I hear a sound.

"Did you hear that?" I whisper yell. I dropped all the blankets and jumped to his side.

"You just moved your basketball, you're fine." He hands me the blankets I dropped. We walk back downstairs, well I ran, but he walked behind. Everyone gets their blankets and we continue watching the movie.

"Not the closet, not the closet." Tati whispers. Everyone winces, the girls way more than the boys. How are they used to this? I feel my blood pressure rising like I'll have a heart attack the very next shock I get. I hear a creak by the stairs.

"Guys did you hear that?" I whisper but only Dani hears me. Everyone else is too concentrated on the movie.

"It was probably nothing." He holds my hand. The creak comes again but it sounds like it's closer. This time everyone heard. Kevin pauses the movie. It creaks one more time and we all turn our heads towards the stairs and see a non-moving figure.

"Boo!" It yells and everyone screams. Then it starts laughing and I know exactly who it is.

"Oh my gosh mom, that was not funny. You really scared us."

"I'm sorry, I had to. I couldn't have passed that perfect moment." She laughs a little more. "Anyways, goodnight. See you in the morning." Then my mom goes upstairs. That was not funny at all. I could of really had a heart attack.

Kevin starts the movie again and we continue watching. I just realized when my mom scared us I literally wrapped my legs around Daniel and hugged his chest. I guess I was very comfortable in that position because I fell asleep that way.