Chapter 8

The boys already finished showering because they used the second bathroom downstairs. And Tati, we're girls so we all took a while. My mom just finished with breakfast and placed everything on the table. She even made smoothies for us.

"Shoot, I forgot my phone and charger upstairs. Can someone please get it for me?" Everyone looks around at each other.

"Don't look at me, I got the covers with you." Daniel puts a piece of his waffle in his mouth.

"D?" She scratches behind her ear and sips her smoothie. "Kevin?" He pretends he doesn't hear me and pours syrup on his waffles. "Devin, can you please get my charger?"

"Nope." He eats a bacon strip.

"Come on, you made me get the covers."

"No, nose goes made you get the covers. You lost, so actually you made yourself get the covers."

"Can you please just get it? I won't ask you for anything else today." He thinks about it for a second.

"Fine." He sighs.

"It's on my bed." I yell after him.

"Whatever." He waves me off being a bit salty.

"So, wasn't the movie great?" Kevin starts the conversation.

"Not at all, I got a nightmare from that. I'm never watching a scary movie ever again, not like I was even planning to watch that one." D shivers at the memory of last night and we laugh, Kevin being the loudest.

"Daniel?" Kevin asks him.

"It was awesome, one of the best horrors I've seen. Cass, what about you?" Everyone looks towards me. He just called me Cass, I don't know how to feel about that. I lied, I do, I love when he says my name, it just makes me smile automatically. "Was it so scary you have no words?" He interrupts my thoughts and they laugh again.

"Oh right, the movie. It was terrible. Way too scary for me." I eat a piece of my egg.

"Well, win-win for me, I got to watch a hella good movie and cuddle up with a beautiful girl." Kevin winks at D. Damn, didn't know cheeks could turn that red, and that fast.

"Same." Daniel nudges Kevin and nods at me. Now I know how D feels.

Devin finally comes back downstairs, and he's slightly smiling. Thought he was mad getting my phone and charger but I guess not anymore.

"Can you plug it in," He stops walking and gives me a look. "please?" He plugs in my phone by the couch and even more saltily, walks back to the table.

"So what are we gonna do today?" D asks.

"True, didn't think about that." I say. My mom comes up the stairs from the basement. "Mom, are we doing anything today?"

"Right, I was thinking about it this morning. We could go to see a movie, and then a water park." She suggests.

"Really, we should do that, a water park would be lit." Kevin gets all hyped. Daniel, Devin, D and I nod excitedly.

"We'll leave at twelve thirty." She nods to us and takes her oatmeal upstairs. We have half an hour until we leave, I'm so excited. The boys stuff down all their food and run to get their water stuff. After the door shuts Tati comes downstairs with a funny look on her face.

"What's up with you?" D slides Tati's plate in front of the seat next to her. Tati sighs and takes in a breathe, a smile working onto her face.

"When I was upstairs I lotioned and whatever and forgot my clothes on the bed so I thought I might as well change out here, there's no possible way someone would randomly walk in. So unfortunately, or fortunately for Devin," She whispers that part. "I only had my bra and underwear on and he kinda walked in." Tati tries not to smile about the situation.

"Wow, he must of taken a spam of mental pictures." I have a knowingly tone.

"What happened after that?" D says.

"He was like, shit I'm so sorry, but was still staring for like four seconds, I was counting. He was literally scanning my body while apologizing. And then I was like, ahhh, and ran to get the towel and finally he covered his eyes. Then he said, I just need to get Cassandra's phone and charger. So I gave it to him and he said sorry one more time and walked out."

"That's why he was looking all funny when he came back downstairs." I shake my head at her.

"Second day and he already know what it looks like, m, mm, mmm." D shakes her head, too.

"Shut up." Tati playfully says. "Where are they anyway?"

"Oh, OK so we're going to the movies in about thirty minutes then going to the water park so they went to get their stuff. You guys should, too."

"Already prepared." They say at the same time.

"We always pack for any situations." D explains. I finish my breakfast and put it in the sink. I gotta go pack." I run upstairs and look through my drawers to pick out a bathing suit. A few minutes later D and Tati come upstairs.

"What are you wearing?" Tati asks and they both sit on opposite sides of me. We lay out all my choices.

"I don't know, can't choose." I shrug. The boys join the room.

"Are we picking out swimming wear here?" Devin says in a funny voice.

"No, we," Tati points at the three of us. "are picking out swimming wear here." She mocks him and he laughs.

"Let's just take a vote." I suggest. Now everyone is sitting on the floor around me. Just picking out a bathing suit, not the president, it's not that serious. "OK, what do you guys pick?" Devin, Kevin, Daniel slide into a huddle and whisper amongst themselves.

"Me, Daniel, being the spokesperson for the boys, we choose this one." He points to the one with the least fabric, of course they'd pick that. They laugh.

"Anyways, what do you guys pick?" I turn towards Tati and D. They both pick the pink one.

"Objection!" Kevin yells. "Three beats two, I think you should go with ours." He raises a finger.

"That's not really an objection, anyways, their votes shouldn't even count. You should go with ours." D raises a finger copying Kevin and he squints his eyes at her.

"Objection, too!" Devin yells. "I think Kevin is right and we should go with majority rules."

"Again, not an objection. Just pick the one you want." D squints at Devin and Kevin.

"An un-objection, I agree with Dinah, you should wear what you feel comfortable in." Daniel says. Devin and Kevin look offended.

"Not cool, man." Devin shakes his head.

"Yea, you just switched to the girls' side." Kevin wipes shame towards him.

"You've betrayed us." Devin joins him in the shame wiping.

"You're no longer Daniel, but Danielle." Kevin laughs.

"Which bikini are you wearing, Danielle?" Devin asks him. Daniel rolls his eyes at them and we laugh. I pick one of the bikinis and put them in my bag. Kevin starts a round of applause in the room.

"Cassandra has picked out a bikini, even though it was none of our choices, she still picked one. Good for her." He announces.

"See, that was the one I said to pick." Daniel says. Kevin throws the bikini they picked at him.

"Shut up, Danielle."