The mechanic

Danny POV

Right now I'm outside the boys locker room after practice. Waiting for the boys to come out.

After a while the boys come out with Drew on the phone.

"..ok..where are you..... Ok...I'll ask coach...ok I'll see you as soon as I find coach..ok bye." Drew hung up the phone and groaned.

"What up Drew?" I asked standing up.

"Moms thinks her battery died at Walmart so I have to ask coach for a ride." Drew stated.

"Well he walked out to the lot a few minutes ago." I said pointing towards the lot.

"Ok I'll be back." He said walking off.

"Can I come?" I said running up next to him.

"Yeah come on." He said walking up to a furious coach.

"Hey coach what's wrong?" We say at the same time walking up to him.

"Flat tire." He said running his hand threw his hair.

"Can't you change it?" I asked.

"I don't know how. I have to go to a shop. " He said.

"No too expensive I'll do it in no time." I said walking up to his car.

"You can?" Coach said.

"Yup I'll be done in no time. In mean time Drew dont you have Something to ask." I said getting all the tools out. And getting to work as they watch me and talk.

"Ok done." I said getting off the floor and wiping my hands and my sweat rag than realizing a lot of guys from the team watching me and talking.

"Dang she's good." Coach said checking it out." Thank you how much do I owe you?" He asked taking out his wallet.

"Nothing just the ride that Drew asked about and thats it." I said pushing away the money he was handing me.

"Deal. Get in." He said getting in.

"Damn no wonder Drew called dibs." I heard Trent mumble. "Ow what the heck man."

"Shut up." Drew said threw clenched teeth. I acted like I didn't hear that.

"Let's go Garcia." I shouted getting into the car after putting everything away. He got in the back with me since Anthony had shotgun and we headed to Walmart.

We parked next to Drew's moms car and got out.

"Ok thank you its just that I don't have a number for a tow truck." Maria, Drew's mom, said.

"No need we brought a mechanic." Drew said getting out.

"Oh ok where?" She asked.

"Right here." I said raising my hand.

"Yup its true she just fixed my flat tire." Coach said pointing to the tire.

"Ok than do your job than." She said pointing to the car. I walked up to the car and popped the hood. I checked it out and it was leaking so its won't work.

"Ok so you battery is cracked and leaking acid so we have to get a new one. Since there is an auto zone down the street I can go buy one." I exclaimed.

"Wow she is good. Ok so let's just leave it here I don't have money for the new battery." She said.

"Ok so I'll buy it." I said turning around.

"Its okay sweetie we can come tomorrow." She said stopping me.

"Nope I'll be back." I continued walking.

"Hold up I'm coming." Drew said running up to me. We started walking and talking.

"I was wondering. I know we just met a few days ago and all but I wanted to know if ...um..you..ugh...never mind." He said. I thought he was gonna ask me out I wish he did.

"No what were you gonna ask." I asked walking into the store towards the batteries.

"I just wanted to know if you wanted to go out with me tomorrow?" Holy shit he actually asked.

"Yes. I mean yeah sure." I said trying to act cool but inside I'm screaming.

"Oh thank god I thought you might say no." He said as we found the battery and we walked to the register to pay and head back to the car.

"Why would I?" I asked curious for his reasoning.

"I dont know." He replied looking at his feet.

"Ok let's just fix this and go home wait weres your mom?" I asked looking for her.

"I don't know let me call her." He said pulling out his phone as I start putting the battery in and doing everything else.

"Ok so she said she got tired so coach gave her a rid back home so I drive." He says as I close the hood.

"Wait you have your permit?" I asked.

"Yes I'm 16." He said hopping in.

"So am i but i havent yet!" i whined hopping in. On the way home we listen to music while singing along sometimes. He parked in the drive way and got out after turning the car off. As his mom walked out.

"Thanks again Danny how can i repay you?" she said giving me a hug.

"Mom you dont have to ill repay her." Drew said butting in.

"How?" she asked sounding very interested.

"A date tomorrow." he said turning red.

Wait is he blushing? Omg hes blushing!!

"Oh my goodness you finally grew some!" she said hugging Drew as i burst out laughing.

"MOM!!!!!!" Drew yelled turning even redder.

"Okay enjoy your new pair but i got to go." i said pulling out my board from the car.

"Really??" he said glaring at me which made me laugh more.

"Yup bye" i said hopping on to my board.

"Bye Danny." he yelled as i rode away.

"Im home!" i yelled as i walked in.

"Hey sweetie how was your day?" my dad said as i walked into the kitchen.

"Awesome. I had a good day. First I over heard you and Drew talking about me, than i fixed coaches flat tire, also fixed Maria's car, than Drew asked me out on a date for tomorrow." i said as i got an apple and took a bite.

"Ahh he finally grew a pair after he asked for my permission." he said hugging me.

"Okay you and his mom said the same thing and its wierd. And he asked for permission? When?" i asked

"Monday." he said.

"Okay well ima go to bed, night." i said heading up stairs and taking out my phone and texting Daisy while laying on my bed.

Convo (daisy= d) (danny= me)

Me= I got a date with Drew

D= when??

Me= tomorrow idk on the time tho."

D= ok but you i need details.

Me= ok ill tell yo tomorrow, night.

D= fine night.

End of convo

With that i fell asleep wondering what we are going todo.

_________________________________________

1123 words