Chapter 3

Bea's POV

"B!"Jho shouted after I left the dorm and ran back sa gym. Tears stung my eyes and I can't stop them from falling.

"B,wait up!"she said and before I fell on the floor she caught me."B,let's go"

Inakay niya ako at nagpunta kami sa McDO. I don't know pero namalayan ko na lang na nakaupo na ako at inaantay siya.

Why does this has to happen? I rested my chin on the table and looked at the number. 14.

"B,kain na"she ordered two large fries,two large coke, two sundaes and two cheeseburger deluxe. I shook my head no but she put some fries on my mouth so I have no choice but to eat it.

"Jho,wala akong gana"

"Sayang naman pera ko"

"Babayaran ko na lang"

"No. Kainin mo na yan,please?"sabi niya sabay kagat sa cheeseburger niya,"Magkuwento ka nga"

"About what?"

"Duh? Malamang yung dahilan kung bakit ka tumakbo nung makita mo si EJ at kung bakit mo siya iniyakan"I didn't hear her last words but she wiped my tears.

"Hindi pa siguro panahon para malaman mo"

"Eh kailan pa?"

"Kumain ka na lang"hindi ko na din natake kaya kinain ko na din yung binigay niya sa akin then I saw her dipping fries on her sundae. What the?

"Bakit?"

"Alam mo ba,kapag dinip mo daw yung fries mo sa sundae hindi mo makakatuluyan yung first love mo?"she hurriedly dipped her fries on catsup and eat it happily,"who's your first love,then?"

"Ikaw"she said and I was shocked,hindi siya tumitingin sa akin at pinipilit ubusin ang nasa bibig niya,"Ikaw,sino first love mo?" I got a breathe of relief about that question but suddenly got nervous.

"I don't have"

"Weh? Maniwala?"

"Yup"

"Okay"she shrugged her shoulders and I can see in her eyes that she didn't believe what I just said.

How would I start telling things if I'm scared of trusting other people? I'm afraid they will go away just like what everyone else does. Just like what she did to me.

"Malungkot ka na naman"napatingin ako sa kaniya at hinila niya ang magkabilang pisngi ko to make me smile,"Ayan. Happy lang. Mantra natin yun"

"But life is not a game"

"Eh? Wala akong pwedeng sabihin pero as I promised,I will make you happy"

Hinila niya na ako and we found ourselves inside the gym. Ano naman kaya gagawin namin dito?

"Jho,where the hell are you?"kanina lang asa tabi ko siya pero ngayon wala na,she is just like Ponggay,mushroom.

"B!"she shouted and she started giving me balls,I mean the ball in volleyball,okay?

"It's late"

"Wala namang tao eh"pumwesto na siya sa kabilang side at ako din naman sa kabila. Good thing we are on our training shorts and tsinelas so I just removed it,she did the same thing.

"Game"

"Ooops. Patience,grasshopper. Tell me things about yourself if I score then I would do the same"

"Like what?"

"We'll see. Let's play"

---

"Alrightyyy,B. Tell me 5 and I'll give one"

"Ang daya mo naman eh"reklamo ko,she's asking five things about me and she'll just give one. Aish.

"Ayaw mo? Sige,uwi na ako"tapos tinalikuran niya and she didn't even bother looking back. So drama naman this girl.

"Jho,wait up!"I said andran to her,"I'll give each five eventually and after that you'll give the one you wish to tell me,okay?"

"Dumudugo na ilong ko,B. Oo na,tara na nga"she said and held my hand. While walking her phone rung and it scared the hell out of me. Sht.

"Why do you have that ringtone?"

"Sshhhhh"she said and answered the call,"Hello?"

"Sigesige. Malapit na kami"

"Who's that?"

"Jirah and EJ's still there"

"She haven't left?"

"Obviously. Tara na and promise me one thing"

"What is it?"

"To be happy and forgive EJ kung ano man ginawa niya sa'yo"

"Hell no"

"Hell yes!"and she dragged me back sa dorm. This girl is really impossible.

----

"H-hey..."I said as she immediately hugged me,"EJ"

"I missed you"

"Why are you here?"

"Just to see you. I heard from Ponggay na you're here" that Ponggay girl. I'm gonna strangle her later.

"EJ,can we talk about it some other time? I'm tired at may usapan pa kami ni Jho"sabi ko as I walked passed her,"and EJ,please make it clear"

Tsaka ko na siya tinalikuran at umakyat sa kwarto namin. Hindi ko na kaya so I let my tears fall.

Why,EJ? Why?

I saw Jho leaning over me and she smiled but a sad one,her eyes showed it.

"Jho"

"It's okay,B"

Wala na akong nagawa kundi yakapin na lamang siya at hayaang icomfort ako. Just her,just this once, I'll let someone break in my walls.

"EJ was my first love"

Napabitaw siya sa yakap at napatitig sa akin at unti-unting tumulo ang luha sa kaniyang mga mata.

"Why are you crying?"I asked as I wiped her tears and cupped her face,"Tell me,Jho.Tell me"

"Wala. Naiiyak ako kasi ang pangit mong umiyak. Tara na"she laughed,a forced one at hinigit niya na ako pahiga sa kama namin.

Something's wrong with this girl.

"And Jho,that's the first thing of five about me"

"Hindi ako naniniwala"

"What?"

"Wala. Goodnight,B"she said and hugged me kaya wala na akong nagawa but to hug her back and drifted to sleep.

****

Author's Note: Talo but we'll make bawi and JhoBea ganap. =)