Chapter 13

"I'm bored." Dinah lays on my bed with her head hanging down. Kevin is sitting on the floor and plays with her hair. Devin is sitting on my bed with Tati sitting between his legs. I'm laying flat on my floor and Daniel is laying his head on my stomach.

"It's like ten o'clock, what could we possibly do?" I say.

"Sleep and cuddle." Daniel turns and lays on top of me, his head now on my chest. Why did I wear a tank top? Now this is kinda awkward, his hair is literally, like right in between there.

"Boring!" Kevin yells. He's always so damn loud, yelling all the time. "How bout we watch another scary movie?" Kevin goes to his bag and picks out The Cabin in the Woods, but Cassie over here is staying upstairs and away from that movie. I am not having any nightmares tonight.

"You guys can go, I'll be in my room like a normal person."

"Come on, Cass, you don't wanna watch the movie?" Daniel looks up at me.

"Nope."

"Not even with me?" He beams a smile.

"Nope."

"What if after I give you a surprise?" That smirk tells me he's not thinking holy right now.

"Hmm, no. Just go watch it, I'ma be up here." I get up and he tries to hold me down.

"No, don't leave me." He holds my ankle once I stand up. I yank it out of his grip and sit on my bed.

"Daniel, you coming?" Kevin asks from the door. Daniel sighs.

"I guess." He quickly gets up and 'wipes a tear' then deuces before leaving. Alright, I'm alone. What am I gonna do about those Vans? They're even worse, I washed them and now there's really a blank frame on both the shoes.

"Hey, Cassie. Where's everyone else?" My mom asks.

"Watching a scary movie."

"Oh I see," She laughs. "so you and Dani are good, right?"

"Yea, even better actually." Another huge smile sneaks onto my face.

"Aww, look how happy you are." My mom walks over and squeezes my cheeks. "So what do you want to do for your birthday?"

"I don't know, I just wanna hang out with everyone though." I shrug.

"That definitely gives me a lot to work with." We laugh. "You still have more time to decide, don't worry." My mom gets up and starts leaving. "Oh and tomorrow you guys are going to the mall with Michelle. I called her mom and talked about it. She was gonna facetime you-" Ring, ring "now."

That's gonna be so fun except for that tiny part where Michelle makes me feel super insecure. Besides that the day is gonna be cool, hopefully. Let me answer her call.

"Hey, Michelle." Aww, her dog is so cute.

"Hi Cassie, I'm so excited to go shopping tomorrow."

"Me too."

"So are you and Daniel a thing?" She asks.

"Ummm, yea, but not exactly. Well it's not officially re-"

"Wait, so you're telling me he acts like this towards you and didn't even ask you out yet?" She waits for my reply but I keep my lips zipped. "This doesn't sound too good to me."

"How, how does it sound it not too good?" I eagerly listen.

"I mean, don't take it from me it's just my opinion but, it seems like he just quickly wants to get you in bed and then he'll *click* *click* leave." She clicks her tongue and points with her thumb to her left.

"Wait, you really think so?" I don't know why I trust her opinion so much, but I do.

"Why else would he be moving so fast?" She shrugs. Just as I thought it was getting better this happens.

"It does seem like it." She nods. "Well, what do I do now?"

"Just don't let him take advantage of you yet. If he's really planning to stick with you, he'll stop when you say stop. Give it two weeks and we'll talk about it again. But for now just act casual."

"Thank you so much, I don't know what would have happened without you."

"No problem, see you tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow, bye."

"Bye." Then she hangs up. Act normal.

~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm back!" Dani runs into the room and jumps on me. He leaves kisses all over my face and tickles me a little. "I couldn't resist you, you're way better than the movie, by the way." He says.

"Tomorrow we're going to the mall with Michelle." I tell him while he plays with the ends of my hair.

"Oh."

"What's oh?" I ask curiously.

"I just don't really like her." He shrugs. Relief washes a rainfall over me.

"Why don't you like her?"

"I just have a weird feeling about her." He shrugs. "But you're way better." He starts kissing me again but this time on the lips. Daniel pushes me back on the bed and sends kisses from my neck and down but stops at my cleavage.

"Tell me when to stop," He pulls up my tank top and continues to kiss lower but stop again near my bellybutton. "only if you can't take it." Was that some type of challenge? Me, can't take it? He pulls off his shirt and comes back up to kiss my lips, but then, his hand starts to slide down.

"Stop." I blurt out. Shit. 'Who can't take it? I can't.' The cheerleaders loudly cheer in my head.

"Seriously?" He asks. I thought he would be upset at least a little but he seemed amused. I nod feeling a little embarrassed even though I don't know why I would feel embarrassed. He starts to laugh a little. "I didn't even get to touch you yet." He stops hovering over me and pulls me up so we can sit. He leans over and pulls up my tank top at the top. "Sorry, you're just tempting me." He licks his lips and smiles.

"What is......." I was about to point to that weird shape in his shorts. "nvm." He just had his hand laying there next to it like it was totally normal. I mean, I don't know, I guess it is in these types of situations. Ok, now I feel really awkward. Why is it so big? You know what, I'm just gonna stop thinking about.

"I can't even look at you, the more I do the more I just wanna..." He bites his lips and looks at me up and down. "Can you put some sweat pants on?" He asks. I look down and remember that I'm wearing shorts.

"Sure." I laugh. I walk over to my closet and look for a pair of joggers. See, I had nothing to worry about. He obviously stopped when I told him to and wasn't upset about it. But then I feel a body right behind grabbing my hips. Daniel turns me around and pulls me really close.

"You sure you wanted me to stop?"