Chapter 18

"Adrien? What are you doing?" I asked eyeing him.

"I-um- nothing I'm not that hungry really." He said fiddling with his fingers.

What's wrong?

I pursed my lips and nodded, I'm not buying it. "Hey I'm gonna go bring us some water bottles, anyone want to help?" I asked nudging Adrien.

Before Nathanaël could get a word out Adrien nodded, "I'll go with you y/n."

Aww I'm sorry Nathanaël

What is he thinks I like Adrien?!

Shut up

I mean Adriens nice and all but Nathanaël is-

SHUT UP

Nathanaël is so cute and-

SHHHHHHHHH

Fck I like him... A lot don't I?

First of all technically it's 'we' and second of all YA THINK

I know I just, I knew I thought he was cute but... Yeah you're right I saw this coming, I knew.

Ugh stupid feelings we just met him like two weeks ago.

I shook my head stopping the whole argument in my head and focused on the current situation at hand.

I sighed and walked over to the pantry. Perfect, it was well out of earshot so no one in the lounge could overhear our conversation.

I turned to face Adrien, "What's gotten you so bothered Adrien? You seemed fine a few minutes ago-exited even, and now you seem so...er...uncomfortable." I said softly.

He chuckled softly, "You're very observative , aren't you?"

I nodded and motioned for him to continue.

"Well I..." He sighed and messed with his hair. "Y/n I'm trusting you."

I pinky promise I won't tell anyone... unless it deals with your health and is absolutely necessary." I said holding out my pinky.

"Y/n..."

"Adrien, I'm worried alright. You have to trust me, trust my judgement."

"You swear?" He whispered.

"I swear, I pinky promise." I grimaced and smiled wistfully.

Pinky promise

That's what Nicole used to say.

I miss her

Me too

"A pinky promise is the highest reassurance. My best friend and I took pinky promises very seriously." I chuckled sadly. "Pinky promises to us meant swearing on our friendship, and that was the most sacred of all swears. We were inseparable." I lifted my hands to pull out my locket but retracted. "So once again I pinky promise."

He smiled sympathetically and hooked his pinky with mine. "I trust you. Well as you know my father is Gabrielle Agreste; an extremely famous fashion designer. He uses me a lot to model his clothing. He says I have to be perfect." He said shakily, "Perfect grades, perfect face, perfect perfect attitude, and well... perfect body."