Sickness & Panic

(ELLO MY LOVELIES!!! Today I will let you read another chapter of this book and I hope you guys enjoy it!!! Alright I'm going to be quiet so I hope you enjoy Sickness & Panic!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Lucy's P.O.V)

"It's a deal, Natsu." The words flowed out of my mouth. I gasped and put my hands up to my mouth.

Did I just speak?

Natsu gasped as well before shaking my shoulders with excitement. "Did you just speak Luce?!" His childish grin was on his face, creating butterflies in my chest.
"I-I think so?" I replied before Natsu stared to whoop with his fists in the air. "HAHA! Those Dark Ones are total idiots for thinking they could corrupt your mind!"

"Stupid fool." Just shut up for a minute Zelroth. I giggled from watching Natsu jump around and throwing his hands in the air with his laughter making the sky brighter for me. The heavy rain was now only a drizzle with the lightning and thunder no longer here. "Oi Luce! It stopped raining it seems." My wings went back behind my back to show me the bright stars dancing in the sky. Sadly, I still couldn't see any of the colors with only Natsu's fiery golden aura popping out from the shades of grey.

"It did stop. Maybe the sky was crying for all of us." I inhaled the air to smell metallic iron and a warm substance in my mouth. I coughed away from Natsu to spit out the red liquid coming out if me.

Blood. So only the curse for my voice was shattered. Then that means I'm still dying."I'm not a fool to tie all the curses together. As long as you have the curses still coursing inside of you, then you are still vulnerable to easily be defeated. Smart aren't I?"

"Will you just be quiet?!" I harshly whispered while wiping the blood off my mouth. I heard Natsu sniffing with his nose in the air as if catching a scent. "I smell blood. Are you bleeding again Lucy?" Natsu was next to me a second later closely inspecting me to find anything. I kicked him away from me putting my hands out and ready to slap his face away. "Have you ever heard of personal space?!" I questioned while glaring cold daggers to pierce into his soul, only to see him shrug and glance away into the distance.

"So...are you free from the curses then?"
I looked away with the shadow covering my eyes. The wind gently picked strands of my hair giving off a gentle breeze in the starry night. "No. I'm still under the curses and to still the chance of..." I shut my mouth to stop from saying dying. If Natsu or anyone knew about the major effects of the curses, then they would surely use magic to heal me. "Find out about what Luce?"

"Hmm? Oh, nothing important." I quickly replied and turned away from his sight again. "More lies to say Light Goddess? You must feel proud of giving him false hope." As long as I'm still breathing then there is hope for me to live. "You won't survive on the battlefield with you being sick dear girl!" You don't even have an army Zelroth, so why would I even be worried about this? "I may not have it now, but don't think I have something up my sleeve."

What are you hiding?

"Ah-ah Lucy! A true master of the darkness knows to not reveal his secret weapon. Don't think that I'll just tell you!"

Well it was worth a shot to ask.

"Luce! You really need to stop daydreaming when talking to people. And here I thought you were actually lady-like!" My head snapped back to him with my hand over my chest in an offended way. "Do you even know the meaning of a lady?!" Natsu only looked at me dumbfounded. I sighed in defeat before finally going back to the edge of the cliff.

"Sorry I was daydreaming. I'm just thinking to much for my brain to even have a break." Natsu continued watching me with concerned yet curious eyes. "You know you can always talk to one of us. You've been through a lot in such a short time that it's unbelievable to see you...well, you." I giggled from his comment. "Well if it wasn't for Seraphina and her teaching me how to shut off my emotions, then I would be insane right now."

"You don't know that," Natsu waved my reply like it was no big deal. "who knows what it could've been! I mean it could just be you being the strong wizard you are-"

"I'm not strong Natsu!" I harshly said forcing him to stop speaking. "I've been weak to Fairy Tail and to Team Natsu ever since I joined the guild, but this time, I'm not going to need anyone's help. Not even your help!" Natsu was stricken back by my words with a pained expression with his eyes holding sadness and betrayal. I immediately realized I spoke without a hint of emotion in it.

Like I didn't even need my nakamas.

"Natsu, I-I'm so sorry! I didn't mean what I said but it just..." Natsu just glance away for a moment before meeting my gaze again with a small smile. "It's alright Luce. I'm guessing it's one of the curses messing with your head." ...No Natsu. That was my own thoughts that spoke. At least, I think so?

"Maybe you're right." The cool wind picked up again, sending chills up my back. I slowly exhaled and wrapped my arms around me. "We should probably get going now. Who knows how long we've been out, and everyone is going to want to know the good news that your voice is back!" Natsu informed waving for me to come over. I held my gaze at him for a second before walking to him.
"I swear Natsu, I didn't mean it. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings."

"It's fine Lucy. You're exhausted and starving for food right now. When you get a good nights rest and a full belly, you'll be better than you ever had!" We slowly paced through the woods to go back to the palace with the moon lighting our vision to see. "I'm not so sure Natsu," I stretched my wings out to feel much better before folding them back behind my back. "I don't know if it is a curse or if it was really me that said that. I feel like I have two minds trapped in one body with both of them fighting for dominance!"

My hands grabbed my scalp feeling remorse from my words and just wanting to hide in a hole with my sickness. I could feel a burning sensation in my eyes with me already knowing that instead of tears, it would be my blood taking its place. I quickly rubbed my eyes hoping Natsu didn't see it.

"Lucy," Natsu sighed and gently placed his hand on my shoulder signaling me to stop. "you won't keep secrets from us right? If you ever need to talk or even need a shoulder to cry on, heck I don't know even punch someone until you feel better,"

I sweat-dropped from
this...'comforting' speech.

"you'll come to us if you ever need help. I'm not saying you're weak Luce, I just...don't want you carrying all of this weight on your shoulders. Especially when someone just escaped from their three years of torment even though its only been three days." Natsu again made me laugh from his comment. He always knew if I was hiding something wether I needed to or just wanted to. I need to practice that.

"Luce? You promise?" He held his hand out for me to shake. I made a 'are-you-kidding-me' expression while glancing down at his hand. "I want to shake on it to make sure you absolutely keep this promise! So, shake on it."

"Why shake when you know you're going to break this promise Light Goddess? Why must you keep lying to your comrades?" I'm not lying to them, I'm only just pushing it aside until I have the right moment to tell them. "I believe you had plenty of time to tell the Salamander that you're dying and the war is only a week away."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S A WEEK AWAY?!" I shouted accidentally freaking out and scared Natsu by accident. "What? A week away? What are you talking about Luce?"

"Natsu! I can hear him in my head! Zelroth has been speaking to me ever since I came back! I was just told by him that in a week the war is coming!
WE NEED AN ARMY NOW!" I spread my wings out and shot up leaving Natsu shocked by my information and to realize I just left him in the woods.

"OI! YOU COULD AT LEAST HAVE CARRIED ME! AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HEAR HIM~! LUUUUUCE!!!"

I'm sorry Natsu, but I now need the awaken the Guardians of the Light from their long slumber. "Minna...we need to prepare before it's to late!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(WAR IS COMING FASTER THAN EVERYONE THOUGHT!!! AND THEY STILL DON'T HAVE AN ARMY YET!!! OH MY GAAAAASH!!!! Well then let's find out in the next chapter when I'm finished hmmm??? As always guys...
LOVE YOU ALL!!!❤️)