Chapter 17

"What took you so long?" Daniel asks when I walk in.

"I just had to help my mom with something." I sit next to him.

"Don't forget to take off your makeup." Michelle says.

"True." I go to the bathroom and use a wipe to take off my mascara.

• • • • • Five minutes later

"You're still taking off your makeup?" Daniel closes the bathroom door behind him.

"Yes, I thought I could try this makeup thing you know for everyday, but I can't be standing here for five minutes every night taking this stuff off my eye. I think I'm almost done though." Then I hear a pssss sound. Do I really wanna turn around? "Ummm, Daniel, are you using the bathroom?"

"Yea." He says.

Pssss

How is he still peeing?

Pssss Pss Ps Pss

"Scuse' me." He slides next to me and washes his hand in the sink. He just peed, while I was in the bathroom, taking off my makeup. Okay. I guess that's normal.

"Shame, Dani-boy." Devin wipes shame off his finger at Daniel. "You probably scared the poor girl, look at her, scarred." Daniel laughs.

"Nah, she didn't look." Daniel looks at me up and down then shakes his head no at Devin. Then they do it back at each other and start mumbling gibberish.

"She ain't........, nah...." Is all I understood from their little moment. Boys are something else. Then Kevin joins.

"You know they all.......yeaaaah, they......man." Yep, definitely a guy thing.

"Hey, babe." Daniel sticks his hand out. "We know you.......It all good though." Then Kev started playing a bunch of songs and they started dancing. It was really funny.

"What time is it?" Dinah asks.

"Nine forty four." Tati says then nods at Dinah and they go downstairs. A couple minutes later they come back up with my mom and a cake.

"You never actually got your cake so here it is." Tati narrows her eyes at Devin and he winks at her. The never ending flirting.

"Aww, thank you." I walk over and cut a slice.

"Your welcome." Devin takes the first one.

Knockity-knock knock, knock knock

"I'll get it." I run downstairs with my cake.

"Hi!" They enthusiasticly say with plants in front of their faces. "We're selling tiny plants for five bucks! Would you like to buy some?" They say at the same time.

"Tiny plants, huh?" Daniel comes behind him and looks over my shoulder at them.

"Yep." The one with the blue hair nods.

"We'll take those two." Daniel gives her ten bucks. She hands us the plants and puts the money in her pocket.

"Have a nice day!" They say at the same time again.

"You too." Daniel closes the door.

"That was weird." I say and he nods.

"These are some cute plants though." He puts them on the table. "I'm so happy you're my girlfriend." He literally lays on top of me and plays in my hair.

"Are you about to sleep?"

"Mhm." He nods.

"Awww, young love." My mom ruffles Dani's hair and taps my nose.

• • • • • 1 week later

"Ms.Felsa, can I take your daughter out?" Daniel asks.

"Now? It's almost ten."

"Please?"

"Okay, have fun." My mom goes upstairs.

"Come on, mami. Leggo." Daniel hops up and pulls his jeans up a little. He texts on his phone.

"Why can't we wait till tomorrow?"

"My mom already said I could borrow her car, let's go." He pulls me up.

"But I'm tired." I mumble and sit back down. He pulls me back up and taps my butt.

"Hurry up, come on." He slips on his shoes and a jacket. By the time he's done, I finally get one shoe on. "Cassandra." He says exasperated and starts to tie my shoe so I put on the other one. Woah, he ties so fast.

"Where are we going?" He helps me put on my sweatshirt and pulls my hair out.

"To a place." Daniel takes my hand then leads me to the car and opens the door for me.

"Why can't you just tell me?"

"Seatbelt." He starts the car and I put it on.

"Dani."

"Cassie." He says back.

"How far is it?"

"Half an hour."

"Seriously, can't you at least tell me where it is?" He turns up the volume and starts singing along. "Noooo, tell me where it is."

"You'll see when we get there."

"Why'd you bring the plants?"

"You'll see when we get there."

• • • • • Twenty nine minutes later

"This is the place?" We literally parked in an empty parking lot. I feel like we're gonna get abducted by aliens here. He just takes my hand and he climbs over a railing. "Is this legal?"

"Just climb, Cassandra." Daniel waves me over. I climb over and we walk across a green field.

"This is the place." He slides over a bunch of vines and we walk into a cave. "Wait here." He lets go of my hand and walks into the darkness.

"Daniel?" I whisper out. Ok, now I'm scared. He just left me in the middle of a dark cave, not even by a wall.

"Boo." He yells and I scream.

"You scared the shit out of me." He gives me a hug, his laugh echoes through the cave.

"I'm sorry, babe, I just had to. Love you." He kisses me on the cheek.

"Yea, yea, love you too." I kiss him back. He slides something on the wall and a fire comes up. A torch, cool. "Why couldn't I just come with you?"

"Because you would of..." I trip over a rock but he catches me. "...tripped over a rock." Finally we stop.

"Oh my gosh, Daniel, did you make this?" He sits down and puts the plants on a rock table.

"Well, Jai, Kev, Dev, and Jon my cousin did." He has a rock living room, in a cave, I think I have the coolest boyfriend hands down. "We made a pact that only us guys can come down here, unless we meet the girl of our dreams. So, now you're down here." He puts his arm around me.

~~~~~~~~~~

We ended up talking forever and about anything. We got so deep and personal, man. He even told me how he cries everytime Mariah goes to the hospital. "Even for a checkup." He chuckled. Most of the conversation I just listened and played with his fingers, but I think I have something to say now.

"I wanna get something off my chest." I sigh.

"Go ahead, babe, I'm all ears."