Chapter 21

"So let's state the plans here?" My mom says.

"Plan A, get Seth on our side." John says.

"If we do that then that'll give us plenty of time before his boss starts to try to find the password herself." Daniel says

"Plan B, change the password." Kev says.

"Then we have Cassandra show up give Seth the her full name." Kev adds.

"And when it doesn't work I say that someone changed the password and tell him the Lifeline Supporter is Cris. It'll take forever for them to find her." Michelle finishes.

"So when are we going to do this?" Tati asks.

"When Seth comes, John will meet him outside." My mom explains.

"So Plan B is if Plan A doesn't work?" D asks.

"Yep." My mom nods.

"Do we have a Plan C?" Daniel asks. My mom, Michelle, and I all look around at each other.

"No, because Plan B should definitely work." Michelle tells him. But we all three know that it might not and that there is a Plan C. We just can't tell them because it might ruin our chances for the first two plans. We especially can't tell Daniel.

Honk! Honk!

"Well, it's time for me to do my job. I'm gonna miss you guys even though I just met you." John says and hugs everyone. "See you soon, Dinah." He winks at her and she blushes.

"Woah, woah, slow down there Johnny boy. This is my girlfriend." Kev puts an arm around her waist and holds her close.

"I am?" She asks with the biggest smile on her face staring up at him.

"Since when?" Tati asks excitedly.

"Well, I never officially asked her out, but know that I will when I have the perfect idea and she's off limits." He squints at John. John and I nod at each other because I told him to do that. It was taking way too long for Kev to ask Dinah out and she was waiting too patiently. So I guess now they're kinda dating, good enough though.

"Veda, you coming?" John asks. Dani gives me a kiss on the forehead and a quick hug before he goes.

"Awwww." Dinah and Tati say and I roll my eyes.

• • • • • Ten minutes later

It's been ten minutes and they're still not back. I hope nothing happened. I'm starting to get worried and so is everyone else. We're all sitting silently on the couch looking between each other. Then the door opens.

"Daniel." I quickly walk over and hug him. But his hug feels different. He's gripping my shirt, he only does that when he's nervous. "Dani, what's wrong?"

"He still wants the password." He sighs. "He wants you to go with him, alone."

"But Michelle is gonna be there. Don't worry, Dani, I'll be ok. This plan will work." Hopefully. I really don't wanna do Plan C. He hugs me one more time and I leave with Michelle.

"Let's get this over with, you better play no more games with me." He narrows his eyes at me and shoots a death glare. I swear this Seth guy is scary as hell. I sit in the back seat. This is gonna be a long ride.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on." He opens the door for me and slams it shut behind me. I follow closely behind them through this huge mansion. We take an elevator to the lowest floor into this high-tech looking room. We take a bunch of lefts and rights. If I even think about escaping I don't think I'll be able to find my way out. It's like a maze down here. We finally make it to a room.

"I'll be back, don't try anything or I swear, Cassandra, you'll regret it." He leaves.

"Dinah and your mom are here and they're working on changing the password." Michelle smiles at me then gives me a hug. "Don't worry, everything is gonna be alright, I promise."

"Michelle, how old are you?" I ask after a while in the hug.

"Nineteen." I back away a little to look at her face.

"Really? Then how old is Seth?"

"Twenty."

"So you actually like him?" We sit down.

"Unfortunately. He might be a bad guy in the CCCÉ but under that tough cover he's really sweet. I mean he has to get his job done. If he's sweet with everyone then no one will take him seriously, you know." I nod in understandment. That organization really breaks people, it's sad. "They got the password changed." She whispers.

"Let's do this." Seth walks in and types a bunch. A big screen comes up asking for a password. "Type your name." I walk up and type my whole name and it flashes error on the screen. "You don't know how to spell your own name? What is it?" He moves me to the side.

"Cassandra Jolicia Santana Camilla Felsa." He types it in and it does it again. He tries two more times and has the same outcome.

"Are you playing with me?" He backs me up all the way to the wall. I quickly shake my head no.

"She's not lying, that's her name, Seth." Michelle puts a hand on his shoulder and he backs away. "I knew I should of told you." She looks down.

"Told me what?" He turns to her with a much softer approach.

"When Mike came in with that girl, I forgot her name but she went down here and I think she was changing the password. But I didn't tell you because I didn't want to make assumptions." She pretends to cry. Damn, I'd believe her too.

"Shit Michelle. Are you fucking kidding me?" She sniffles and he turns to her. "It's ok, just don't cry, you know I hate it when you cry." He hugs her. It actually worked. I thought I was dead for sure, but it worked.

"Yo Seth, look who I found here." A guy says from the door. He holds Dinah and my mom by their arms.

"So you were the ones who changed the password?" He gently moves Michelle away from him to go up to my mom and Dinah.

"It wasn't us, I swear." Dinah tells him.

"We just helped Cris sneak in so she could do it." My mom adds.

"We don't even know what she changed the password to." D shrugs.

"I'm not gonna lie to you Seth, Cris was acting kinda weird when she came in with me for her little inspection." The guy says. I'm guessing he's Mike. Seth walks up to then and sniffs my mom.

"I smell amnesia powder, Cris told them but they used the powder on themselves so they wouldn't be able to tell me. Smart. I bet they told Cassandra because they dont know who the Lifeline Supporter is." He walks back over to me. He's right, they did tell me, because they thought we could make it out without using Plan C.

"Can't we just go find Cris?" Mike suggests.

"Why look for her when the password is right here? Now Cassandra, you're gonna tell me the new password, if you don't I'll make sure you will." Seth puts on his shades.

Well, I might as well tell you Plan C. If anything went wrong or out of plan like it did just now, they were gonna give me amnesia powder so Seth will have to look for Cris. She naturally travels everywhere so it'll take ages to find her. The powder will make me forget everything over the past month. Which means I'll forget all of this, including Daniel. They got Mike on our side luckily. My mom passes him the small box of the powder and he runs over to me. I close my eyes and feel the powder float around me.