Chapter 4

"Hi mom, this is two of Cassandra's friends. They're gonna be at the dinner so we're gonna chill here for a bit." Daniel tells his mom who's feeding the baby.

"I'm Tatiana."

"I'm Dinah." They both shake his mom's hand.

"Hi Cassandra." His mom says.

"Hi."

"OK, have fun guys." She continues feeding the baby. Daniel leads us to his basement and we all sit on the couch and bean bag chairs.

• • • • • Twenty five minutes later

We ended up talking about a lot of things and played a little bit. Kevin and D were so cute together. They kept throwing pillows at each other. Devin and Tati have been lowkey flirting the whole time.

Everyone turns their head to the footsteps going down the stairs. A really short girl and a guy come down. The girl has a huge smile and sits in one of the bean bag chairs next to the guy.

"What's up?" Daniel asks them.

"Nothing." They say at the same time. "Just wanted to see what my Lil bro was up to. Mom told me you have girls over." The girl smiles and says hi to us.

"Hey ladies, I'm Jaiden, the obviously cuter brother, as you can see." He strokes his chin and we laugh.

"Get out of here." Daniel laughs and throws a pillow at him.

"So what are your names?" The girl asks us.

"I'm Dinah."

"Tatiana."

"Cassandra."

"Nice to meet you guys, I'm Mariah, the oldest and the favorite child." She does a peace sign pose.

"You both know I'm the favorite." Daniel gets hit with pillows that Mariah and Jaiden threw.

"Sorry but I'm the favorite." A man, I'm guessing his dad, comes the down stairs.

"You're not even a child!" They all say at the same time. Their dad laughs.

"Anyways, hi I'm Daniel's dad." He waves at us and we wave back.

"This is Tatiana, Dinah, and Cassandra."

"Awesome, I'll see you guys later." He gets whatever he was looking for then goes back upstairs.

• • • • • 1 hour later

'If you broke then that should be against, the law' My ringtone rings and I answer my phone.

"Hey mom, what up?"

"They just finished the dining room and your bedroom. Do you wanna come over and place your clothes?"

"Oh true, OK I'm coming right now."

"OK bye."

"Bye." Then I hang up the phone. "Sorry guys but I gotta go again, my mom needs me."

"You can't stay a little longer?" Daniel stops me from walking by holding my hand.

"I won't take long, when I'm done I'll come right back. See you later everyone." They all say bye. When I get upstairs I say bye to his parents and their cute baby.

I walk in to eight men eating my mom's special Alfredo. Wow, she wasn't kidding about making a batch for them. I go upstairs and close the door behind me. This room is amazing!

• • • • • 1 hour later

Finally, everything is set in my room and it's only.....six. My room has a freaking bathroom in it! I gotta use it. I run inside and use the bathroom. My lights are pink and purple. I'm really, really liking this move.

"Hi Cassandra!" I pause in my steps leaving the bathroom. When I look up I see Tati, Devin, and D sitting on my bed and Daniel and Kevin sitting on my bean bag chairs.

"When did you guys get here?"

"We were bored without you and your mom said we can just come to your room. You have a really nice room by the way." Tati looks around at it again.

To think I just met these people and now they're in my bedroom. My mom must really like them. I pull my third bean bag chair in between Kevin and Daniel and sit in it.

"Aye, who was that girl Daniel called pretty again?" Kevin glances at Daniel through the corner of his eye then looks at Devin.

"Oooohhh yea, who was that? Didn't he say he really liked her hair, too?" Devin scratches his chin and everyone in the room stares at me and Daniel. He slightly shakes his head at them silently begging for them to chill.

"Right, what was the first letter, K? Wasn't it" He starts snapping his fingers. "C-Ca-Ca-Cassa," He sucks his teeth. "nah, maybe it was a C." Kevin and Devin laugh. Daniel stands up and runs his hands through his hair.

"Ca-Ca-Can you guys like chill?" He mocks Kevin. Daniel glares at Devin and Kevin before leaving the room.

"So C-C-Cassandra, who do you think it is?" Devin asks me. Obviously it's me but I'm not gonna say that. Now I'm beyond flattered and probably bl-

"Awww, she's blushing!" Tatiana jumps and squeezes next to me in my seat. "Look at your wittle red cheeks. OMG, you're blushing, your face is so red!" She pinches my cheeks. I really hope Daniel doesn't come back and see-"

"Are you blushing?" He blurts out right when he walks in. I quickly bury my face in my hands. "You see what you two did. Now she's blushing in front of everyone." Daniel points at Devin and Kevin. Everyone starts laughing again.

"What's going on here, guys?" My mom says from the doorway. I have a bad feeling about my mom coming so suddenly, feel like she's planned to say something.

"Nothing much, just embarrassing friends." Dinah says. My mom raises her eyebrows and purses her lips.

"I'll have a try." Oh no, here it comes. "He doesn't know I saw him but," I have my fingers crossed hoping the him isn't Daniel. "Devin," Thank the Lord I'm saved from her mouth. "was catching a nice view of Tatiana's not so Tati-Tiny behind."

Everyone busts out laughing except for Devin and Tati. Tati's mouth drops then she closes it into a semi-permanent smile and holds her head up in her palm. Devin mouths 'yikes' and twists his hair feeling very embarrassed.

"I think my work here is done." My mom says laughing herself then leaves the room.