Chapter 22

"Cassandra!" I wake up to a guy hovering over me. "Are you ok, did anything happen to you?" He checks my face and my arms. Then he pulls up my shirt and I quickly push it down. "Sorry, I just missed you so much." He starts kissing me all over and I can't help but giggle.

"Yea Ok, I don't know if I'm still sleepy but who are you again?" I sincerely ask.

"Dani, your boyfriend, and you're Cassie, my girlfriend." He hugs me laughing. I rub my eyes. Maybe when I wake up more I'll remember. This cutie is my boyfriend? How can I forget that?

"Daniel? I need to talk to you." My mom says seriously. I turn back and see this guy flirting with this girl. She's so pretty.

"Dinah's outside right?" This light skin asks my mom and she nods then he runs out. I must be really sleepy because I don't know who any of these people are. I follow my mom inside this house then leave her and that guy go into the hall to talk. Dani, that's his name.

"Hey, Cassandra!" A girl runs to me and gives me a hug.

"Hey?" Why are all these people so excited to see me? I don't even know them. "What's your name again?" I ask.

"Oh no, did they give you some amnesia powder or something?" The girl's face is full of worry.

"Don't be dramatic, Tati." A brown skin guy behind her laughs. "She obviously remembers who we are. Right?" He turns to me.

"Right." I terribly lie and give a thumbs up. Their faces drop.

"Wait, Cassandra, do you seriously not know who we are?" They get really close to my face so I back up.

"Nope." I shrug.

"Cassandra, tell me it's not true." The Dani guys says. He has tears streaming down his face and his eyebrows are furrowed.

"Oh my gosh, what's wrong? Are you ok?" He looks so sad.

"Tell me you remember me. Tell me you didn't forget all the memories we had together. Tell me you didn't forget us." His eyes are filled with hope and his tone is begging.

"S-Sorry, I don't know who any of you guys are." Whatever he's talking about I wish I could remember just to tell him I do because he looks so broken. He backs away shaking his head and walks out the door. Everyone just stands there staring at me with blank faces.

"Barbara." We all turn our heads to a man standing by the door. My mom gasps and brings her hands up to her mouth.

"Jacob?" She runs to him and they hug. Wait, why does he look so fa-? Is that...?

"Papa?" He opens his arms for me and I run to hug him.

"I thought you died." My mom gives him a big kiss on the cheek.

"I drove the car off the bridge but took an ejector so the car would drown. Then I snuck away. If I were dead they wouldn't hurt you two, my two favorite girls. Happy late birthday, chica." He kisses my forehead.

"Jacob, you're too smart, that's why I married you." She kisses him again.

"Devin, Tatiana, Kevin, Dinah, Michelle, Mike, John, nice to personally meet you guys." He shakes all their hands. Even my dad knows their names. "I've been watching over you all sense you're close friends with my daughter, or new friends," He nods at Mike and John and they nod back. "I realized how much she cared about you guys and I couldn't let her forget all the fun memories you all had with each other."

"Jacob, are you saying what I think you're saying?" My mom smiles.

"Yep, I switched the powder with reversable amnesia powder." He turns around and throws a powder in my face. I shake around a bit because I wasn't expecting it but then slowly stop. I-I remember.

"I remember! I remember Tati and D, and Dev and Kev, and I remember Mike and John! I remember everything!" I go and hug everyone but then my smile drops. "I remember Daniel. Where is he? I have to go see him."

"He usually goes to the cave when he's upset." Dev says.

"Yea, he's probably there." Kev adds.

"Cassie, I'll drive you." Dad says. It feels so good to be able to say that again. My mom decides to tag along, too. She says she doesn't wanna miss the reuniting. On the way there, I tried calling but remember he broke his phone that night.

~~~~~~~~~~

We finally make it and I quickly climb over the fence, run down the hill, and stop in front of the cave. It's just a dark cave, nothing to be scared about. I turn on my phone flashlight and notice my phone is on two percent. Are you kidding me? I start to hurry so I can get to Daniel before my phone dies but I trip over a rock. My phone bounces three times, each time with a crack sound then it falls face flat. The flashlight flickers and then it turns off.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no." I whisper to myself and try to get up to get my phone but I fall back down. My ankle, ouch, I think I twisted or something. I crawl to my phone and repeatedly click the power button but nothing. Great, I'm stuck in a cold, dark cave with a twisted ankle and my parents are probably waiting outside for us.

"Who's there?" A deep voice asks.

"Daniel!" The excitement gets to me and I try to get up but fall again.

"Cassandra?" I can see the torch light getting bigger until Daniel is in front of me. He leans it on the wall and helps me up. "You o-" The second I'm up I just kiss him and he kisses back. "Wait, wait, you remember?"

"Of course I remember."

"But your mom told me she had t-"

"I'll explain it to you later, but for now just kiss me."

THE END