1: Jumpin' out of the window

December 12, 2007|Helsinki, Finland

The house was in dead silence. The chirping of crickets and the sound of distant night clubs filled the atmosphere. I've just turned fifteen last week but I still feel the childish fears that bothered me for years ever since I was separated from my parents. Curse my mother for everything, she didn't actually protected me. Instead, I was deprived from the love and care I need and made me insecured from other teen around me who have their family around them. What hurted me most is, she never showed up. My yearning for a parent makes me wear in tears, feel scared and be rebellious. Maybe its because they were both known worldwide and they rathered to be famous celebrities for life than to take care of me. My mother was a supermodel while my father is a rockstar.

It's twelve in the midnight and everyone's asleep. I can't even sleep so I'm gonna sneak out of this hellhole and meet up with my prince of dark romance. He's my secret relationship, he's all I got and if my grandma founds out about him, she would set us apart and I'll lost my comfort zone. I striped off my nightwear and got dressed up in a tight leather pants, a dark hoodie and goth boots to protect myself from the freezing December night of Finland. Leaning into the window, I could see the bright Christmas lights, snowmans and other decors all over the rooftops and  yards of our neiborhood. These people were lucky to have a 'Silent Night'.

I climbed out of the window my gaze fell on the thick layer of snow on the roof. But still, I did this for many times so I'm not afraid at all. Grabbing on to the waterspout, I slowly climbed down till my feet stepped on the ground.

Näkemiin! I'm fucking free. I was giggling continuously to myself as I sprint down the streets, getting farther and farther, passing by the brightly-lighted houses.

I stopped when I reached the mainroad and shove my phone out of my pocket. There are still a few vehicles passing by and people roaming around so I wasn't alone at all. While I was waiting for someone to asnwer my call, I noticed the cloud of mist escaping my lips as I breath hastily.

"Hei" said the deep, Finnish voice that lightened up my mood.

"Hun, it's me" I rolled my eyes. He didn't recognized my number because I used a new one.

"Oh, hallo my sweet angel"

"Don't make me fucking wait. It's cold out here"

That's right, I've been in this country for ten years but I still sounded like an American kid.

"Coming my lady. I swear, just look around" he said in a very seductive tone. So that means he's not the one who'll pick me up!

I hung up the phone, wrapping my arms around myself, trembling at the freezing weather.

This is much better than being at home. There would be a warm, comfortable bed near the fireplace but I feel nothing but boredom. I've had enough it!

Finally, I see a familiar motorbike coming at my direction, it pulled up near me. The driver took off his helmet, revealing the charming guy with long, blond dreadlocks. He's the band's guitarist, Mikkó Lindström,  he was called 'Linde' most of the time.

"Sorry I'm late" he smiled apologetically, handing me another helmet.

"Aww, I can't stay mad at you Linde" I giggled, putting on the helmet and then I hopped behind the blonde guitarist.

***

We reached their place within a couple of minutes. It's quite far and Linde have to drive slowly because of the snow, almost covering the road. A huge, gothic tower stood infront of us behind the gates with vines creeping on to its grills. This is where I hang out whenever I sneak out of our house. You'd mistake this place as old and haunted but you don't know what's waiting for you inside.

Linde signaled the guards to open the gates. Then, he parked his motorbike at the beautiful front yard  sourounded by bushes of red roses. There was a fountain at the center which was a few steps away from the frontdoor. Since it's winter, the water stopped flowing out from the stone statues and the roses are more beautiful when spring comes. I also noticed the crescent moon and the billions of stars above that are really visible.

"Are you alright?" Linde noticed how silent I was. "How was your party last week?"

"It's not for me. It's a fucking children's party" I muttered.

"It sucks to be you" he chuckled.

"What did you just said?" I slapped his arm and he laughed even more.

"But it's true-"

"I know!" I dared to hit him again but he caught my hand, we both stopped by the front door. 

"See? I wouldn't wonder why they treat you like a lil' girl" he grinned and it's very cute!

I held on to his neck and kissed him on the cheek, leaving a purle kiss mark on his face.

"Hey! No!" he stepped away in surprise. I know how much I crashed his innocence and I liked it.

"Don't do that!" he wiped the side of his cheek, discovering the kiss mark that I gave him. "And the lipstick! You're gonna kill me!"

I giggled at his reaction. "Who's the kid?"

"Ugh, just go see your boyfriend" he rolled his eyes, blushing in embarrassment.

"See ya around!" I winked at him before entering the foyer. Damn, I can't wait to see him!

A/N:

That would be all for the first chapter. Barbara is really a combination of Crystal who was sexy, pretty and flirty and Axl who loves play with other's innocence. She's also a real badass and loves gothic rock fashion.

I used some Finnish words if you've noticed. I think you could finally guess the mysterious band I was about to feature. So one answer for the next chapter

;)

READ, COMMENT, VOTE