Chapter 10

The movie was really good, but sitting next to Daniel was low-key better. Why do some guys just have that reflex where they put their hand on your thigh? And then he started rubbing circles with his thumb, like Gah-ly! But once he started moving up I remember I can't let him move this fast. I have to resist him a bit.

"Ok, guys you know the drill, boys that way girls this way." My mom says and we walk in the changing area.

"Whoever finishes changing first wins!" Tati yells and runs into a stall. Dinah and I look at each other then run into one as well. I change as fast as I can but still walk out to someone already there. Dinah sits on the bench chilling on her phone.

"What took you guys so long?" She asks then Tati comes out.

"What took us so long? How'd you get out so fast?" I ask her and she laughs.

"A magician never tells his secrets."

"Oh yea, I almost forgot. She took that fast changing class thing for a month." Tati says.

"Well I win, anyways let's go." Dinah tries not to act excited but you can easily see that she's super happy. I don't think she's excited about the slides but more about seeing Kevin shirtless.

"Hey, girls." My mom waves at us.

"How'd you get here so fast?" Dinah asks.

"She taught a fast changing class for a year." I say and my mom nods.

"Well at least I was second." Dinah shrugs.

"Not quite." My mom points to a slide and at the top about to go, are the boys.

"They don't count, they're boys." She makes my mom laugh.

"I don't wanna cut out your fun time, go have fun with the boys. I'll talk to you guys later." We wave bye to my mom.

"Let's go on that one." Tati points to a red and yellow slide. The line isn't too long, but it isn't short.

"Those guys behind have been checking you out for like the longest." A girl in front of us turns around to whisper. We all try to nonchalantly turn around and the guys all look up to our faces. Devin just had a straight face, Kevin was in the middle of licking his lips, and Daniel was just smiling, more like smirking.

"Yea, we know them." I whisper back to her and she laughs.

"You guys lucky you came with someone. I just came with my little sis that's for real scared to ride anything." She rolls her eyes but smiles at us.

"You cool, you can hang with us." Tati says.

"Bet. What are your names?" She asks.

"Tatiana."

"Dinah."

"Cassandra." We all turn around to the boys and they don't even look like they were paying attention. Devin was checking out Tati again, Kevin was staring off in space over the staircase, and Daniel was playing with his hair. Dinah clears her throat to get their attention.

"Yea, I totally agree with Dinah, all day everyday, she right." Kevin blurts out.

"Um, thanks for agreeing." Dinah giggles.

"No problem." Kevin goes back to staring into space.

"Anyways, this is Daniel, Devin, and Kevin." I introduce them.

"I'm Michelle." She turns to the lifeguard and he nods for her to go. "Meet you guys at the bottom."

~~~~~~~~~~