Once or Twice

WARNING: This part in the story will have some trigger in it, plus some beatings and things like that, so if you are uncomfortable with it I'll put a warning before they happen :)

Boring ass school. The torturous hell of life, and everything in it. Teachers look at me like I'm the punk or like I'm a little weird. But let's get real, they think I'm a freak. From having my piercings, to wearing my dark clothes, everyone knows that besides Felix, you didn't want to mess with me. Sure I can be nice, like I was to that boy Mark, but if your on my bad side, I recommend that you run. Besides Felix, that's basically what everyone does, they leave me be, or leave me behind. And I don't mind that I don't have friends, one less reason to stay on this god forsaken place. To be completely honest, I'm scared of me to. What I do to people, scaring them, it makes you think on how much life is worth. If nobody likes you, talks to you, loves you, what's the point of going on.

I just didn't want to go home, but my body drug me down the street from the school, dragging my feet along the way. Mom was probably at work, leaving leave dad to be at a pub. It was a Friday after all, and Friday's are drinking night. Me and my mother knew that. The key to my house was hanging by a metal chain hooked to my back pocket. The tiny key jingled as I dragged myself around a corner, being lead down a few broken, beat up houses before turning to the side of one of the sturdy houses. It was painted a tan with white painting the outside edges. It was extremely pretty, for being house with history. Everyone knew of a ghost tale tolled about this house.

It was said that one night, a man came home to his mate in bed with a other man. The man shot the man before turning to the women in shame, and looked away as he shot her between the eyes. To this day people say that the women and man are still there, haunting the house until they find the women's husband and kill the rest of their bloodline.

But for me, the ghost story was more than true. It's never scared me, it just makes me think that it could happen to me. To my family. My gather would come home one night, drunk as balls, be for shooting my mother than me. It felt way to real. No one knows about my fear, of the house. Its history.

But I kept going till I reached the back of the tan house. Trees border lined the back of the house, stretching as far as the eye can see. Most of these trees were maple trees, with the leaves a dark red color. The soft, smooth skin of the leaves dangled over head, out towering most that came into reach. It made me smile, something that is very hard to accomplish. Just thinking about being as badass as a tree, just standing day after day, being able to look over the city just by staying there. I guess I could spare some time. Walking over to one of my favorite trees, I hurried to slip my backpack off my shoulders and laid it by the base of the tree. Reaching over head to grasp one of the small branches, I tested it before trying to climb. It seemed pretty sturdy. Hoisting myself up with all my upper body strength I had, I wrapped my legs around one of the strongest branches. I hung upside down, making everything look like it was clinging to earth like a bat. I wrapped my arms around the branch before using all my strength to turn over, my stomach resting one the arm of the tree. I looked up to the next arm, grasping it in my fist before resting my foot on another before I began to climb. Branch after branch I climbed to where the arms began to thin out. I could look over the small city, only able to catch glimpses of the street and a few lit up buildings. This is how to spend a Friday night. Looking over the beautiful city.

Maybe I'll have time to visit Karl's grave today, I cringed at the thought. I slowly but surely began to climb down the maple trees large trunk. As I began to get near to the grown, a loud snap surrounded me. I studied my surroundings, looking around for anything that may have stepped on a twig or a loose branch. Nothing. I let go off the branch I was currently holding onto and reached into my back pocket for my Switch Blade. Dad always said to carry a blade, didn't matter what kind. "Always, and I mean always, carry your Switch Blade. You never know who or what could be lurking nearby." Fathers words echoed through my head, anyone could be watching.