Chapter 1

Bea's POV

"Ponggay!"I shouted. Wew,buti na lang nakarating na ako. Kanina pa ako ikot nang ikot dito kakahanap sa kaniya,nahilo na ako't lahat wala pa rin siya.

"Yo,Beadel! I love-----Ouch"she cried because I hurriedly hit her open arms. She's gonna hug me,yes but I'm tired.

"That's for being so late. Come on,Ponggay",inabot ko sa kaniya yung mga pinamili namin and hurried back sa dorm. Ugh,this is exhausting."Ate's gonna punish us for being late and it's all because of you"

"Come on,Isabel. Ate won't mind,may date yun with Rex",she just rolled her eyes,minsan talaga walang galang 'tong batang 'to eh,"May sasabihin pala si Ate"

"Ano daw yun?"

"Secret"she winked and flip her hair. This girl is so irritating but I love her,"You'll see"

"Okay,fine"

***

Nakarating na kami sa dorm and I was susprised to see ate Ther with all her bags around her.

"You said she has a date"siniko ko si Ponggay and she smiled and mouthed the word 'sorry',"Hello there older Gaston!"

"Hey,Beadel! I missed you"and she hugged me and after a while ay piningot niya na kami. Ugh,ang sakit.

"Ate,stop it! Isusumbong kita kay Pa----Ouchyyy"

"You missing me so much hurts a lot,you know" sabi ko while rubbing my ears. God,ang sakit.

"And why are you two late? I've been calling you and no one ever bothered to check their phones!"she scolded us and Ponggay just shake her off at kinuha ang bags niya.

"Let's go"

"And where the hell are we going? Kararating ko lang and you're gonna------ahduwhhsjsbh"ate Ther put something in my mouth to stop me from nagging and it tastes salty. Yuck.

"Quiet and go faster"she just said and ran so we just followed her with all our pinamili na hindi ko manlang naiwanan sa dorm. The hell and before anything else I spat the thing ate Ther put in my mouth and shocked to see that it was a muscle tape.

"Pwe! What the hell is wrong with your ate?"I asked Ponggay while running but she just shrugged her shoulders and I ran faster to hit the older Gaston but failed to do so. Ugh!

"Pasok!"sigaw niya kaya naman ang kararating lang na si Ponggay ay kumaripas ng takbo at nabunggo pa ako. Wow,they left me with all their bags outside this freaking gym.

Sometimes,I hate my cousins.

I gathered all the bags and paper bags at pumasok sa gym and I really looked like a freaking yaya here.

Everyone was looking at me and I just smiled at them and sat where ate Ther pointed. I have no choice but to obey her,after all siya ang guardian namin ng makulit na si Ponggay.

Naupo na ako and texted Mom and Dad. Gosh,I'm missing them so much kahit na one week pa lang ako dito sa Ateneo. Wala akong inuuwian,wala yung dog ko and I have no one to run to whenever I feel like crying,whenever I'm sad and everything.

I just watched them doing drills and I didn't know Ponggay can be so serious. Nakakatakot naman kasi yung coach nila eh. Parang mangangain ng tao dahil sa sobrang singkit ng mata and he utter words like 'happy! happy!' just like what ate Ther told us.

I closed my eyes and I was about to fall asleep when someone opened my eyes and her face is just inches away from me.

"Who are you?"I asked and moved away from her oh so cute face. Yeah,she's a cutie.

"Jia,setter ng team and they're asking if you want to join? Kulang kami eh"

"Join what?"

"Obviously,volleyball. Tsk,if you don't want eh di wag. Tara na baby"saka ko lang napansin yung girl na kasama niya at holding hands sila and my eyes literally grew bigger. Are...are they...ugh. I just pouted and the other girl pinched my nose.

"Don't be sad baby girl. Everything will be alright"she winked and followed the Jia girl at umakbay siya dito. I...can't find the words to say.

"Bea,come on!"sigaw ni ate Ther and napatayo ako bigla. Nakakagulat naman kasi eh. She's asking me to go there and I just shook my head no. I won't play. Ayoko and I'm afraid.

"Hey there,Beadel! Let's go it's so fun"sigaw ni Ponggay and she instantly spiked a ball towards me and all I did was to catch it.

"Serve"and that voice just sent shivers to me. I looked at her and found a smiling Alyssa "Phenom" Valdez.

Everyone was waiting and I nervously smiled at them. I looked at the ball,took a deep breath and slowly went to the service area. And Ponggay started a cheer that made me more nervous.

I hate you,Ponggay. You are so gonna pay for this one.

"Go BEADEL!!!"

"GO BEA!"

"WOOOHHH!"

Sigawan nila at wala na akong nagawa kaya sinerve ko na and I thought tapos na ang trabaho ko but hinila nila ako at naglaro kami ng volleyball.

I was amazed by number 15 everyone called Jho. Ang galing niya and everytime she scores she smiles and she unconsciously holds my hand and I instantly smiled.

"Block ka,Bea"utos ni Jia masungit na siyang teammate ko,setter namin kaya wala na akong nagawa but to do what she said.

"The Alyssa Valdez spikes and she doesn't score,it was a solid block coming from the great Bea De Leon!"someone shouted and it was no other than Ponggay.

I looked at their faces and almost laugh because they're on their shocked faces including ate Ther but she smiled and winked at me. Gods,please don't.

"Guess we have a new player then"

"I agree. Tara,let's rest and do what we can do to have Bea in our team"

---

And that hell happened a week ago and I was here sitting wondering what I did wrong because my grades are failing.

"Bei,it's okay. Babawi ka naman diba?"Ponggay,if I don't know you I would suspect you for being a mushroom.

"Yeah but I still can't accept it"

"So you're being sad and doesn't want to talk to people?"

"You'll love it,Ponggay. It's my way eh. You can't do something about it"

"Hayst,sana pala iba na lang roommate ko"

"You don't like me?"I asked like a child and she just smiled.

"Kind of"she said nonchalantly and I instantly hit her head,"Ouch. Mean"

"You're the mean one here"

"Sorry. Tara,hinahanap tayo sa baba. Roommates are coming"

Yes,they offered us to stay at their dorm since we have morning trainings and yung dati naming dorm is away from them mga 30 meters lang.

"What?!"

Ayaw talaga ako nitong babaeng 'to eh. She flipped her hair but she grabbed me and we went downstairs just to see everyone gathered there and I was so shocked to see someone eating Yum Yum with the little spoon in her mouth and she slowly tilted her head to see me. I smiled and she turned her head instantly.

"Jho,puro ka kain!"

"Nahiya naman ako sa'yo,Margarita"

"Ssshhhhhh"yun na lang nasabi ko kasi naman eh,nakatitig lang ako kay Jho. Lumapit siya sakin and handed me the other Yum Yum.

"You want?"nahihiyang tanong niya and I felt the atmosphere heating up.

"Yes,thank you",kinuha ko yung Yum Yum and tumalikod naman agad siya,"and you're cute."

----