Chapter 14

"You sure you wanted me to stop?" He whispers in my ear. I'm too overwhelmed to reply. "I'll take that as a no." He kisses me and brings me to the bed.

"Don't let him take advantage of you yet." Michelle's voice says in my head. How am I supposed to stop him if I don't want to? He slips his hand up my shirt and starts feeling me. His other slides down and I want to stop him but can't get to it.

"Wait," He stops and stares into my eyes. "I can't do this." He sits up and I do, too. "I can't just take advantage of you like this." He shakes his head and runs his hand through his hair. "You wanted me to stop, didn't you? But you didn't say anything." He holds my hands."

And I thought Michelle was right for a second. I wanna feel really hyped right now but Dani looks so... so... disappointed or something. He stopped and I didn't say have to say anything. Michelle was wrong, he's not trying to take advantage of me.

"It's ok, if you hate me, I-"

"Daniel, I don't hate you at all. If you didn't stop then I would hate you, but you did stop. I almost thought Michelle was right." I say the last part mostly to myself.

"What did she say?" He furrows his eyebrows.

"She just said that she thinks," I check his face before continuing. "you were going to take advantage of me because," I check his face again. He looks pissed but still wants to know the rest. "because we weren't....you know....official."

"And she's going shopping with us tomorrow, great." He has a small obviously fake smile. "I have some things to do, see you in the morning." And with that he walks out.

• • • • • Next morning

Everyone already showered and now we're eating breakfast. We're gonna meet Michelle there.

"You guys all slept well?" My mom asks.

"Not me, because of that movie I had so many nightmares." Tati says.

"I didn't sleep well because someone had a weak bladder and was too scared to go to the bathroom by herself." Dinah shoots daggers with her eyes to Tati. "She woke me up three different times."

"We slept great." Kevin talks for everyone else.

"This breakfasts is good, you're a really good cook." Devin tells my mom.

"Thank you. You guys ready to go?" She gets the keys. Everyone nods. We eat our last bits of food then put our plates in the sink.

"Mom, you got a new car?" I ask when we get outside.

"No, I rented this." She laughs. We all get in the car. I sit in the passenger seat, Daniel sits behind me, Kevin sits behind my mom, and it's Dinah, Tati, then Devin in the back. The ride wasn't that long, we got lit to about five songs. Especially RGF Island by Fetty Wap. My mom had the windows down the whole ride. People on the sidewalk were getting lit too.

"Have fun, call when you guys need me to pick you up." My mom drives off.

"Ok Michelle says she's at Kizu's. That's my favorite store, let's go." I speed walk towards my paradise. When we get there Michelle is looking through a rack.

"Hey Michelle!" She turns around and we hug. Dinah and Tati quickly join. She goes to hug the boys and Daniel low-key dubs and gives her a side hug. No one seemed to notice though, well except for me, Daniel, and Michelle.

"Let's go shop." She says and the girls all follow her. The boys awkwardly trudge around. I find two joggers, a dress, and a sweatshirt. I know everything else will fit but I don't know about the dress. I'll just put it back on the rack.