Always Second Guessing

I didn't turn to see if anyone was following me, cause frankly I could care less. Tears blurred my eyes sight, the light coming up from the horizon didn't help either. Instead I turned down a street I didn't recognize but I kept running. My fear of getting in deep shit with my school suddenly hit me in the face. I came to complete stop in the middle to the road. What would it look like to mom if I skipped again? Then again she was at work and Dad wasn't there to dick me over so going home seemed like a logically answer. I wiped my eyes of the tears slipping through my eyes and just walked down the street. It was a bit later so people would be in school and most adults at work, it seemed the perfect time to just head home. No one would see me and the chances of a cop coming by my house was slim.

So with my hands stopped deep into my jean pockets I began the journey home. The wind began to blow making my green bangs flow in the wind. It took all of my effort to push through the wind to get to my place. But when I got down the street with the tan house my stomach began to churn; as if butterflies fluttered in it. That's when I heard it, a little cry from the woods. It was so little that I thought I imagined it. But I heard a more loud desperate cry. Thats when I ran. I followed the sound, my feet crunching leaves and twigs as I ran. The cry got louder and louder as I neared the nearby meadow. I stopped to look around once I reached the meadow. I saw a tiny human crouched in the grass. I sprinted towards them, the only thing I noticed was he had blue dyed hair at the top of his head, he wore a light blue sweater with light skinny jeans with darker blue converse.  I threw off my back back and slid on my knees to look at him.

"Hey, are you okay laddie?" The boy looked up at me, and it stuck me. His hazel eyes, they were beautiful. His face was tear shaped with a little bit of acne. His teeth were straighter than my sexuality and his eyes widened up at me.

"It's okay. I'm here to help. Tell me what hurts."

"Um..." He looked into my eyes, searching them for a moment before holding his wrist. They were a bright purple, some parts looked black almost. The same was on the other and I looked at them horrified.

"My wrists hurt the worst." Oh damn. His voice was raspy but smooth like butter. But I shook my head to clear it before I started to think.

"Where do you live?" I asked, he seemed spook and it would be a good idea to get him home.

"I can't go home, my parents....." He stopped. He didn't have to say anymore. I nodded and thought about home. I looked at him, he doesn't seem like much trouble.

"Here I'll take you to my place. It's not far." He nodded before leaning up and pushing himself up to stand. I smiled and stood up, walking over to my backpack and pick it up motioning for the boy to follow. He seemed to relax once we went into the first. He eyed me up and down smiled at me once he came back to my face.

"I love your gages," I smiled. He jogged to catch up to me and looked at my face.

"Thank you," I smile brightened.

"I don't think anyone has ever complicated my piercings before." He smiled back giving me a nudge.

"I never did get to thank my rescuer." He winked at me and I giggled at his cuteness.

"It's Jack." He looked forward to look at the cabin up ahead but looked back at me.

"Well Jack, I'm Ethan, Ethan Mark Nestor-Darling." I smirked at his and chuckled.

"That a mouthful," I commented before we came up to my cabin in the woods. I grabbed my key from my pocket and pushed it in the lick. I twisted it so the door would open then pulled out my key. Ethan looked around the place in awe. He was so adorable, like a little curious kitten. But his gaze soon feel upon Gizmo as she made her presents known. Ethan fell to his knees and opened up his arms as Gizmo jumped into his chest. They both fell over as Gizmo licked Ethan's face.