Chapter 15

"Wow, you have such a nice house, Ms.Felsa." Michelle says when she walks in.

"Thank you, Michelle. I'll be in my room if you guys need me." My mom leaves to go upstairs.

"So what do you guys wanna do?" I ask everyone.

"How about I take you with me upstairs?" Daniel takes my hands.

"How about Cassandra has some girl time with me?" She takes my hand as well. I thought it was only in movies but I'm literally getting tugged left and right by them.

Them fighting over me has been going on for days. So long, that it's my birthday. Who would of knew Michelle and Daniel fighting over me made time fly past so fast. Two whole weeks later.

"Happy birthday!" A bunch of voices wake me up. I was about to be salty but realized it was all my friends and mom wishing me a happy birthday. Then they started singing it. And handed me a cake.

"For the birthday girl." Devin says and hands it towards me.

"Awww, thank y-" Devin pushed my face into the cake. "Devin!" I yell and start chasing him. I should have known, ever since we got home from the trip to the mall, he's been pranking me. He runs all the way to the basement. You know what, I'm not gonna chase him down there. I lock the basement door and walk away. Finally, I got Devin back. Then I go to shower.

• • • • • 45 minutes later

"Happy birthday!" Everyone says again.

"Thank you guys so much." I hug everyone saving Dani and Michelle for last. Michelle really has been an older sister to me. I remember that one time when she just told me to sit and straightened my hair. It was so pretty.

Or that other time she helped me with my makeup and now she does it anytime I ask. She took me shopping five times since our first trip. She even helped me with my Vans, she drew a bunch of Paisley designs and now they look much better than they did before.

I remember last week, she took Daniel and I to the movies, well after I begged her for a few minutes, but she took us. But she sat in between us to make sure nothing happened, Daniel moved next to me after she fell asleep.

Daniel keeps mentioning that bad feeling he has about her. I think she's ok, besides the whole hating situation they have.

But anyways, we had waffles and ice cream sundaes for breakfast. It was de-li-cious. About halfway through, I realized that Kevin kept sneaking spoonfuls of my ice cream.

We were in the car driving to wherever we were. My mom said it was a surprise since I never chose where I wanted to go. I stared through the window and saw a carnival to my right. It'd be cool to go there. And then we started turning into a parking lot.

"Oh my gosh, are we going to the carnival?" I ask excitedly.

"Yep." My mom parks.

"Go, go, go, go, go." I poke Kev and rush him because he's literally taking the longest to get out the car.

"I'm going, damn. Pressed much?" He mumbles.

"Uh duh, yea I am." I sass him back.

"You're so adorable." Daniel says then holds my hand. I drag him to the booth and fidget until my mom comes.

"Ok you guys have wristbands that lets y...." I ran as soon as she gave me the wristband to the ride I've had my eyes on. The Tecnaccion. It spins in a circle and spins around and up and down and it's just amazing!

"You're really, really excited for carnival." Daniel says out of breathe. "Your wristband." He picks it up from by my feet. I didn't even noticed I dropped it.