Chapter 19

"Mom." I hug her crying like crazy.

"Aw honey, it's ok." She rubs my back.

"I really liked him." Tears runs down my face. "I loved him, mom." I sniffle twice.

"I know chica, let's just get away from this area." She slowly lets go and opens the door for me.

• • • • • Twenty minutes later

My mom opens the door and it's literally silent in the house besides my sniffles. I turn to my mom and she has a worried face.

"Stay here." My mom whispers and grabs something then quietly goes upstairs. All of a sudden I hear a bunch of bangs and thumps then silence again.

"Cassandra, come upstairs." A voice says. Shit. Why did I have to tell Daniel? If I didn't none of this would of have happened. And I would still be with Daniel. But now I have to go upstairs to whatever awaits me.

"Breathe, Cassandra, breathe." I try to calm myself down but I'm truly scared for my life right now. When I get upstairs Tati, D, Kev, and Dev are tied up back to back by their hands and a big scary man holds my mom's hands behind her back.

"Cassandra, you made it, great. I'm gonna make this easy and simple for you, just tell me the password and we can leave everyone alone." A boy my age says.

"Don't listen to him, Cassie." My mom says.

"Shut up, lady! Just tell me, Cassie." He mocks my mom. "If you don't, they'll be hurt." He looks around at everyone. "Think about it." He pulls out a small box from his back pocket.

"John, don't do this." I turn around and see Daniel. His hair is wet and sticking to his forehead from all the sweat and he's breathing really hard, he ran here.

"Heard they stole your car, yikes, you must be exhausted." John says.

"Just let them go."

"Wait, Daniel, you really care for this chick?" He laughs. Daniel looks at me and nods. "Oh, I'm sorry man, I-I" his tone was softer. "I didn't realize how such a wuss you are." He laughs and starts to walk towards me.

"John." Daniel says in a warning tone.

"What, I'm not gonna do anything." He winks at Daniel then continues to walk to me. "Dani-boy, you know the password, right?" John stops right in front of me and stares into my eyes. "How about you tell me? If you don't I might have some time with your girl here." He looks me up and down and licks his lips.

"Come on, John, you're not really gonna...." Daniel fades off. His eyes dart between us. "You can't." Daniel does a quick nod and raises one eyebrow as if they have a secret language. He seemed to know what it had meant because he started laughing again.

"Wow, you didn't even get to...yet. Oh well." He shrugs. "So, the password? Tell me." He crosses his arms waiting for Daniel. Daniel looks around at all of us and sighs.

"Yea, I was finna smash tonight buh you came a bit early." He has an amused face and they both laugh. He was just bait so I can give him the password, everything was fake. All he wanted was to get I bed with me. I've never felt this hurt.

"Awesome, let's talk in the hall, wouldn't want them to hear." He glances at Kev and them rubbing his hands together. My mom and I have the maddest faces. I shouldn't be surprised he never loved me anyway, it's the password over everything.

But right before he turns the corner, he winks at me and my mom with a straight face. We look at each other then back at the door. After a while they come back.

"Alright, let them go." John walks in with a satisfied smile. The scary man lets go of my mom and unties everyone else. We all hug each other except Daniel, he just stares from next to John. "Let's go, D." He pats Daniel's shoulder and starts to walk out.

Daniel looks so nervous. He purses his lips and wipes his sweaty hands on his jeans. He puts his hands in his pocket and we make eye contact. Kevin's hugging me so I stare over his shoulder at Daniel.

"Aye, Daniel," John snaps at him and he jumps a little. "We leaving." Daniel takes one last glance and leaves.

"You ok?" Kevin has his hands on my shoulder and asks.

"Yea, I'm fine." I give him a fake small smile and he goes on to hug Dinah. She looks so happy.

"I would say we need a plan but I'm not sure." My mom whispers. "I don't think Daniel told him. He winked before he left. And the way he was with Cassandra before he said that, I truly believe he lied for her."

"John told us about the whole organization stuff but Daniel never acted with a girl like he did with you." Dev says and Kev nods.

"I feel like he lied about that stuff just to keep us safe." Kev adds.

"Cassandra, he risked his life for you, once John finds out the password doesn't work, he'll be so furious." My mom tells me. All this time I thought he was just playing bait, but he actually loved me. We gotta find a way to help him before it's too late.