34: If the world

*****Crystal's P.O.V.*****

If the world would end today
And all the dreams we had
Would all just drift away
You know there's nothing more to say
if the world would end
And our love slipped away

I never knew the way that you look at me
Would ever mean so much to me
But in my heart I found
The feelings that I've never shown
And now they've
Got the best of me

If the world would end today
then all the dreams we've had
Would all just drift away
You know there's nothing more to say
If the world would end
And our love slipped away

Oooh,
La la ...
La la ...

I never thought all the love I was lookin' for
Could ever be so close to me
But you're the only one
I have ever loved that has ever loved me
And now you've got the best of me

If the world would end today
And all the dreams we had
Would all just drift away
You know there's nothing more to say

If the world would end today
And all the dreams we had
Would all just drift away
You know there's nothing more to say
If the world would end
And our love slipped away
If the world would end
And our love slipped away . . .

The song came into an end, leaving me intoxicated and flying away in the memories that flooded my mind. No matter how much he have changed, I still admire the way he sings. Today, Tommy and I are supposed to be getting married. We were happy and I thought we were perfect, but I feel guilty and selfish deep inside. So a few days ago, I broke up with Tommy. I left him, took a very short break, prepped up myself and finally, I'm here to settle things down with Axl. I wanted to start over again with him and be with my daughter again. I felt like it's the best idea to make it up to her.

I watched Axl trudge down the stage, joining the staffs and technicians waiting for him. His eyes darted towards my direction as I stand there like a little girl, lost in the crowd of audiences that are heading out of the arena. The rockstar didn't even reacted, he quickly turned around like he didn't saw me. It broke my heart. I went to the backstage all by myself. The first person I saw are women in skimpy outfits. One of them was over a glass table crawling like a kitten, begging for the rockstar's attention.

"Later baby, I'm talking to my manager" Axl said to the slut.

"Excuse me?" I cleared my throat, arching an eyebrow at the slut over the table. "Shoo, bitch"

She rolled her eyes at me before jumping off the table, heading out of the backstage together with the other women roaming around.

"Crystal?" Axl shook his head, smiling sarcastically. "What are you doing here, scaring off my girls?"

"Aren't you glad that I'm here?" I crossed my arms. I'm afraid at the tone of his voice. I couldn't read it anymore.

He slammed the bottle of vodka over the table, giving me another sneering look. "I thought you're about to marry Tommy Lee. Don't need my permission, I really don't give a fuck about it"

"Please, let's not talk about that Axl. I'm here to start over" I said before clenching my jaw, holding back the pain that his words gave me.

He looked at me with furrowed brows. "You're free to live your own life. I don't mind if you'll totally forget about me when time comes. I've been always alone"

His words hurted like needles, being pressed against my bleeding heart.

"If you only know. No matter how much I try to get over you . . . my heart still longs for you" I took in a deep breath, it's been an old line that I always tell him.

"I don't want to hear that same old shit" he grumbled.

"I'm still that same naive and stupid fan of yours. I have loved you from the very beginning. It's just I've been so immature and terrified that I left you for how many times"

"We are wasting our lives in pride and biterness from the past" I walked towards him, cupping his face with my hands. "Most of all, I know messed things up, we have a child and we're supposed to be a happy family. I'm willing to make it up to you and to our daughter. If you'll let me"

"I don't know" he sighed as he glared down on the floor. "There you go again with your promises"

"This time I mean it. Give me one last chance dear. Start over with me, please?" I sat beside him and held his hand, intertwinning our fingers like we used to do. The anger and fury inside of him slowly went down.

Without uttering another word, he embraced me tighter than ever, "Don't ever leave me, Crystal"

"We'll be together forever"

We just stayed like that for a while, letting the rockstar pour down his sentiments as we cuddle one another.

*  *  *

"You've been watching there all the time?" Axl asked me while he was driving.

Finally, I'm coming back to our home. Heal the scars and fill up everything that I missed about my daughter's life. "Uh-huh, I think I'm in love with the last song" I admitted, blushing a little bit as I look out of the window.

He chuckled, "Who are you kidding Crystal? It's just another song about you. Another song I wrote when I thought I can never have you again. It's called If the world"

"I know, it's beautiful" I said softly, laying a hand on his lap. Making him glare at me a little bit. But he immediately focused on his driving.

My throat seemed to be dried in nervousness. But I forced myself to speak  anyway, "Can I say something?"

"Yeah sure, go ahead, love"

"Let's get married again" I said softly, almost stuttering a little bit.

He may not be as sweet and as gentle as Tommy Lee but he's the man I wanted to be with for the rest of my life. I have put up with his adorable side and with the monsters that haunted him from the past. He was a scarred soul and I know he always need me.

A smile crept on his face. "I'd love to"

A|N:

Just as promised readers, Crystal and Axl will reunite after so many years❤❤ Done this in rush to give you an update as soon as I can.

I really planned to write more chapters of this book but I just can't wait to give this a happy ending. We'll have one last chapter after this, an epilogue and a little author's note. Then, its over :)

BTW, Rhythm of the Heart is done! I'm uploading book 2 of my GN'R series soon. Message me for more info. Also shout out to those Black Veil Brides fans who messaged me the past few months, I've already started my Andy Biersack fanfiction. If you're determined to read it, just tell me ;)

Take care everyone!
Anyway, how's this chapter guys? Ready to say goodbye?

Comment and Vote❤